It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
AF3 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Unless Mac wants to accept less money, he's not coming back to Chicago radio until at least September. Besides, I have little confidence in SCORE Management they're willing to spend the $$$$ to get Mac back on its air...

Unlike North, Mac actually brings ad dollars that defray some of his salary. WMVP isn't their competition anymore. They should dominate the male demo in this market w/ Mac aboard.

I'm gonna dominate the male demo, Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

AF3 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Unless Mac wants to accept less money, he's not coming back to Chicago radio until at least September. Besides, I have little confidence in SCORE Management they're willing to spend the $$$$ to get Mac back on its air...

Unlike North, Mac actually brings ad dollars that defray some of his salary. WMVP isn't their competition anymore. They should dominate the male demo in this market w/ Mac aboard.

MVP is beating them in the ratings. So who is their competition? The Gospel station?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

the monthly reports on the PPM's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Mac will return on june first, he will open the show by playing back in the saddle again, and the first show they will play will be 'what's in the vending machine?' Thank you, I will take my Allan bros prize in advance :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:55 pm 

crosscheck, you must have tapped my phone. very funny. i loved "what's in the vending machine?" both editions of it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Mac wrote:
crosscheck, you must have tapped my phone. very funny. i loved "what's in the vending machine?" both editions of it.

Sorry Mac, that's about the only thing that keeps me from being an official DaMaNa ALS member. :wink:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Mac wrote:

Sorry Mac, that's about the only thing that keeps me from being an official DaMaNa ALS member. :wink:

The fact that you know the segment...and commented on it...makes you official

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The only time I heard any vending machine talk was when THE SWIRSK was ready to THROW DOWN and WALK OUT, unless someone gets some God Damn Cherry Coke in the machine!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Roadhouse in Sublette
May 11 at 0600. "On Frozen Pond" will be replayed in it's entirety during the first show of "Mac In The Morning" on WSCR.

http://thepeoplescube.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 am 

May 18, 2009

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
The same day a station's ratings get better, and their station is more entertaining.

[size=150][b]
Chicago Sports Radio really misses Danny.
The "edge" he brings is shared by White Sox, Hawks and a lot of Bears fans.
The only guys other than Mac with the 'Don't bore me to death with syrupy Hooterville Bullshit' are Boers and Bernstein.
Jurko is tremendous for cutting through the bullshit, but he lacks the non diplomatic approach to handle mopes and morons that Mac was born with!!!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
SHARK wrote:
Stuttering John Melendez

Ted, let me ask you this, did you ever accidentally F-F-F-F-F-F-Fart in the catcher's face ?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:47 pm 

"pamaler anderson! niggerless cage!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Mac's return can't come fast enough! Hey Chunga, I mean SCORE Program Director Mitch Rosen & V.P. & General Manager Paul Agase, what the hell are you waiting for? "Hamp & Holmes" are a train wreck, "Murph" is awful, and if needed, move "Boers & Bernstein" back to middays...GET MAC SIGNED ALREADY!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

6-9

Sorry, still thinking about the French Wheel of Fortune contestant.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:50 pm 

July 7th for my birthday.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 pm 

cubbiegirlshamus wrote:

Dad?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:59 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
cubbiegirlshamus wrote:

Dad?

It depends. When you go upstairs, turn the corner at the top of the steps. Is cubbiegirlshamu there, sitting at the kitchen table? If so, then yes, that's your dad.
:wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
SHARK wrote:

I concur.

There couldn't be a worse time to be looking.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
fwiw:
i overheard some ESPN folk last Friday say "Everyone knows it's going to be the Score"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:56 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I concur.

There couldn't be a worse time to be looking.

As much as I would like SCORE management to sign Mac right here, right now, I'll keep saying this until I'm literally blue in the face...This country is still very much in a recession, and it may be a lot longer than Mac thinks before 670 AM or any other radio station decides to hire anyone. I just hope Mac enjoys what he's doing right now once a week for the Sun-Times and suntimes.com, because that's the only place he's going to be working for quite sometime. That's the harsh reality of it...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
SHARK wrote:
As much as I would like SCORE management to sign Mac right here, right now, I'll keep saying this until I'm literally blue in the face...This country is still very much in a recession, and it may be a lot longer than Mac thinks before 670 AM or any other radio station decides to hire anyone. I just hope Mac enjoys what he's doing right now once a week for the Sun-Times and suntimes.com, because that's the only place he's going to be working for quite sometime. That's the harsh reality of it...

Are you sure you want to go there Mr. Jay-Cutler-is-never-coming-to-Chicago? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:10 pm 

spanky wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
cubbiegirlshamus wrote:

Dad?

It depends. When you go upstairs, turn the corner at the top of the steps. Is cubbiegirlshamu there, sitting at the kitchen table? If so, then yes, that's your dad.
:wink:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
=-=-=-=-=-=-===-=-=-=-=-
So what happens when you are wrong? You can't keep making hard statements like this when you don't get them right.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Yeah SHARK is just about as right as Terry's peeps.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 pm 

Killer V wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Are you sure you want to go there Mr. Jay-Cutler-is-never-coming-to-Chicago? :wink:
Killer V, CBS made cutbacks last week, both at 670 The SCORE with the end of Doug Buffone & Ed O'Bradovich, and at CBS2 with Howard Sudberry, Bill Zwecker & Joanie Lum all get their walking papers...Besides, do you have any confidence in V.P. & General Manager Paul Agase & Program Director Mitch Rosen? I have more confidence now in Eugene Levy, I mean Bears' GM Jerry Angelo, after the Cutler trade with Denver than I have SCORE management signing Mac in this recession...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:19 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I have more confidence now in Eugene Levy, I mean Bears' GM Jerry Angelo...

I was waiting for one of those, SHARK. And there it is! :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
SHARK wrote:
Killer V wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Killer V, CBS made cutbacks last week, both at 670 The SCORE with the end of Doug Buffone & Ed O'Bradovich, and at CBS2 with Howard Sudberry, Bill Zwecker & Joanie Lum all get their walking papers...Besides, do you have any confidence in V.P. & General Manager Paul Agase & Program Director Mitch Rosen? I have more confidence now in Eugene Levy, I mean Bears' GM Jerry Angelo, after the Cutler trade with Denver than I have SCORE management signing Mac in this recession...

Plus, who are they bidding against? Webbio? Gimme a break. The Score is the only game in town, and they know it. Mackeyfish doesn't see any more than 150k, tops.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:16 pm 

I can picture Mac reuniting with Pappy, Jiggs, Fred, Jonathan or even Chet on that new ChicagoSportsWebio.com if Mitch & Paul try to lowball Mac with an insulting offer from the SCORE...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
... Which is why I'm going to sit back & watch. I see yours' and Sharks' point, and all we can do is sit back and bask as this thing slowly comes together.

But consider: Mac can sign to somewhere short term, and wait the situation out. And an afternoon gig with Chet might be weird enough for all to want to see...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next