It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Reared on the Score wrote:
BD wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Barstool guy shouldve said it again.

Has there been any reaction from Barstool people on Dan's reaction?

you must not be as big of a fan of Barstool as you are of the WSCR hosts (of whom you hear everything they say, and then imagine some more stuff they didn't say)

https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=132488

I don't imagine things that they don't say. If you have an example, please share.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernstein and Grote having a full on PCA blow job party today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:

Have they compared to him the best players in baseball yet? So funny...just a month ago, they had him as a bust, ruining the Cubs season by playing him in the majors.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Have they compared to him the best players in baseball yet? So funny...just a month ago, they had him as a bust, ruining the Cubs season by playing him in the majors.

ok BD, there's radio that you're imagining. You instructed me to let you know when you did that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

ok BD, there's radio that you're imagining. You instructed me to let you know when you did that.

BERNSTEIN absolutely was already walking out the "bust" talk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Not really.

One of them invoked Bobby Witt Jr. as a possible comparison a few weeks ago, but they weren't quite ready to take that leap.

About 4-6 weeks ago, they were critical of his role on the team, questioned the Cubs for having him being this important to a team supposed to contend.

I didn't hear today yet, but we're probably not far from him now being a foundational player.

Do better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:17 pm 

Since around the end of July first part of August he has looked like a foundational player. Now will that stay that way? Who knows. But they are not wrong for changing their view on him for the moment.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I'm not ready to anoint the kid. Give me a full year of this and we'll talk. Great traits, but there's still some holes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
There were two distinct points today I took the twitch media player off of mute as I sat watching the chat get trolled by Barstool fans, and christ both times it was like tuning into a lecture hall. First time I turned the sound on Dan was lamenting that he was doing his own deep statistical dive on some Cubs player and was about to publish his results when FanGraphs put up an article coming to the exact same conclusion, so they read that piece for a bit. The second time, Dan was giving Grote some word problem that was read out something like "what do these players have in common, and about what player is it in reference to?" from the Brad Biggs mail bag.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
There were two distinct points today I took the twitch media player off of mute as I sat watching the chat get trolled by Barstool fans, and christ both times it was like tuning into a lecture hall. First time I turned the sound on Dan was lamenting that he was doing his own deep statistical dive on some Cubs player and was about to publish his results when FanGraphs put up an article coming to the exact same conclusion, so they read that piece for a bit. The second time, Dan was giving Grote some word problem that was read out something like "what do these players have in common, and about what player is it in reference to?" from the Brad Biggs mail bag.

The chat attack has been part of their brute force push mainly assigned to the Minifans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Since around the end of July first part of August he has looked like a foundational player. Now will that stay that way? Who knows. But they are not wrong for changing their view on him for the moment.

He was one of the best prospects in baseball and got off to a slow start in the majors. It's too early to say if he'll continue playing at this level, but he has a high ceiling.

They're not wrong for changing their opinion, but they are a bit alarmist for being so back and forth to such a degree in such a small amount of time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:12 pm 

after being told by 8) Barstool Big Cat 8) to "be entertaining", Dan, nevertheless, persisted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein kicked off the show on Wednesday referring to the dogs/cats being eaten story ...yes, trying to be funny (trying), but he really should be on a progressive radio show. He can't go more than a segment or two without some reference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:30 am 

BD wrote:
Bernstein kicked off the show on Wednesday referring to the dogs/cats being eaten story ...yes, trying to be funny (trying), but he really should be on a progressive radio show. He can't go more than a segment or two without some reference.

Maybe he is auditioning to be Roe Conn type?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
pittmike wrote:

Hanging onto an AM radio talk show 10 years after he stopped being relevant? I'd say he already is.

EDIT: can't say I see this post-radio gig for Senor, though:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
I'm not ready to anoint the kid. Give me a full year of this and we'll talk. Great traits, but there's still some holes.

Yeah I mean Frank Schwindel hit .342 for a half season.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:22 am 

Didn't know he became a sheriff. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Hanging onto an AM radio talk show 10 years after he stopped being relevant? I'd say he already is.

EDIT: can't say I see this post-radio gig for Senor, though:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:19 pm 

BD wrote:

only a snowflake like yourself would think referencing that story is a partisan political opinion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:

only a snowflake like yourself would think referencing that story is a partisan political opinion

Bernstein is extremely partisan. You think that's a non-partisan story to him?

Of course not.

Calling me a snowflake doesn't change anything. Keep to the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:28 pm 

Pretty sure Bernsie was on the edge of an orgasm while talking fishing with Justin Steele

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:12 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Pretty sure Bernsie was on the edge of an orgasm while talking fishing with Justin Steele

Until Dan said tuna fishing was horrible and Steele said it was awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Not670studio
If bernsie had any cartilage left he would have jumped the shark a long time ago. Instead he's sort of just stumbled over it. Even today he just blurted out soft cliches about the Bears being in a good spot and blah blah blah. Can't believe anyone still listens to his garbage, I certainly don't. #PFTB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:35 pm 

670isbad wrote:
If bernsie

Dan thanks you for respecting his chosen names

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:51 pm 

670isbad wrote:
Can't believe anyone still listens to his garbage, I certainly don't. #PFTB

670isbad wrote:
Even today he just blurted out soft cliches about the Bears being in a good spot and blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
so were there any disruptions at the remote today with Bernstein? Or has Barstool completely forgotten about him already?

it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:04 pm 

Ricky11Slade wrote:
so were there any disruptions at the remote today with Bernstein? Or has Barstool completely forgotten about him already?

the board has completely forgotten about Barstool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The ghost of honest talk Dan Wiederer resurfaced during transition. He said Bryce Young unable to spot open receivers then running reminded him of Justin Fields on the Bears.

Interesting his honest Fields talk killed by Larry Holmes popped up with Larry on a listener friendly day off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:09 am 

Ricky11Slade wrote:

the board has completely forgotten about Barstool

most here don't exactly fit their target demographic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94