It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: the first day
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
This post was made by shakes who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
shakes wrote:
Cairo responds with some unfunny joke.

That pretty much sums up my existence on this board Shakes.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:15 pm 

shakes wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out what ALS means so I'm a little behind on all the inside jokes/sayings around here.

Arnold. Lewis. Schwarzenegger.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:
Jalapenos and More wrote:
The Bulls were very fortunate to win the Finals in '93 and even more in '98. Without the no-call on Jordan, they would've played Game 7 in Utah with Scottie Pippen not nearly at 100%.

Congrats in advance on winning this week's Douchebag of the Week award, its well earned with this post.

And in case you didn't understand what I just said, which is entirely possible given how stupid someone has to be to write what you wrote, I'm saying that you're a complete fucken moron.

Have a rough weekend there buddy? You seem a little overly pissed off. I dont see how what he said was DBag worthy, its his opinion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
shakes wrote:
Cairo responds with some unfunny joke.

That pretty much sums up my existence on this board Shakes.

Well good, that means that at least I'm figuring out how some stuff works around here.

By this time next week I may even be able to tell you what ALS stands for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm 

MAC never wins a ratings war without Doug in EP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: Hopson? Did he even win a title?

Hopson was on the '91 team.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:19 pm 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: Hopson? Did he even win a title?

Hopson was on the '91 team.

Yeah I looked it up. I thought he was done before the title run.

Just sounded funny to me to hear his name referenced, have not thought about him in a long time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Jalapenos and More wrote:
The Bulls were very fortunate to win the Finals in '93 and even more in '98. Without the no-call on Jordan, they would've played Game 7 in Utah with Scottie Pippen not nearly at 100%.

Congrats in advance on winning this week's Douchebag of the Week award, its well earned with this post.

And in case you didn't understand what I just said, which is entirely possible given how stupid someone has to be to write what you wrote, I'm saying that you're a complete fucken moron.

Have a rough weekend there buddy? You seem a little overly pissed off. I dont see how what he said was DBag worthy, its his opinion.

Anyone who expresses the opinion that the Bulls were lucky to win two of their titles is a dbag through and through. And an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

What does that mean?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
shakes wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I can answer the "who is better" question with anothe question: Who has lost an NBA Finals? Once Jordan got to the top, nobody beat him.

I remember Da Boo losing to an up-and-coming Orlando Magic team in 1995 and Michael Jordan dribbling the ball off his leg every chance he got.

Really, you remember that? I have a hard time believing you remember that. Because, if you really remembered that you would also remember that was the year MJ came back half way through the season and clearly wasn't in his best basketball shape througout his brief season and in the playoffs. All MJ proved that year is that even the greatest player of all time can't take a year and a half off and then hop back into the NBA halfway through a season and pick up like he never left. BTW, how'd he do the very next season after he had all off season and a full season of basketball? I seem to remember a dominating sweep of that same Orlando team.

In other words, you fail.

There is no doubt though that Penny Hardaway torched them. I really thought at that point he was going to be one of the greatest players ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:29 pm 

Bagels wrote:
There is no doubt though that Penny Hardaway torched them. I really thought at that point he was going to be one of the greatest players ever.

Yeah, Penny in his prime was a sight to behold. Damn knee injuries...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:30 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What does that mean?

Nothing. Just dragging out a reference I made to Kobe never winning a title without Phil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:25 pm 

Bagels wrote:

I just remember his post up game being unstoppable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The best thing about Penny was the 'Lil Penny" doll

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23681295@N00/158091154/

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

the worst thing about Penny was skinny white dudes wearing his jersey...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:30 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I remember him as a tough ass kid from chicago

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:31 pm 

what about the miniature balck guys?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

what about the miniature balck guys?

that was back when tyra was actually desirable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:36 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

No, the tough one was his mom on the payroll :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:38 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You mean the lady with the nice lawn?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Danny Mac & Matt Spiegel sounded very good on their first show since signing back on the SCORE. It sounded as if Mac & Spiegel had a blast on their first midday show... Mac did mention his former employers, and maintained that it was time to leave the other station following that Friday show in January. I also heard the "Welcome Mac" parody of the classic "Welcome Back, Kotter" theme on a couple occasions...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You mean the lady with the nice lawn?

Why yes... but Ma Hardaway(?) also got a nice bump from lil' Penny's brief matriculation at Memphis State as well IIRC :lol:

...Now, back to the Radio Saviour :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
The show was clearly rough, but most March 30 games are rough too, and for the same reason. They played off the first hour's ackwardness well. There was more sports talk than we're used to with MJH which was nice. Glad to hear the fart jokes sound like a thing of the past.
You guys sounded great, your chemistry has potential. Had a good chuckle at the Harry voice that broke out there. Nyaa!
Could have done without the goofball transitions or crosstalk or whatever it's called. But I understand the appeal. It's just weird thought, you were on with Boers and I don't know. Today's came off as weird/creepy with a pinch of "what are they laughing at" and a dash of "how long will this last".
mac, I have to say you've done well over the last several years with that boat anchor you had to work with. I'm not saying which but I will say that his name starts with H and rhymes with Mary, fairy, scary. This broadcast had a much more professional air to it than what you got up the dial.
pretty commercially. But that's score. Boner pills, heavenly bodies, get rich quick, and DUI attorneys... oh yeah and Wacky waving inflatable tube man! Oh yeah! But lord. The commercials.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Michael Jordan (.202) > Gordon Beckham (.114)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 pm 

what i got to listen to between 12-1 was pretty good. really nice to hear mac's voice on the air again. spiegel needs to just take it down a notch but i think the two will mesh well together very rapidly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:41 pm 

Liked the pace of the show and the ability to discuss national topics. Show should really take off when they reach football season. Will "Around the NFL" return? Seems plausible given the extended time slot. The lighter approach is much appreciated and much needed. Day one was better than anything Hamp & Holmes ever did. Looking forward to actual college football talk on the Score.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's on 95th and California. It is better than your favorite Pizza.
Hey Everybody. First off, thanks for being there and listening to our first show. Obviously, we had a few kinks here and there, but they WILL get better. I expect the show to be 100% better tomorrow. Let me say how exciting it is to be part of this. The mood around the station is so positive...energetic. Everyone is GETTING ALONG and in it together. I think the show today was pretty damn solid. What strikes me about Mac and Spiegs is their immediate chemistry. This is going to be a fun run, and I'm thrilled to be part of it. I met Dave Miska for the first time FRIDAY, and he and I already have a chemistry together as well. It's just such an exciting time. We all welcome your feedback. Thanks again for being there, and caring enough to post either way.

Jay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Jay Zawaski wrote:
Hey Everybody. First off, thanks for being there and listening to our first show. We all welcome your feedback. Jay

Thanks for visiting us. Some of us are interested in the technical side of things.

For example, when queueing commercials back to back to back to back to back to back to back--do you have discretion as to which commercials to play when? Are some radio ads mixed louder than others and you have to adjust the levels?

Are there rules to the order, like "don't do 2 food spots in a row"? I noticed that today when this sequence happened, and this was only the first half of a commercial not-break-but-segment:

comcast/hub 51/great clips/some st louis joint/laser eye surgery/IHOP/jiffy lube/crosstown classic/chicago backflow (?)/joe's crab shack product placement.

When Macky Dan and Matty Speegs break in for 60 seconds during a marathon commercial segment, is that just to give you guys a breather so you can queue up more commercials? But then Speegs spent 59 of those 60 seconds talking about Joe's Crab Shack and their delicious food, so that was pretty slick programming. Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's on 95th and California. It is better than your favorite Pizza.
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Jay Zawaski wrote:
Hey Everybody. First off, thanks for being there and listening to our first show. We all welcome your feedback. Jay

Thanks for visiting us. Some of us are interested in the technical side of things.

For example, when queueing commercials back to back to back to back to back to back to back--do you have discretion as to which commercials to play when? Are some radio ads mixed louder than others and you have to adjust the levels?

Are there rules to the order, like "don't do 2 food spots in a row"? I noticed that today when this sequence happened, and this was only the first half of a commercial not-break-but-segment:

comcast/hub 51/great clips/some st louis joint/laser eye surgery/IHOP/jiffy lube/crosstown classic/chicago backflow (?)/joe's crab shack product placement.

When Macky Dan and Matty Speegs break in for 60 seconds during a marathon commercial segment, is that just to give you guys a breather so you can queue up more commercials? But then Speegs spent 59 of those 60 seconds talking about Joe's Crab Shack and their delicious food, so that was pretty slick programming. Image

Thanks for the question. Our log is pretty much set (and ordered) by our traffic department. As far as my freedom to play whatever, it's very low. We have 4 spot breaks. One at :15 for 5 minutes....one at :26 for 4 minutes....one at :45 for 5-6 minutes....one at :55 for five minutes.

If we get behind (like we did CONSTANTLY with Murph) spots must be made up IN THAT HOUR. If a spot break seems long (it should NEVER be 9 minutes...and none of them were today as was suggested) it's because we got behind on a break...usually the one leading into the update. We have to hit the update at :30. This will happen VERY RARELY if ever on this show. Mac and Matt are pros who understand and CARE about the importance of breaking on time.

The amount of spots per hour has ALWAYS been a bone of contention. We know it's a lot. We hate that it's a lot, but we understand it and get it. It sucks...but it is what it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next