It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Darkside wrote:
Calling a guy a bust after his debut game is downright stupid.
Calling him great before he plays a game is stupid

I do recall predicting that statistically, this rookie season, Fields would likely have better numbers.

History is filled with guys who debuted to historic games (say for example tuffy rhodes) and guys who became hall of farmers who who struggled for a year or more.

We gave fields 3 years to show improvement. He never did. Let's give Williams a chance to see if he can adjust to the NFL and it's speed.

Plenty of people called him great before he ever played an NFL game and you never said a word as usual. I guess you weren't exactly triggered by that piece of "stupidity" aye?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:04 pm 

And by the way when did it become a Federal crime to prognosticate about athletes? As long as I've watched sports people have done this and no one ever thought it was illegal.
If the kid is good/great it will play itself out and if he isn't then that too will play itself out as well.
I'm first and foremost a Bears fan and wanted to see them make a move to move the franchise forward. Drafting him wasn't that imo. But time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This makes me feel better about Waldron and a little about Caleb.

https://youtu.be/b6SFUluJJco?si=kuS1ARvljShyBvB2

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:

There's a video of Coleman Shelton's "highlights" from the Titans game posted on Reddit and elsewhere. It's insane how many times Shelton whiffed on blocking assignments, including a couple of pass attempts that were batted down because he allowed so much penetration. Williams didn't have a chance on several plays, and it's something of a miracle he didn't get killed on Sunday. Anyway, that video makes me feel a little better about Williams' performance. For a former offensive lineman, Poles doesn't seem to be a very good judge of offensive line talent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

There's a video of Coleman Shelton's "highlights" from the Titans game posted on Reddit and elsewhere. It's insane how many times Shelton whiffed on blocking assignments, including a couple of pass attempts that were batted down because he allowed so much penetration. Williams didn't have a chance on several plays, and it's something of a miracle he didn't get killed on Sunday. Anyway, that video makes me feel a little better about Williams' performance. For a former offensive lineman, Poles doesn't seem to be a very good judge of offensive line talent.

Poles was allegedly responsible for Creed Humphrey. The veteran/journeyman thing hasn't worked in Chicago. Bates getting bulldozed and Davis not helping Shelton didn't help. These guys need to figure things out quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I propose Shelton was having a mental breakdown in the middle of a football game.

A choke +.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’m starting to wonder if Poles sees himself in these bums he’s cycling through across the line. It’s like he’s intentionally filling the room with guys nobody else would want.

Wright would be the obvious exception. Maybe Jenkins, but Poles did spend the better part of his first offseason trying to run Jenkins out of town.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:59 am 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’m starting to wonder if Poles sees himself in these bums he’s cycling through across the line. It’s like he’s intentionally filling the room with guys nobody else would want.

Wright would be the obvious exception. Maybe Jenkins, but Poles did spend the better part of his first offseason trying to run Jenkins out of town.

The same thought has crossed my mind. It's similar to the way a scouting outsider like Phil Emery sought out a fellow outcast like Marc Trestman to be his head coach.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
JT O’Sullivans take seems to be Caleb looked a bit nervous, the O-line was dogshit, and the scheme actually looked good but he questioned the personnel being used at times.

All fixable, and nothing to get over the skis about.

Also, Kurt Warner mentioned that almost all opening week games featured shit QB play with several big names not even breaking the 200 yard mark.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:17 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

The same thought has crossed my mind. It's similar to the way a scouting outsider like Phil Emery sought out a fellow outcast like Marc Trestman to be his head coach.

It is definitely an interesting thought and could be in Poles mind as he makes these decisions.

The ongoing refusal to fix the center position is a travesty. it is perhaps the 2nd most important position on that side of the ball and we continue to kick turds into that position and hope it goes better. No doubt we all got spoiled by having that position locked up by someone like Olin for so long, but they have to be able to get someone that is at least serviceable.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

We are all guilty of this to some extent. That said, if you're going to spend money in certain areas, you have to hit on a few TJ Edwards type of players to stay competitive. I think Poles approach is making the Bears appealing to guys who may have one season left in their body.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:27 pm 

This guy has been breaking down film and going in on Caleb for awhile now. He has him as a bust.

https://youtu.be/bDdwMWk-X68?si=DR2u0p-jkr72y3js

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:33 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
This guy has been breaking down film and going in on Caleb for awhile now. He has him as a bust.

Damn what a shame, Justin Fields 2.0.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:42 pm 

No rookie qb had won an opening day start in 6 years before Caleb did. I'm thrilled with the historic result.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:46 pm 

So how many starts and how many tds does Williams throw in a Bears uniform? We can set the over/under at Fields numbers with Chicago if you want.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

We are all guilty of this to some extent. That said, if you're going to spend money in certain areas, you have to hit on a few TJ Edwards type of players to stay competitive. I think Poles approach is making the Bears appealing to guys who may have one season left in their body.

That's not what I would call an endorsement of Poles' team-building strategy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:58 pm 

Brick wrote:

So how many starts and how many tds does Williams throw in a Bears uniform? We can set the over/under at Fields numbers with Chicago if you want.

Brick IF YOU THINK HE WILL BE A "GENERATIONAL QB" then just say that you think he will be a "GENERATIONAL QB". Enough with all of the Questions about what I THINK HE WILL BE. Step out for once in your miserable life!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:59 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Damn what a shame, Justin Fields 2.0.

Justin will be better than Jordan Love this season. Book it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That's not what I would call an endorsement of Poles' team-building strategy.

He's building through the draft and free agency. If Caleb is great, you're going to eventually need some cheap salaries to fill out your roster. Sow those seeds today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:50 pm 

Brick wrote:

Brick IF YOU THINK HE WILL BE A "GENERATIONAL QB" then just say that you think he will be a "GENERATIONAL QB". Enough with all of the Questions about what I THINK HE WILL BE. Step out for once in your miserable life!

You are taking nonstop about how much he sucks. Just put some actual weight behind it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:57 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

You are taking nonstop about how much he sucks. Just put some actual weight behind it.

Ok.do you think he will be "Generational" "great" "very good" what exactly?

I'm not interested in discussions where you want to ask gotcha questions all day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:21 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

I'm not interested in discussions where you want to ask gotcha questions all day.

He will be good in year 1. Great in year 2. I don't think he's the next Mahomes or Brady though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:21 pm 

Now how about you? Starts and total tds? More than Fields?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:40 pm 

Brick wrote:

Why can't you ever seem to do anything besides disagree with me?

What do you think Caleb Williams will be and why?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:42 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

He will be good in year 1. Great in year 2. I don't think he's the next Mahomes or Brady though.

OK so you have him to be An All Pro by the end of Year 2. I disagree and believe that he will not be. I have him to be a bust actually and nowhere near what Prognosticators think he will be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:02 pm 

Brick wrote:

You are wrong a lot.

What do you think Caleb Williams will be and why?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Rome has a grade 1 MCL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:04 pm 

OK so you have him to be An All Pro by the end of Year 2. I disagree and believe that he will not be. I have him to be a bust actually and nowhere near what Prognosticators think he will be.

Not an All Pro. Pro Bowl sure. Top 10 sure. Hopefully even better than top 10.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Brick wrote:

You are wrong a lot.
:lol:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Don't take that too hard Doc. He disagrees with everything I say too and you and I never agree so....

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next