It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wow. Awkward.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Since Mike and Mike were talking about the excitement of "Eat What You Want Day", I decided to stop on over to 670. That was the one of the more awkward hours of radio I have heard from this show. Did I miss something in the relationship between Mully and ZZ? I could be completely mis-interpreting but it sounded like Mully was about a second away from punching Zach in the throat. Im assuming Mully also was taking a shot at people who were saying he was suspended by mentioning that Handley was "on vacation, or maybe he is suspended, I dont know". Anyways, I'm going back to music again in the mornings, I cant take either of those morning shows. I miss Mike North and Im glad you all got your wish.

Post subject: Re: Wow. Awkward.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Just about to post the same thing. And granted, of course it takes time to get used to each other, but the first hour was terrible. They were talking all over each other and messing up each other's train of thought. Brutal.

Mully did say Hanley was on a well-deserved vacation.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
zach has no people skills whatsoever. he argues with every minor point. mully ought to clock him.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:37 am 

I listened on my way to work and you guys are right on with your assessment. Mully was just plain weird & incoherent. The interaction with ZZ was all over the board with many loose "trains of thought".

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:39 am 

Not to mention this show blows and both guys are terrible

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:02 am 

Sounded brutal to me also, can't do M&M anymore, and switched over to 670 for the morning drive. Is Hanley gone? Does anyone know the real deal. Sorry if I missed something on this but Mully kept saying the vacation or suspended thing. Please advise. THX

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Zaidman seems incapable of co-hosting a show without completely alienating his partner. The Rotisserie Chicken sounded like he wanted to strangle the ginger-haired genital wart on yesterday's Hit & Run. It seems unlikely that Schuster and Zaidman will be able to last the season together.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Puckhead wrote:
Anyways, I'm going back to music again in the mornings, I cant take either of those morning shows.

Sad as this may sound, I listen to NPR now. It is that bad.

M&M, wow they are boring. Last time I listened to them, they were still doing arguing about "best of" lists.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
real awkward when ZZ was making fun of mully for saying orel hershiser was one of the dodger greats.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:10 am 

I agree.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Tall Midget wrote:
Zaidman seems incapable of co-hosting a show without completely alienating his partner. The Rotisserie Chicken sounded like he wanted to strangle the ginger-haired genital wart on yesterday's Hit & Run. It seems unlikely that Schuster and Zaidman will be able to last the season together.

David's far too genial for that to happen...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
City of Fools wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

David's far too genial for that to happen...

He didn't sound too genial for several parts of the show yesterday...although he did seem to make a transition from hostile to merely dismissive as the conversation progressed.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: salernos
After I turned the radio on this morning and heard both Mully's and Zaidman's voices I immediately tuned into 1000. Damn...commercial break. That's when I heard Zaidman berating Mully about his Orel Hershiser claim. It wasn't really that far fetched Zac.

I think Zaidman's biggest downfall is his separation from what the fans really think and feel. I listened to Hit & Run for a few minutes the other day and Zaidman was arguing against Schuster's claim that Sox fans care about the future...we just want to win now. Zac, you are clueless as to what Sox fans care about...of course we care about the future…and we also want our team to win…year after year. Zaidman then went on to say that baseball fans do not care about steroid allegations any more - they just want their team to win. Zac, baseball fans do care that historical records are being broken by players that we are now learning are juiced.

Literally, the Score put their worst 2 on-air personalities together this morning. How awful.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Well, get used to it the rest of the week. Brian Hanley is on vacation, and unless Mike Mulligan wants to bring in his FOX 32 (or should I say FOX Chicago) colleague Corey McPherrin into the studio, I think Zach is pinch hitting. Zach mentioned something about being uncomfortable shaking hands with people, especially in the wake of all the news about swine flu going around. That also sounded awkward...If you've ever seen "Deal or No Deal" with host Howie Mandel, he's made no secret of being afraid of germs. He doesn't shake hands with any of his contestants, let alone those 26 briefcase-holding models of his...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
JAWS wrote:
ZZ is brutal to listen to, whether solo or with someone else. It's obvious Mully would rather have about anyone else filling in (and I don't blame him). If you recall, during the NFL season, Zach did the 'Bears Report' for the morning show, and by the end of the season it was getting obvious Mully agreed with very little that ZZ had to say about the Bears (particularly when Zach was in full Bears ass-licking mode). Uncomfortable radio to say the least.

I remember even Mike North getting pissed at Zac once on the radio. North always seemed to be in good humor on the air but even Zac set him off once. Forgot about what,though. Zac sounds like a guy who is constantly squeezing his balls,HARD. A weird voice,to say the least.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:20 pm 

Greenie isn't that far from ZZ and I actually think ZZ would work with Hampton-like guy.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:37 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Greenie isn't that far from ZZ and I actually think ZZ would work with Hampton-like guy.

BigFan, it seems hard to believe, but Zach, Laurence & Matt Abbatacola woke up Chicago sports fans Saturday mornings a couple years ago on The SCORE. That was before Brian "The Whipping Boy" Paruch got the wake up call...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:51 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Double hawk awkward?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:54 am 

At sign-off today, Mully said something to ZZ like, "There's a perception out there that we don't like each other" and they made some jokes and said it isn't true.

Hmmm, wonder where Mr. Mulligan is getting such information.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
I think the edginess is kinda fun. But they should definitely stop talking over each other.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:35 am 

Hopefully it won't be awkward tomorrow. That's because Corey McPherrin from FOX32 joins "Mully", while ZZ rejoins the morning show again Thursday & Friday. An Odd Couple? Maybe...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:37 pm 

If Mully doesnt want there to be that perception, then he should start acting like its apparently obvious. Zach started into discussing Kippersoff and Luongo when Mully suddenly said "Thats enough of that" and cut it off to commercial break. Right. Im going to start feeling like RodeoVann here listening just to comment about it on the board.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:06 pm 

Zach is a reporter and every time they give him 4 hours on the air, he proves me right. Zach might be nice guy, but he over thinks little thing and misses the huge things.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mully has had some great lines to ZZ.....ZZ was talking about when bench players are put in the starting lineup and you see why they are bench players. Mully responded with something like "you are proof of that".

There has been some very funny moments and I also like that they genuinely disagree with each other.

But then again, I'm a charter Mully and Hanley ALS member.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Damn I didn't think there were even ANY ALS members for this show. And I think it's okay and listen sometimes but can't remember any big fans of it on this board. Maybe those posts are as forgettable to me as the show though :D

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Zach Z. is in the wrong line of work. He is ok as a play by play Man, but as a radio show host he is a complete jagoff. He is just a ounger Dan Bernstien...arrogant and constantly combative with the listeners. Zach sounds and acts like a paid Chicago Bears employee when he does the Bears shows...just awful.
ZZ...annother lousy Mitch Rosen hire!

John

Hatchetman wrote:
zach has no people skills whatsoever. he argues with every minor point. mully ought to clock him.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:59 pm 

Quote:
annother lousy Mitch Rosen hire!

Zach is a reporter who fill in, what do u expect? Mitch has made some bad moves, but getting north out of there was the right move and whining that jesse, george and Fred are gone, who cares, all nice guys, but they didnt make the station and the fact if they are there or not, its not going to impact the station.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Zach Z comes across as a tool...not a nice guy.

RodeoVann wrote:
Zach is a reporter and every time they give him 4 hours on the air, he proves me right. Zach might be nice guy, but he over thinks little thing and misses the huge things.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:04 am 

Show was actually somewhat enjoyable with Corey filling in. By the way, Denis Savard is the WORST INTERVIEWEE EVER. Mully asked some good solid questions and I swear it sounded like W_Z's Huge Show Tim McCarver interview.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:07 pm 

Puckhead wrote:
Show was actually somewhat enjoyable with Corey filling in. By the way, Denis Savard is the WORST INTERVIEWEE EVER. Mully asked some good solid questions and I swear it sounded like W_Z's Huge Show Tim McCarver interview.

Puckhead, I think it's safe to say FOX 32's Corey McPherrin is a...FRIEND OF THE PROGRAM! :lol: