It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Which forum will be more popular?:

Media Graveyard (North)

Afternoon Saloon

Mac's Clubhouse

Mac, you can move your posts here now . . . 'till May.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:18 am 

I vote for Freds Blog or maybe Sportsjuana.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 am 

Im not trying to sound like a dick, but shouldn't this section be in the Media Graveyard? Is Bigfan now president of the Mac ALS?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Napoli's in the Stock
Quote:
Im not trying to sound like a dick, but shouldn't this section be in the Media Graveyard? Is Bigfan now president of the Mac ALS?

Don't apologize, you decided to stand on a limb, stay out on that limb. I thought this was lame as all hell. What does that mean Grobber gets his own little playhouse? How about Drinky, if he got fired does he get one too? BF lets keep this real man. Just because Mac posts on this board, doesn't mean we have to bend over backwards for him. He is now looking in from the outside like the rest of us little minions on this board, let him post his shit in the media graveyard. God this is so stupid! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Word

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
With guys like Grobberor Tom Shaer, you had no idea if they would ever get another gig in sports radio. With Mac, it's a virtual certainty he will be back on the air come May. Some guys WANT to see him posting in the media graveyard, so they can dance a bit on the gravesite. But I predict (I'm saying it like I mean it) that Mac will not only be back on the Radio in May, but that the new show will be a big hit and Mac will be refreshed and reinvigorated. I will not be surprised if he's back with the Score, where it all started. If he is, the Score will just trounce WMVP AM 1000 in the ratings. The only good show they have now is Silvy and Waddle. If Mac had a show matched up against them, it could be game, set and match.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
With guys like Grobberor Tom Shaer, you had no idea if they would ever get another gig in sports radio. With Mac, it's a virtual certainty he will be back on the air come May. Some guys WANT to see him posting in the media graveyard, so they can dance a bit on the gravesite. But I predict (I'm saying it like I mean it) that Mac will not only be back on the Radio in May, but that the new show will be a big hit and Mac will be refreshed and reinvigorated. I will not be surprised if he's back with the Score, where it all started. If he is, the Score will just trounce WMVP AM 1000 in the ratings. The only good show they have now is Silvy and Waddle. If Mac had a show matched up against them, it could be game, set and match.

Sorry, I cant understand a word you are saying when your face is dug in that deep into Mac's sphincter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 pm 

Paulie Pennino wrote:
Isnt the constant hating toward Mac and the so called Mac ALSers just as annoying as the initial Ass Licking?
And arent most of the people criticizing Mac and Macs ALSers in fact on the Board of Trustees for the BERNISE A.L.S.?

Ive got nothing against Mac. I know he will probably have a new job sometime soon, and I hope it's with the Score. I just find it kind of funny the way everyone here bows down to him. And I really don't think he should have his own section until he is back on the air. Right now he is part of the Media Graveyard. Will he rise from the dead? Probably. But until then...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Who cares if he has his own section on some stupid forum? Do people see themselves as some sort of hall of fame voter trying to protect the integrity of the CSFMB?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
let us all speak in generalities.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I have a Buddha Mac statue that I pray to every morning.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 pm 

Paulie Pennino wrote:
[

Who set u up with your first woman?...Me Paulie I was Responsible

You busted. You broke. You ain't a virgin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:52 pm 

Quote:
Who cares if he has his own section on some stupid forum? Do people see themselves as some sort of hall of fame voter trying to protect the integrity of the CSFMB?

Whatever KD, its called being consistent. My initial post on this is points out how by setting up a separate area for The great MACthus creates a precedent for the other former radio hosts who may be in between jobs. How are we for sure that Grobber may not in turn have job offers lined up for the future? We don't, we also don't know if The great MAC will work ever again in the Chicagoland market. There are no givens in anything in this job market. Maybe his next job will be at Highland High School (WHHS) doing the morning gig teaching the next generation of adults the classics. Point being why set up this precedent? Next thing we will have to endure a forum for Mike North, based on him coming on here and schmoozing a few of the schills.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
uncle fester wrote:
Whatever KD, its called being consistent. My initial post on this is points out how by setting up a separate area for The great MACthus creates a precedent for the other former radio hosts who may be in between jobs. How are we for sure that Grobber may not in turn have job offers lined up for the future? We don't, we also don't know if The great MAC will work ever again in the Chicagoland market. There are no givens in anything in this job market. Maybe his next job will be at Highland High School (WHHS) doing the morning gig teaching the next generation of adults the classics. Point being why set up this precedent? Next thing we will have to endure a forum for Mike North, based on him coming on here and schmoozing a few of the schills.

It's called a message board and its being hosted, run, and moderated by a guy who has never had a history of being consistent and that's one of the enjoyable things about this place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:05 pm 

Quote:
It's called a message board and its being hosted, run, and moderated by a guy who has never had a history of being consistent and that's one of the enjoyable things about this place.

True enough, I guess I'll be looking for the Tommy William memorial wing soon, and possibly the Sean Salisbury burittoville station stop any day now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
uncle fester wrote:
based on him coming on here and schmoozing a few of the schills.

I miss Steve Schill. Why did he have to smack his wife around?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
A7X wrote:

Here's a slight Brush with Fame when Mr. Schill wanted to smack me around.

Back in the day, I was enjoying the 4th of July festivities as a guest of DA MARE, in the Mayor's tent. It was quite nice, food, drinks, etc. We were sitting in the first row at the bandshell right next to FOX 32 and Steve Schill who was covering it. He wanted to know if he could interview one of us and, since I had quite a few in me at the time, I said, "Sure. I'll do it." So, a drunken Dr. Ken did about a 2 minute interview - standard stuff, "We've got great seats here...everybody should check out these festivities at least once....they are a great time". I was eloquent and handsome.

So, as a gift he gave me a rolled scroll of the Declaration of Independence. I said, "This is great!! Is this the original?" He paused, gave me a great double take, and said, "No..What?...N-n-no". He couldn't really gather his thoughts to close the segment and then looked like he wanted to kill me when the camera went off.

I found it all very amusing but then I have a signature of a guy saying "I like BJ's", so I'm kind of juvenile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Steve Shill is doing the news in Palm Springs CA.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
A7X wrote:

Back in the day, I was enjoying the 4th of July festivities as a guest of DA MARE, in the Mayor's tent. It was quite nice, food, drinks, etc. We were sitting in the first row at the bandshell right next to FOX 32 and Steve Schill who was covering it. He wanted to know if he could interview one of us and, since I had quite a few in me at the time, I said, "Sure. I'll do it." So, a drunken Dr. Ken did about a 2 minute interview - standard stuff, "We've got great seats here...everybody should check out these festivities at least once....they are a great time". I was eloquent and handsome.

So, as a gift he gave me a rolled scroll of the Declaration of Independence. I said, "This is great!! Is this the original?" He paused, gave me a great double take, and said, "No..What?...N-n-no". He couldn't really gather his thoughts to close the segment and then looked like he wanted to kill me when the camera went off.

I found it all very amusing but then I have a signature of a guy saying "I like BJ's", so I'm kind of juvenile.

You should have told him you were going to hand it directly to Mayor Daley so that he could trample all over it. That's always good for a return invite.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
good dolphin wrote:
You should have told him you were going to hand it directly to Mayor Daley so that he could trample all over it. That's always good for a return invite.

Never look a graft horse in the mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
So the B&B section should be called "BBALS"?

This employs good English and doesn't sound near as fruity.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
A7X wrote:

Did he look into the camera, and address you during the weather that night? It was always so weird when he did that. "Hey Bob, great barbeque last Tuesday. Okay, here's the 5 day forcast."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
A7X wrote:

She probably wouldn't shut the f' up. The previous message is a joke. Colonel Angus in no way supports or tolerates domestic violence.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 pm 

A7X wrote:
Did he look into the camera, and address you during the weather that night? It was always so weird when he did that. "Hey Bob, great barbeque last Tuesday. Okay, here's the 5 day forcast."

He didn't look like he was going to send me any Xmas cards. He was pretty pissed that I flustered him on-air. I doubt I got an on-air shoutout.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:55 am 
1000 CLUB

I remember Garry Meier saying that Schill used to ride around the loop on some type of stand up motorized scooter looking like Ben Hur.