It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
spmack wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:
This board has been here over 20 years, and some things remain the same, which is the hate for anything Goff, Holmes, or Hood. Too black.

Lotta folks here are Hood fans, and always have been.

Now come on Crest, me and you both have been here since the days of posting Hood's past due bills and his face super imposed on Michelin Man.

There are still a number of people here who have always enjoyed his work.

And I thought the overdue bill thing was on Jason?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:
This board has been here over 20 years, and some things remain the same, which is the hate for anything Goff, Holmes, or Hood. Too black.

Lotta folks here are Hood fans, and always have been.

Now come on Crest, me and you both have been here since the days of posting Hood's past due bills and his face super imposed on Michelin Man.

There are still a number of people here who have always enjoyed his work.

And I thought the overdue bill thing was on Jason?

Hood as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:37 pm 

spmack wrote:

I listen to J.Hood every morning on ESPN. "Too black" is a stupid comment. Goff just is not good at radio. Holmes is fine, just a nerd. Hood is good when he is not trying to be funny. Too many segments on his show, but still better then Mulli/Haugh.

How do you explain my "hate" for Bernstein, Spiegs, Mulli, Haugh, Parkins, ZZ, Shane R? Too _____?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Juiced wrote:
spmack wrote:

I used to like Holmes when he had his own show at night. Now he is horrible with Danny Bernstein. Goff is unlistenable with all his racist thoughts and rumbling about nothing or his own useless thoughts. Just listened to his podcast for first time and I could only handle 10 minutes before I wanted to start day drinking. Hard to believe people subscribe to that garbage.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Juiced wrote:
spmack wrote:

I listen to J.Hood every morning on ESPN. "Too black" is a stupid comment. Goff just is not good at radio. Holmes is fine, just a nerd. Hood is good when he is not trying to be funny. Too many segments on his show, but still better then Mulli/Haugh.

How do you explain my "hate" for Bernstein, Spiegs, Mulli, Haugh, Parkins, ZZ, Shane R? Too _____?

Hood is funny when they are offhand comments. And when he's digging at people. He's got a little Purdue Rick in him in that respect. Unlike RickySlade, who comes off creepy and inauthentic. Even in a sports post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:57 pm 

Juiced wrote:
spmack wrote:

That was a lazy post is what that was - sure to get replies, not too worried about backing it up with any sort of evidence that it has any basis in truth. The "too black" tag at the end was the chef's kiss, a nice way to wrap up a simple minded take based on nothing.

I look forward to the next lazy snipe where all the Bernstein hate is clearly a continuation of 20 years of rampant anti-semetism here ... bonus points for some white knighting for JDC and her continued battle against all the misogynistic trolls here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Station is much better when Larry is off. No wokeness (even Bernstein) in all I've listened to. Leila is a sleeper segment destroyer with all her blandness & agreeing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
spmack wrote:

Hood is the best host in the city these days - my favorite host by a long shot.

Holmes has never been accused of being too black :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:25 pm 

spmack wrote:

Who you crappin. I’m the original hood fan on this site. I listened to his shows even on Friday nights with high school holla. He’s a vestige of the golden era of score

The world is a more interesting place with Holmes in it. He’s a funny little man. Regular reader was one of his big detractors here, by the way.

Goff changed with the slightest whiff of success. He became supremely arrogant and self satisfied with modest professional accomplishment. He’s making pocket change from his podcast topping at 16k views.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
As I remember, almost everyone liked Goff and was bummed when he went to Atlanta, then glad when he came back to replace Patrick Mannelly. It was the NBA Social Justice show he did with Bernstein that ruined him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Dominos
Goff was a good producer. Went to Atlanta and got fired. Came back to the Score and was awful co-hosting a show . I am guessing he is even worse now. We can only hope that now that he has the Bulls tv gig, he will not be anywhere near the radio.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
spmack wrote:

Woke dumbass.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
As I remember, almost everyone liked Goff and was bummed when he went to Atlanta, then glad when he came back to replace Patrick Mannelly. It was the NBA Social Justice show he did with Bernstein that ruined him.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
brucester001 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
spmack wrote:

Goff is unlistenable with all his racist thoughts and rumbling about nothing or his own useless thoughts.

Goff: :lol: "there it is!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Phil Leotardo wrote:
spmack wrote:

Woke dumbass.

Me or Goff?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
spmack wrote:

Hood is the best host in the city these days - my favorite host by a long shot.

Holmes has never been accused of being too black :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Miss you W. Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Has Spiegel even hinted at when a decision will be made? Soon?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seems being paired with the back of the baseball card guys has not worked well for Larry and Goff.

Some of us remember "young Jason" calling into the HFC, he likely would benefit from being paired with someone that could keep him focused on sports talk, maybe an ex-Jock.

Larry is doing a show that appeals to a tiny segment of the sports talk listening audience, read somewhere that his YouTube stuff gets significantly less traffic than Kaps.

Does seem the movement to all digital content is inevitable and you have to provide unique content to stand out, not sure if the current group at WSCR is capable of doing that unless there is a significant change in leadership.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
spmack wrote:

Who you crappin. I’m the original hood fan on this site. I listened to his shows even on Friday nights with high school holla. He’s a vestige of the golden era of score

The world is a more interesting place with Holmes in it. He’s a funny little man. Regular reader was one of his big detractors here, by the way.

Goff changed with the slightest whiff of success. He became supremely arrogant and self satisfied with modest professional accomplishment. He’s making pocket change from his podcast topping at 16k views.

Yeah, I don't think you can include Hood with the other two. He isn't really hated.

I would argue that the hate is actually for bernstein and Holmes and Goff are his proteges/imitators.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:14 am 
Site Admin

spmack wrote:
Phil Leotardo wrote:
spmack wrote:

Woke dumbass.

Me or Goff?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:01 pm 

It looks to my untrained eye to be Bernstein-Harris followed by Spiegel-Holmes. Larry gets his coveted drive time and Harris has worked enough with Dan now to know the lay of the land.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Dominos
That would be two very hard to listen to shows. Only thing worse would be hiring Goff in any capacity. Does anyone know why Marshall Harris left channel 2? I am guessing his contract ran out and they didn’t renew him in order to save $$.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

orioleboy wrote:
It looks to my untrained eye to be Bernstein-Harris followed by Spiegel-Holmes. Larry gets his coveted drive time and Harris has worked enough with Dan now to know the lay of the land.

You may be on to something here

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:35 pm 

I think that would officially kill any chance I have of listening to the station for the most part - I've listened, at some amount, since Shaer was at the mic on day #1 but I don't think I could handle either one of those shows. Anything with Larry is an immediate "can't listen", and I don't think I've heard anything out of Marshall's mouth that could come close to offsetting current day Bernstein. I suppose I'd still fire up Yelly and Punny in the am occasionally, if nothing else other than to hear that knuckle dragger Dustin repeat the show run down 18 times in 20 minutes at 5am, but wooboy I think this would be as little as I could stomach the station...ever.

Do agree that hiring Goff back would have been even worse, so at least that didn't happen (hopefully).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Seacrest wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

Great.

I'd give Bernsie/Harris a try but I can't really take more than a few minutes of Holmes. Just can't.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
City of Fools wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

Great.

I'd give Bernsie/Harris a try but I can't really take more than a few minutes of Holmes. Just can't.

Call me crazy, but a Spiegel pairing just may be what Larry needs. Spiegel doesn't seem to be a fan of very.serious.radio.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
From what I have heard so far, Marshall Harris reminds me of Gabe Ramirez.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

Great.

Bernstein has been less political the past few days with Harris. I'm sure that would change with time, but I'll the break from his insanity. It's not a bad show when it's talking about sports. I don't have to agree with them or may find some of the opinions to be stupid, but I know one thing (regardless of political leanings) that I don't want to hear on a sports show. Shouldn't be a tough concept, but it is. I'll take this vacation though from the bad political takes as a small victory.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:07 pm 

BD wrote:
Bernstein has been less political the past few days with Harris. I'm sure that would change with time, but I'll the break from his insanity. It's not a bad show when it's talking about sports. I don't have to agree with them or may find some of the opinions to be stupid, but I know one thing (regardless of political leanings) that I don't want to hear on a sports show. Shouldn't be a tough concept, but it is. I'll take this vacation though from the bad political takes as a small victory.

could be because Marshall Harris was born and raised in the south, and (I'm assuming, applying stereotypes) openly Christian. So that takes out some Bernstein cannon fodder. Sorry BD, there's still potential to needle white people!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:11 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Call me crazy, but a Spiegel pairing just may be what Larry needs. Spiegel doesn't seem to be a fan of very.serious.radio.

Maybe? I'm not sure it's possible to have a good partner with Larry. I suppose Spiegel wouldn't be multiplicatively bad partner like Dan is. At least Spiegel will share enthusiasm for sports. Though they'll likely feed off eachother's tendency towards awkward personal stories too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next