It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:35 am 

These guys are stooping to the Mike North level and complaining it's too hard to find the Versus Network, where the Hawks game is tonight, and have done multiple reads of a list giving the channel number in various areas.

Why is it so hard for people to find this channel over any other channel? I thought it was just North being too stupid to know how to operate his cable or satellite system ("Hey, Bee, break away from dat work yer doin' fer one of dem 200 charities we's involved wit an' get da hell over here and work dis remote fer me!"), but so many people seem to go crazy when they hear the game is on Versus.

Don't you have an on-screen channel guide? A search function, a list of channels from your service provider, anything? What makes this particular channel so elusive? Does it move around in the dead of night without them telling anyone? It doesn't on my system. For god's sake, this sounds like the old days of the Wally Phillips show where he'd give people directions to Milwaukee over the air.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
wally phillips would still kill these guys in the ratings. "dead" air.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:47 am 

Being on the road for work all the time, it's damned near impossible to find in hotels. I can watch every game of the NBA playoffs, but in order to keep up on the NHL playoffs I need to rely on the webcasts of the games. It just isn't the same. Vs. is not on the same level as TNT, TBS, ESPN. It's a small network that isn't carried everywhere.

When I'm home? It's not terribly hard to find.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Sam in Hoffman wrote:
Being on the road for work all the time, it's damned near impossible to find in hotels. I can watch every game of the NBA playoffs, but in order to keep up on the NHL playoffs I need to rely on the webcasts of the games. It just isn't the same. Vs. is not on the same level as TNT, TBS, ESPN. It's a small network that isn't carried everywhere.

Ask at the desk? Or is the problem that the hotels don't have it at all?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
For me, because I have DIRECTV, Versus is easy for me to find, Channel 603. For many cable customers however, Versus is like NFL Network, DIRECTV 212, or Big Ten Network, DIRECTV 610. In plain English, just because I have these channels doesn't mean everyone who has cable has this channel that's become synonymous with the NHL, Tour de France, plus Bull Riding, College Football & something called WEC, which I think is a variation of the mixed martial arts...

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 pm 

So look at your on-air channel guide, find VS, and punch in the number. If it's not there, you don't get it. If it is, enjoy the game. Geez, this isn't rocket science. I'm hardly the most techno-savvy guy out there and I don't understand why it's such a big deal to determine (a) where a given channel is and (b) if I get it. It makes no difference if it's ABC, ESPN, Home & Garden TV, or a bull-riding channel. The procedure is the same.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:44 pm 

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
So look at your on-air channel guide, find VS, and punch in the number. If it's not there, you don't get it. If it is, enjoy the game. Geez, this isn't rocket science. I'm hardly the most techno-savvy guy out there and I don't understand why it's such a big deal to determine (a) where a given channel is and (b) if I get it. It makes no difference if it's ABC, ESPN, Home & Garden TV, or a bull-riding channel. The procedure is the same.

:thumleft: :thumright:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:05 pm 

I have WOW (Wide Open West) and they do not carry Versus - it's terrible. I have to go to a buddy's house or to a bar to watch - Comcast is expensive and dish carriers have not perfected the feed.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:16 pm 

Johnny Chimpo wrote:
Sam in Hoffman wrote:

Ask at the desk? Or is the problem that the hotels don't have it at all?

They just don't have the channel. On hockey nights, I'd gladly trade one of the three thousand news channels for Versus.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:23 pm 

Let me restate/clarify my original point so people don't think I'm mocking them: If you HAVE Versus, is it that hard to find it? If you DON'T have it, is it that hard to figure that out? If you're in a hotel somewhere and don't know or have a cable package that doesn't include it, is M&H reading lists of channel numbers as to where to find it locally going to do you one damn bit of good?

Go Hawks.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

I have no idea why, but every time I've tried finding it to watch playoff games this year it's been a complete pain in the ass. And I'm too stupid and lazy to just memorize the damn channel. It's not that hard I just make it that hard.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:09 pm 

If you were committed to the Indian, you would memorize it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
No Versus down here South of the Border, at least not with my cable package.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
200 charities gets funnier everytime. is it 200 or "OVER" 200?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:13 am 

I could never understand why so many people have still not mastered the art of using a remote control. I know a lot of people who never figured out how to program a VCR. Some that could not even set the clock. It drives we crazy when I'm watching a sporting event and have the crawler telling viewers how to find a different game. This happens all the time when the Sox and Cubs are both on Comcast. Finding Comcast+ is not like splitting the atom. When you find it, put it in your favorites. My bad, if you can't find a channel, I'm sure using the favorites function is not an option.