It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
spmack wrote:
Goff told everyone last night he's going to be the producer on the Danny Mac show...I hope Mac lets him do the "drive bys"..

That should make for some interesting crosstalks with Goff Mac and Mystery Partner and Drinky Terry and Dan.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
I know busting balls goes with the territory in sports talk radio, but it got old. We get it. You don't like the guy. Work with people you do like and respect, Mac. If the rumors about Spiegel are true, that's a step in the right direction.

I half heartedly agree with that. Like and respect yes but the danger there is I don't want to hear him paired with a buddy/ass kisser type either. You need someone to push you, not be complacent with. I don't know anything about the one you guys call Meatpants so I don't have an opinion on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: sausage
Matt Spiegel will be his partner. McNeil wants someone he can control.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 pm 

spadaesq wrote:

Spada , I assume you think this is a bad thing? Ironic, that you support Mike North who only hired people he has full 100% control over and had/has a history firing guys that did not fall in line with his terrible ideas.

On the contrary I think Mac is not looking for control. He wants someone that can bring something to the table most importantly, as the point is ratings and someone that can help produce that is the point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: sausage
Mitch has wanted McNeil for years. If McNeil does not beat Waddle and Silvy then Mitch will be looking for a new job.
Mitch micromanages all the shows and if he trys this with McNeil I predict McNeil will make life miserable for everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

FYI wrote:
spadaesq wrote:

Spada , I assume you think this is a bad thing? Ironic, that you support Mike North who only hired people he has full 100% control over and had/has a history firing guys that did not fall in line with his terrible ideas.

On the contrary I think Mac is not looking for control. He wants someone that can bring something to the table most importantly, as the point is ratings and someone that can help produce that is the point.

Exactly. Especially after babysitting Harry constantly in production meetings and on air for what 7 years, he wants somebody who is going to contribute on a useful level. I've seen no evidence that Mac would even want to do a solo type show where he was the main/only voice. He'll probably have a rotation of guys for awhile until Jurko comes on board and then have a strong producer who will chime in giving it a pseudo 3-man booth feel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
hawkeye wrote:
Exactly. Especially after babysitting Harry constantly in production meetings and on air for what 7 years, he wants somebody who is going to contribute on a useful level. I've seen no evidence that Mac would even want to do a solo type show where he was the main/only voice. He'll probably have a rotation of guys for awhile until Jurko comes on board and then have a strong producer who will chime in giving it a pseudo 3-man booth feel.

If he wanted someone who would contribute, why would he want Jurko back? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:30 pm 

Puckhead wrote:
24_Guy wrote:
Puckhead wrote:
I hear Anne Maxfield is available.

In what capacity?

FDAU.

And North isn't interested? :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:27 pm 

spmack wrote:
Goff told everyone last night he's going to be the producer on the Danny Mac show...I hope Mac lets him do the "drive bys"..

So not that it matters but what happens to guys like Zawaski?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:30 am 

Let’s not try another three man booth.

ABC has had the most success with it for football broadcasts, and that has been limited. Since Frank, Howard, and Dandy Don, they’ve been unable to repeat that success and unable to relinquish their attempts at doing so. It barely works with TV and doesn’t work with radio.

Sadly, the problem—as exemplified by MJH—is that you’re likely to get a 2-on-1 situation in a discussion. That wouldn’t be so bad except when either one host doesn’t want to be on the short side of the numbers or one host seemingly is always on the short side. Part of what had moved me away from MJH was the constant Harry bashing (no, I’m not a fan of him professionally) and the impression that Mac didn’t want to be on the wrong end of the discussion.

I’d like Mac to go in a new and fresh direction, retreading Jurko (a prince of a guy) would not be that vehicle. The producer popping in with the occasional comments works, so long as the comments are occasional, or more concentrated towards the end of the show (like Goff with B&B).

Mac should get a host that can contribute to the production of the show, that he is comfortable with, but also one that can hold his own in formulating and expressing an opinion. A good partner would make the third voice from a producer that more significant while not critically necessary or obligatory.