It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:57 pm 

... the past 24 hours.... has made my stay-at-home dad/husband experience more tolerable. I've been pretty content not being on the air for 2 1/2 months... but when the Cutler and Pace stuff broke... I was jonesin' for a place to discuss it. This place is a good place for it and it's been therapeutic. You cats are a fun, spirited group, whether we agree or not doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Mac wrote:
... the past 24 hours.... has made my stay-at-home dad/husband experience more tolerable. I've been pretty content not being on the air for 2 1/2 months... but when the Cutler and Pace stuff broke... I was jonesin' for a place to discuss it. This place is a good place for it and it's been therapeutic. You cats are a fun, spirited group, whether we agree or not doesn't matter.

Dan - my sentiments exactly. Last couple of weeks haven't been easy and it is quite the stress reliever coming here and chatting with the most knowledgeable and electrifying sports fans in the world.

Did anyone mention that the Bears got Cutler? I'm not sure I saw it posted...

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
We want Mac !! We want Mac !!! Only 2 shows in chicago radio are worth a damm S&W and B&B.....

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:02 pm 

As Rodney said in Back to School

We care a lot...about what, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hey if I had an ALS giving me written fellatio then I would enjoy coming on the board too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
If you need something to do you can come to my house and babysit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Benny's on 26th in Berwyn
It's been good to have you around, Mac - Yeah, I think all of us who were here about 24 hours ago when the story broke were in the best place we could be to talk about this. I know alot of us are lookin' forward to havin' you back on the air, but until then, have fun just being yet another weird pantsless internet cretin like the rest of us - Oh, and GO CUBS!!!! :eye:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:08 pm 

Spaulding, I enjoy goofs like Gloopy and SID every bit as much as the so-called "ALS." And by the way... that really is a creepy, generalizing title. I think it's quite okay to admire/like somebody or something, without being a kool-aid sipping, no-wrong-doing-seeing, "ALSer." I love the work of the Rolling Stones... Jack Nicholson... many other entertainers. I guess that makes me an ALSer, according to CSFMB parlance. I reject the term.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:09 pm 

hackwilsonsribbies, i now know how difficult is must be for youse guys to get any work done. this place is addictive. i have laundry to fold and veggies to marinade, but here i sit doing nothing but conversing with this fraternity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:10 pm 

Sorry, that was spmack with the crack about ALSers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:12 pm 

Agreed on the Banter. Mac, you've always been good to entice a few of us to think out loud over the years.

The Cutler deal has me skipping in the cube farm today. If I was out, I'd be kissing babies and hugging and handshaking just for pure joy I'm feelin'.

Will he be nicknamed "Cuthead"?

My Butler #6 jersey - I've removed the B, and a C is being sown on tonight.
"How cool is that?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:12 pm 

I'm not real fond of the ALS term either. I make no bones about enjoying listening to you on the radio and because of that sentiment, I will fall on your side of an argument more often than not - it's a region thing. We have had so few "famous" people come from NW Indiana that I think we tend to celebrate our boobs more often than most - Hal Morris, Kenny Lofton, Danny Plesac, Da Ma Ne, etc.

Close brush with greatness - back in the early 90's while working out at Omni 41, had the pleasure of spotting for one Da Ma Ne late at night on the bench press. Queue button 48.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

Last edited by DegenerateDave on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Benny's on 26th in Berwyn
DegenerateDave wrote:
I'm not real fond of the ALS term either. I make no bones about enjoying listening to you on the radio and because of that sentiment, I will fall on your side of an argument more often than not - it's a region thing. We have had so few "famous" people come from NW Indiana that I think we tend to celebrate our boobs more often than most - Hal Morris, Kenny Lofton, Danny Plesac, Da Ma Ne, etc.

Close brush with greatness - back in the early 90's while working out at Omni 41, had the pleasure of spotting for one Da Ma Ne late at night on the bench press. Queue button 41.

pssst - I think it's button 48!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:19 pm 

hackwilson's ribbies wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Close brush with greatness - back in the early 90's while working out at Omni 41, had the pleasure of spotting for one Da Ma Ne late at night on the bench press. Queue button 41.

pssst - I think it's button 48!

DOH - see a few months off the air and I have forgotten all the buttons.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:20 pm 

Dave, if it was early '90s... it wasn't me. That was my Chris Farley Era. Mercy. I cringe when I see photos between '91 and '96. Commitment to annoyance arrived late '96 and I was an early morning Omni regular for several years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:20 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It would be ironic if Button 41 was the "you need to do your job a lot better" drop.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 pm 

Mac wrote:
Dave, if it was early '90s... it wasn't me. That was my Chris Farley Era. Mercy. I cringe when I see photos between '91 and '96. Commitment to annoyance arrived late '96 and I was an early morning Omni regular for several years.

Dan - then you have a twin running around Highland. I didn't even know it was you until a buddy pointed out that you were Dangerous Da Ma Ne from the Chet Coppick show - can't recall what year(s) that involved...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
DegenerateDave wrote:

Cue button 48 I believe, Dave.
:P
Also, can't forget about a Steve Trout.

I think you're right Dave. We're probably a little more biased because of being from Mackey's area and when you know a guy, you tend to root for him.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Mac wrote:
Sorry, that was spmack with the crack about ALSers.

Its cool Mac...I consider myself a member of the Silvy ALS...me and Darren in Tinley Park.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:24 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Cue button 48 I believe, Dave.
:P
Also, can't forget about a Steve Trout.

I think you're right Dave. We're probably a little more biased because of being from Mackey's area and when you know a guy, you tend to root for him.

Ron Kittle too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mac wrote:

OH....GOOD FOR YOU!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:27 pm 

Mac wrote:
hackwilsonsribbies, i now know how difficult is must be for youse guys to get any work done. this place is addictive. i have laundry to fold and veggies to marinade, but here i sit doing nothing but conversing with this fraternity.

I get nothing done on a daily basis because of this place and facebook. I need some intervention.
Fuck Laundry!!! "Can't live with it!!! Can't fold it!!! Can't stand it!!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
While you're sitting around Mac, give the remastered PJ record a spin. I'm more than happy to send you a copy. The remastered Ten is not near as drum happy as the first, and both McCready and Ament are big beneficiaries on a number of tracks.

As excited as I am for Cutler, fuck the Bears. They need to prove it on the field. Besides, its baseball season anyway.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:56 pm 

I don't come around these parts that much anymore, but when the news broke, my first instinct was to "get to the board."

I try not to take sports radio too seriously, but yesterday was the first time that I was really pissed about Mac getting the axe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I was kinda thinking the same way Frank was, not about his love for dick, but its baseball season. I feel like I should be talking about the Cubs bullpen and the starters and If Bradley can stay healthy(he won't and we will miss Derosa greatly). All this Bears talk feels like Im cheating.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:26 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I was kinda thinking the same way Frank was, not about his love for dick, but its baseball season.

Jauron?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

No, Mac's.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Spaulding wrote:
If you need something to do you can come to my house and babysit.

that's what i did yesterday. 7 hours of video game playing and 2 hours of disney xd.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mac wrote:
I think it's quite okay to admire/like somebody or something, without being a kool-aid sipping, no-wrong-doing-seeing, "ALSer."

Well in my personal opinion, Dan Bernstein can do no wrong. And uncle T-Boers is my hero.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:58 pm 

I think Degen Dave has gone beyond ALSer. I think if Mac ever disappears we check for him chained up in DD's basement being forced to do a show 24/7. :lol:

the victory cry of low achievers