It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fukudome
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Benny's on 26th in Berwyn
So the guys had Phil Rogers on (from the Trib, SHARK) a bit ago and he was discussing what the hell the Cubs should do about Fukudome if he continues to look lost and bad at the plate on a daily basis, and Rogers actually thinks that they may exercise their power by asking him to go down to the minors to figure things out and if he declines the assignment, he walks away from his money, making him a free agent. I think the clock is ticking on this guy...

Post subject: Re: Fukudome
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 am 

hackwilson's ribbies wrote:
So the guys had Phil Rogers on (from the Trib, SHARK) a bit ago and he was discussing what the hell the Cubs should do about Fukudome if he continues to look lost and bad at the plate on a daily basis, and Rogers actually thinks that they may exercise their power by asking him to go down to the minors to figure things out and if he declines the assignment, he walks away from his money, making him a free agent. I think the clock is ticking on this guy...

Did you mean he walks away with his money? I am guessing that he would get paid even if he refused an assignment since they would have to release him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:26 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Did you mean he walks away with his money? I am guessing that he would get paid even if he refused an assignment since they would have to release him.

I was thinking the same thing, but Rogers made it sound like Fuk would, in essence, void his contract if he didn't accept the assignment - I'm just happy that we may have a way to get outta this. I think he'll be somewhat receptive to being sent down because of the lack of teams willing to take a chance on him, though

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
he still has his 3 options left. He has to go down if they option him down. I believe refusing an assignment is insubordination and he would in fact void his contract. They could theoretically send him down to the minors for the next 3 years if they wanted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:53 pm 

Murph just said that if he refuses to go to the minors he relinquishes the money.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Fukudome to Triple "A" Iowa if he continues to struggle with the Cubs? FAT CHANCE!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:40 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Fukudome to Triple "A" Iowa if he continues to struggle with the Cubs? FAT CHANCE!

Oh, come on SHARK! I know you remember your last prediction, and how'd that work out for ya? :wink: Just kidding, man - I do think he'll be sent down if he continues to struggle, but it'll probably be after a month of everyone calling for it to happen (even though alot of fans probably feel that this needs to happen now). If Kosuke doesn't comply with the assignment, then the Cubs can get him outta here and free up some money to go out and get someone who can hit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
SHARK wrote:

Oh, come on SHARK! I know you remember your last prediction, and how'd that work out for ya? :wink: Just kidding, man - I do think he'll be sent down if he continues to struggle, but it'll probably be after a month of everyone calling for it to happen (even though alot of fans probably feel that this needs to happen now). If Kosuke doesn't comply with the assignment, then the Cubs can get him outta here and free up some money to go out and get someone who can hit

Touche, Hack... :oops: I'm still eating humble pie because I didn't think the Bears had a snowball's chance in hell of landing Jay Cutler in a trade. :oops: I've been waiting my whole life for a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK in this city, and the more I think about it, the more I like the BOLD MOVE the Bears made with Denver. :D I know the Cubs spent a lot of $$$$ getting Fukudome here to begin with, and they've got little in return to this point. I also thought he wasn't supposed to play centerfield, let alone in a platoon with Reed Johnson... :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
HR Kosuke! Bring back the Fukudome chants and Horry Kow T Shirts!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Very strange. His 2 best games, Game 1 last year and game 2 this year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Um bigfan its game 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Um bigfan its game 3

I'm sure/hope he means...Fukudome's second game

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:26 pm 

would everyone stop telling me to fuck them?