It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wish List for new show
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Since this new show with Danny Mac is starting Monday - I think it starts Monday at 9 AM - it's a shame the Score hasn't promoted this very much - anyway, I digress, I thought I would put together a thread where we tell Dan and Meatpants some things we would like to see on the new show. I am sure that this has been done before, but thought it might be good to recap or reiterate close to the start date. I'll give a few.

1) One thing I liked about MJH was that they took the vehicle off the road for some non-sports talk when nothing of significance was going on in Chicago sports. Man talk - music, movies, grilling, etc. - I always enjoyed these segments.

2) Less meatballery - I know the temptation in the morning will be to do some "bits" or some type of shenanigans, but I am hoping that portion of the show died with Harry the Horse. A few song parodies - ok. But total meatballness as Hawk would say, NO.

3) Edge - I want Mac and Meatpants to come out of the gate firing at the competition and the old station. All of that stored up anger and frustration should come to the surface. Let us all know how you truly feel about Harry, the possibility of Jurko coming over (remote I think), etc.

That's a start. Feel free to add...

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
DegenerateDave wrote:
Since this new show with Danny Mac is starting Monday - I think it starts Monday at 9 AM - it's a shame the Score hasn't promoted this very much - anyway, I digress, I thought I would put together a thread where we tell Dan and Meatpants some things we would like to see on the new show. I am sure that this has been done before, but thought it might be good to recap or reiterate close to the start date. I'll give a few.

1) One thing I liked about MJH was that they took the vehicle off the road for some non-sports talk when nothing of significance was going on in Chicago sports. Man talk - music, movies, grilling, etc. - I always enjoyed these segments.

2) Less meatballery - I know the temptation in the morning will be to do some "bits" or some type of shenanigans, but I am hoping that portion of the show died with Harry the Horse. A few song parodies - ok. But total meatballness as Hawk would say, NO.

3) Edge - I want Mac and Meatpants to come out of the gate firing at the competition and the old station. All of that stored up anger and frustration should come to the surface. Let us all know how you truly feel about Harry, the possibility of Jurko coming over (remote I think), etc.

That's a start. Feel free to add...

How about a "Vagina Alert" where they talk about hot girls in the news?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
the only thing i can think of is NO TRIVIA CONTESTS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
An occasional Lake County remote for us northerners and Canadians.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:09 am 

instead of "WHATS IN THE VENDING MACHINE"

how about whats in my pocket

much more intriguing :drunken:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
How about some bumper music from this decade?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:13 pm 

mel junior wrote:
How about some bumper music from this decade?

How about from this CENTURY!!!

...or better yet: THIS MILLENNIUM!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:21 pm 

Having spend 20 hours on the 6th floor of The Marion Brooks Center the past two days... lemme tell ya about "What's In The Vending Machine?" What an awesome choice of options. The Score's vending machines -- and I used the plural there for a reason -- are second to none. We could do that legendary segment every day for six months if we wanted.

As for bumper music.... I think you'll notice a marked difference. Bumper music never made nor injured a sports talk show, but those of you who are music lovers will notice a difference. You'll get a smattering of the old, but much, much more. I got Meatpants with me (not to mention two other music freaks on board) so buckle up for all kinds of tunage. As long as it has energy and rhythm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Too Bad Goff couldn't have used his Hip Hop and R&B influence on an old fart like you. He would had you listening to Power 92 in no time!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Caligula's Stuffed Sausage
if it's anywhere near as scintillating as those sun-times columns, it will be a stone cold treat!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:32 pm 

spmack, i love r&b. it just doesn't translate well to bumper music... which should have energy, without being a distraction. shit, the stones and zep both were influenced heavily by r&b cats like howling wolf, bb king, muddy, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 pm 

Mac wrote:
spmack, i love r&b. it just doesn't translate well to bumper music... which should have energy, without being a distraction. shit, the stones and zep both were influenced heavily by r&b cats like howling wolf, bb king, muddy, etc.

What about KoKo Taylor?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
James Brown, Al Green, Booker T and the MGs?????????
Or some Rap now that will get you up and out of your seat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I think that also explains why you never had the Beatles as "Featured Artist" music going in and out of commercial breaks Fridays on your old show. While John, Paul, George & Ringo made some great music back during the British Invasion of the '60s, many of their songs had lyrics from the very start of the track. Not to go Terri Hemmert on you...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:44 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I think that also explains why you never had the Beatles as "Featured Artist" music going in and out of commercial breaks Fridays on your old show. While John, Paul, George & Ringo made some great music back during the British Invasion of the '60s, many of their songs had lyrics from the very start of the track. Not to go Terri Hemmert on you...

That is one scary looking guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Mac, can we expect you to bring the 311 soundtrack along with you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:45 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Not to go Terri Hemmert on you...

I was going to make a joke,but I like Terri and her Beatles show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:45 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
SHARK wrote:

That is one scary looking guy.

Factually speaking, Terri Hemmert is a woman. She's been a fixture on 93XRT for some 3 decades and is considered this city's authority on the Beatles.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:46 pm 

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm 

Quote:
Factually speaking, Terri Hemmert is a woman. She's been a fixture on 93XRT for some 3 decades and is considered this city's authority on the Beatles.

Stop fucking with me like that no way that is a woman. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 pm 

SHARK wrote:

Shark - Are you sure about that? I know I am damning myself to the Gods by questioning your knowledge of all things trivia, but I could swear that I remember the Beatles being featured at least once...

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 pm 

I think they should have a weekly segment with SHARK. Let him bring some attitude and bite to the show!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I think they should have a weekly segment with SHARK. Let him bring some attitude and bite to the show!

One of the coolest things about the show I liked was when they brought in Ed from Lisle to do some shows while the guys were out. I think that would be such a cool thing to have a CFSMB member on the air again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Shark - Are you sure about that? I know I am damning myself to the Gods by questioning your knowledge of all things trivia, but I could swear that I remember the Beatles being featured at least once...

When Mac was at ESPN Radio, NOT once were the Beatles featured, or classic Eric Clapton.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:02 pm 

SHARK wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
SHARK wrote:

When Mac was at ESPN Radio, NOT once were the Beatles featured, or classic Eric Clapton.

Alright - Shark has spoken. I stand corrected...

AND WITH BITE!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:05 pm 

i think we did the beatles once. not enough beds. enjoy 'em and i think anybody who doesn't recognize their significance is dillusional.... but they're just not "beddy." same with the beach boys. we did the beach boys once to try to paint a so cal theme on the friday of game 3 in anaheim (you remember... konerko puts his signature on it early with a bomb?)... but they commence to the singin at :03 most of the time. almost invariably.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:55 pm 

Actually, I do remember when the Beach Boys were supposed to a "Featured Artist Friday" during the 2005 A.L. Championship Series in Anaheim, but I believe the beds as you're referring were so short, it immediately got the hook in favor of another band. Unfortunately, I don't remember who was substituted... :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Armand's, 7400 w Grand in Elmwood Park.
Keep the input coming people, we're right here for you.

Our music is going to be awesome. Mac is pushing the boundaries on the old stuff...we'll have deep cuts from the icons like Zep, Stones, ACDC, Aerosmith. And, we'll have a ton of new stuff...descendants of his archetypal favorites, like Wolfmother, White Stripes, Rage against the Machine, QOTSA, and more.

Plus, your ears will be open to a ton of great indie rock and alt rock from this decade that sounds hot to bring us in...we'll post what we play on the website every day.

The most musical, lovingly produced show in town, period, from day one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Meatpants, also try to throw in some STP, Queen, Nirvana, Bowie, Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Lots of choices out there, so mix it up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Can there be a save the music Friday show or whatever day. kudos to anyone that gets the reference.