It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mulligan's Teases
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:27 am 

The teases Mully uses are starting to turn me away from a show I listen very little to. It really doesn't bother me when hosts tease a topic, so long as they address the topic in a timely manner. In the last week, Mully has teased two topics that had me intrigued. Last week he began mentioning that he and Hanley were going to announce the latest Bear FA signing "when we return". This was at 6:45. I was waiting to take a shower as I didn't want to miss who the signing was. I have to be at work by 7:20 so when 7:05 rolled around and they still hadn't announced who the signing was, I had to take a shower or go through an entire work day smelling like Dan Jigget's car seat. As I pulled into the parking lot at 7:20, Mully finally announced the Bears signing. WTF, Mully, a 35 minute tease?

Today at 6:25, they were discussing Vinny Del Negro. Mully said they had some must listen to comments that would shock the listeners from VD's pregame press conference. So I sat around waiting after the break. Next thing I know, they have callers calling in ranking the worst coaches in Chicago of all time. Finally before the next break, Mully mentions that during the 8 o'clock hour they will have Dan Dakich in studio and that during the 7 o'clock hour they were going to address Vinny Del Negros shocking pregame remarks. This pissed me off beyond belief. I have a freaking job to get ready and go to. I'm sure thousands of other listeners do too. Give us a break and address your teases after the next break. Who the fuck teases something for more than 30 minutes in radio? As much as I hate the bland ESPN radio, at least when they do their teases they address them in the next segment!

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

Post subject: Re: Mulligan's Teases
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Uh, I'm not sure what show you were listening to. I'm in the car at 6:20 and at work before 7, and I heard them "break" the news about the new Olineman, and talk about it at length before my workday started.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 pm 

Frank, I enjoy and respect you as a poster, but I feel pretty strongly about the times I gave. I wouldn't make this up. I was laying around for a good amount of time waiting for Mulligan's breaking news and was royally pissed off when he announced it as I was pulling in for work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
the ghost of t-dub wrote:
Frank, I enjoy and respect you as a poster.

This is worthy of a DB nomination.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I agree Leon :p

I don't recall the day last week, I just know I was in the company van, and knew all about the FA signing before I got to work at 7am.

I do agree that Mully's teases are usually pretty bad.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I agree Leon :p

I don't recall the day last week, I just know I was in the company van, and knew all about the FA signing before I got to work at 7am.

I do agree that Mully's teases are usually pretty bad.

Its Laon not Leon :wink:

Leon is Mr. Reason's best friend on this board.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:41 am 

The teases Mully uses are starting to turn me away from a show I listen very little to. It really doesn't bother me when hosts tease a topic, so long as they address the topic in a timely manner. In the last week, Mully has teased two topics that had me intrigued. Last week he began mentioning that he and Hanley were going to announce the latest Bear FA signing "when we return". This was at 6:45. I was waiting to take a shower as I didn't want to miss who the signing was. I have to be at work by 7:20 so when 7:05 rolled around and they still hadn't announced who the signing was, I had to take a shower or go through an entire work day smelling like Dan Jigget's car seat. As I pulled into the parking lot at 7:20, Mully finally announced the Bears signing. WTF, Mully, a 35 minute tease?

Today at 6:25, they were discussing Vinny Del Negro. Mully said they had some must listen to comments that would shock the listeners from VD's pregame press conference. So I sat around waiting after the break. Next thing I know, they have callers calling in ranking the worst coaches in Chicago of all time. Finally before the next break, Mully mentions that during the 8 o'clock hour they will have Dan Dakich in studio and that during the 7 o'clock hour they were going to address Vinny Del Negros shocking pregame remarks. This pissed me off beyond belief. I have a freaking job to get ready and go to. I'm sure thousands of other listeners do too. Give us a break and address your teases after the next break. Who the fuck teases something for more than 30 minutes in radio? As much as I hate the bland ESPN radio, at least when they do their teases they address them in the next segment!

If you are on a message board you probably have a computer which has a search engine where you could have found out with relative ease. I agree that Mully needs to be a better "driver" or better yet Danny Mac can do it for them. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:11 pm 

spmack wrote:

Its Laon not Leon :wink:

Leon is Mr. Reason's best friend on this board.

"The Professional"?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 am 

spmack wrote:
Frank, I enjoy and respect you as a poster.

This is worthy of a DB nomination.

Hehe, you're probably right. :)

Lamar's Burrito, my internet at home was not working. Believe me, I wouldn't have sat through those stupid teases if it was.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordano's

Unfortunately, their objective is to keep you listening - even if it pisses you off with a lengthy tease. Mike and Mike tease things that they never discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:53 am 

[
Unfortunately, their objective is to keep you listening - even if it pisses you off with a lengthy tease. Mike and Mike tease things that they never discuss.[/quote]

i'm aware of that, it just motivates me to turn the dial or put in a cd.

i've not noticed that about mike and mike, then again i don't listen to them as much as other programs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 am 

Mulligan is really annoying the hell out of me,with his fucking fake laughter and he keeps repeating that we are listenning to "Chicago Sports radio" no shit Sherlock here i thought i was listenning to Baghdad fucking radio.We know what the fucking station and city we live are.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Napoli's in the Stock
I'm a big fan of days when Mulligan is absent, Hanley is a more enjoyable listen for me, probably not appointment radio though. I find a lot of days when Mully is playing the tease game, or the I'm going to one up Hanley's story today, or the ever present "hey lets yell at the listeners, while I'm trying to tell you a simple story" bit I tend to want to hhit the play button on the cd.