It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meatpants
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Meatpants is out of his league on this show...and he is dragging the show down.
He has made more stupid statments in 4 days than Murph would make in 1 Month.
Somethings gotta change with this show...and I hope it is the addition of Jurko soon.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
I thought Meatpants was great Mon - Wed and for the first three and half hours today.

Now, I don't like him. He obviously knows nothing about baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
JohnKirk wrote:
Meatpants is out of his league on this show...and he is dragging the show down.
He has made more stupid statments in 4 days than Murph would make in 1 Month.
Somethings gotta change with this show...and I hope it is the addition of Jurko soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
guys...just put him on the foe list and you won't have to read his posts...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
doug - evergreen park wrote:
guys...just put him on the foe list and you won't have to read his posts...

Which one???

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

whomever you want Dave....whomever you want.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:46 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
whomever you want Dave....whomever you want.

So many to choose from Doug - of course except you. You're my guy! (In my best Mike North voice).

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

did you just type something? :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
DegenerateDave wrote:

How many of you listened to Waddle and Silvy from the beginning? I thought that they were a god awful pairing for about the first two weeks, but then they meshed. Give Macpants that same chance and you will be moving this show to your P1.

The thing about Waddle and Silvy is that most everyone was so freakin happy to have the nine-to-noon time-slot's former tenants evicted that we were happy to overlook chipped door frames or scuffed floors that happened during W&S's move in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:40 pm 

Though it's too soon to make a final judgment, thus far I'm no fan of Meatpants. While I think I can get past his Don Pardo announcer voice, unless he stops trying to talk while his head is firmly up his own ass, I'm not going to become a fan. Most of his points are weak yet he sticks to them like they are the word of God. The whole Shaer and Chet are prostitutes thing today made me hit the button to AM1000 for the first time since Mac returned to the air. Not good if you’re trying to build back an audience. He also needs to remember that it’s the Danny Mac Show, not the Meatpants Show. He’s not an equal, he’s the second banana. Stop trying to carry the show. It seems from his comments today on the whole webio topic that he reads this board. Hopefully he’ll take some constructive criticism, relax and just let the show flow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Yeah, the accusations of prostitution were odd. If he felt that way, why didn't he mention it directly to Shaer when the boys had him on the phone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:21 am 

meatpants,

I still think it's lame how you "drop" that you've been "doing national" for the last ___ years etc. It sounds blowhardish to me, but perhaps I am one of the few.

On another note, meatpants, who is responsible for the bumpers coming back in from commercial? And for you guys who listened to Dan on WMVP the past several years, is this his trademark thing? That is, the bumps where they have some sort of ironic music bed (and/or lines from movies) and play drops, or just a quick conversation, from a previous show that ultimately leads them to followup on whatever was just replayed? For instance, how meatpants demanded a few minutes at the end of the 11 o'clock hour TODAY if Dan's "boy" Soto didn't perform in the game .... they replayed that conversation coming back from break, with a music bed, and then came back to the guys live. In any case, every show loves audio drops but the consistent bumpers referencing prior conversation or "hilarious" jokes seems odd to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
meatpants,

I still think it's lame how you "drop" that you've been "doing national" for the last ___ years etc. It sounds blowhardish to me, but perhaps I am one of the few.

On another note, meatpants, who is responsible for the bumpers coming back in from commercial? And for you guys who listened to Dan on WMVP the past several years, is this his trademark thing? That is, the bumps where they have some sort of ironic music bed (and/or lines from movies) and play drops, or just a quick conversation, from a previous show that ultimately leads them to followup on whatever was just replayed? For instance, how meatpants demanded a few minutes at the end of the 11 o'clock hour TODAY if Dan's "boy" Soto didn't perform in the game .... they replayed that conversation coming back from break, with a music bed, and then came back to the guys live. In any case, every show loves audio drops but the consistent bumpers referencing prior conversation or "hilarious" jokes seems odd to me.

yeah...MAC does that a lot...I like the bumpers...most of em are funny. (On ESPN they were at least havent caught too much of the new show)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:31 am 

Ok, thanks. I figured it must me a Mac thing - as he was pounding on Terry the other day for never going to post show meetings etc, and that the "sound" stuff didn't just happen, guys had to put it together.

For me it doesn't add a lot, and I assume they must spend a decent amount of time working on them ... editing them, getting the right music reference, grabbing movie lines etc. I guess it's because the show is pretty new, and it seems odd that they're already "going back in time" to replay some "hilarious" story or reference a conversation from two days ago.

What I find sort of funny was the one and only pantsofmeat explaining, this morning, that the show is really just him and Dan talking and it's off the cuff - I'd argue that the amount of production/thought put into the bumpers alone sort of negates that argument.

Whatever, the show is fine and I'm sure it will find it's sea legs soon enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:48 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Ok, thanks. I figured it must me a Mac thing - as he was pounding on Terry the other day for never going to post show meetings etc, and that the "sound" stuff didn't just happen, guys had to put it together.

For me it doesn't add a lot, and I assume they must spend a decent amount of time working on them ... editing them, getting the right music reference, grabbing movie lines etc. I guess it's because the show is pretty new, and it seems odd that they're already "going back in time" to replay some "hilarious" story or reference a conversation from two days ago.

What I find sort of funny was the one and only pantsofmeat explaining, this morning, that the show is really just him and Dan talking and it's off the cuff - I'd argue that the amount of production/thought put into the bumpers alone sort of negates that argument.

Whatever, the show is fine and I'm sure it will find it's sea legs soon enough.

yeah well it works real well when one of the hosts or callers predicts something and the opposite comes true...and then when you weave in some play by play it sounds funny.

Like...
Caller: The Cub offense sux...Lee sux
Hawk: And that ball is gone its 5-4
Caller: Soto is fat he sucks
Hawk: and that ball hit deep...were tied
Caller: they should bench soriano
Hawk: And soriano wins it with a walk off

Not for everyone I guess...but I think some of them will have you chuckling.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
Quote:
I think we are all being a bit hypercritical here. This is the first time that they have worked together live in this format. There is going to be a bit of a transition and a few bumps in the road until they learn each other's personalities, quirks, etc.

Probably the reason Mac wanted a few weeks of dry runs before they went live. So far i like the show.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 am 

It's not Matt's show, but he's on this show. To paraphrase Dick Jauron.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
it sounds like meatpants' laugh is very similar to danny mac's laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:43 am 

I can't listen to the show .... ole Meatpants is just trying TOO hard, with his ridiculous voice. If he's not doing his game show voice, he's screaming. If he's not screaming, then he's whispering just AFTER screaming. If he's not whispering, he's laughing his ass off at himself.

Add to that Dan's, hopefully ironic, need to Berman-ize caller's names/sing songs about the players he's discussing etc.

I'll check back in sometime down the line, but for me the 9-1 time slot is definitely not a must-listen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 am 

I can't take it anymore. Spiegels game show voice inflection is out of control this morning.
As much as I love Mac, I'm ready to move 330 clIcks up the dial to AM1000.
Meatpants is brutal & is completely out of his league in the 3rd largest Radio market in the USA.
Mac, you gotta pull a reversal on this one and team up with someone else...

Jason Goff anyone???

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 am 

JohnKirk wrote:
I can't take it anymore. Spiegels game show voice inflection is out of control this morning.
Meatpants is brutal & is completely out of his league in the 3rd largest Radio market in the USA.

Jason Goff anyone???

Hang up on yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:29 am 

Aw, shoot, a true Sophie's Choice here.

Get comfortable with having the same opinion as the puddish John Kirk OR suck it up and listen to, and support, the show despite meatpants not being enjoyable to listen (for me).

MEATPANTS, great job buddy. You need to use more goofy voice inflections and be sure to display your self-glossed "baseball expert" knowledge. Love the show, love you. John Kirk is crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Aw, shoot, a true Sophie's Choice here.

Get comfortable with having the same opinion as the puddish John Kirk OR suck it up and listen to, and support, the show despite meatpants not being enjoyable to listen (for me).

So you like Spiegel, or not?

MEATPANTS, great job buddy. You need to use more goofy voice inflections and be sure to display your self-glossed "baseball expert" knowledge. Love the show, love you. John Kirk is crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 am 

JohnKirk wrote:

Jason Goff anyone???

John Kirk,

So the whole basis of your repetitive argument with Matt is that his voice sounds too gameshowish? I mean, that's all you got? Do you have anything of substance to add to your clear Spiegs hate?

Honestly the whole Spiegs hate thing makes you sound like either A) a boob B) an ESPN schill C) a disgruntled ex WSCR employee or lover.

I think it's clear that not everyone is crazy about Spieg's voice, but how many people would say Silvy's voice is soothing? If it was why would so many people make fun of it?

Get over the voice, put aside your obvious distaste for Matt and try to enjoy the show and analyze it. If you can give me something of more substance than "I don't like his voice", then I will take you seriously.

Until then, you are just a boob with a hard on against Spiegs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Even though Chicago is the 3rd largest market, our radio landscape is littered with guys who don't have a prototypical radio voice. I think Speigel's voice is more California cool than anything else, and he doesn't use it all the time. It kind of sneaks in every once in a while.

If you're going to talk about annoying voices, the discussion begins and ends with one person: Steve Rosenbloom. It's so guttural. I can't stand it when he says something with a "c" or "k" in the word. That, and he went to the Mulligan and Hanley school of faux laughs. He sounds like Eeyore for Christ sake. Tone it down, Rosey. For the most part, I like the cut of his sarcastic gib, but that laugh and the guttural pronunciations have got to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
DegenerateDave wrote:
John Kirk,

So the whole basis of your repetitive argument with Matt is that his voice sounds too gameshowish? I mean, that's all you got? Do you have anything of substance to add to your clear Spiegs hate?

Honestly the whole Spiegs hate thing makes you sound like either A) a boob B) an ESPN schill C) a disgruntled ex WSCR employee or lover.

I think it's clear that not everyone is crazy about Spieg's voice, but how many people would say Silvy's voice is soothing? If it was why would so many people make fun of it?

Get over the voice, put aside your obvious distaste for Matt and try to enjoy the show and analyze it. If you can give me something of more substance than "I don't like his voice", then I will take you seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:40 am 

I don't care for meatpants, and while it kills to me to agree with the assclown John Kirk - I have to. For me it's more than just his stupid radio voice, it's just him.

He seems like a nice enough dude, a fun guy to shoot the bull with ... but he just doesn't bring anything to the table for me. Actually, I think he fit the SNR role perfectly. To me, in the sampling of this show I've heard, it seems that he is scrambling to kowtow to Dan and then acts all pissy when Dan tries to get him back on track.

I'm not a Dan McNeil jocksniffer, and perhaps that is the problem. I never listened to him on the "other" station, so I can't appreciate the difference between his former partners and meatpants. Maybe that's why some give him a pass ... he's not an ex-jock or wannabe-comedian?

In any case, everyone has an opinion ... sorry if I don't feel like I need to bullet point a list of things that I don't find entertaining/funny/enjoyable about listening to meatpants. I'm a long time Score guy, so here's to hoping things evolve a bit and that firing up the stream from 9-1 is something I WANT to do down the line. As for now, no thanks ... way too many other options out there for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I think they make a good team. If you want to break down every frickin sentence out of the poor guy's mouth,I'm sure there are weak points,you know,just like anyone else with a vocal box.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
I don't care for meatpants, and while it kills to me to agree with the assclown John Kirk - I have to. For me it's more than just his stupid radio voice, it's just him.

He seems like a nice enough dude, a fun guy to shoot the bull with ... but he just doesn't bring anything to the table for me. Actually, I think he fit the SNR role perfectly. To me, in the sampling of this show I've heard, it seems that he is scrambling to kowtow to Dan and then acts all pissy when Dan tries to get him back on track.

I'm not a Dan McNeil jocksniffer, and perhaps that is the problem. I never listened to him on the "other" station, so I can't appreciate the difference between his former partners and meatpants. Maybe that's why some give him a pass ... he's not an ex-jock or wannabe-comedian?

In any case, everyone has an opinion ... sorry if I don't feel like I need to bullet point a list of things that I don't find entertaining/funny/enjoyable about listening to meatpants. I'm a long time Score guy, so here's to hoping things evolve a bit and that firing up the stream from 9-1 is something I WANT to do down the line. As for now, no thanks ... way too many other options out there for me.

Harry - thank you. At the very least those are valid criticisms of why you don't like Spiegs other than his voice.

That's all I am asking for here.

You don't have to align yourself with John Kirk resident assclown in order to have an opinion. Yours has substance and quality - his just sounds like bitter grapes over an obvious distaste for anything not Mike North related.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:52 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
JohnKirk wrote:

Jason Goff anyone???

John Kirk,

I dont hate Spiegel. He seems like a nice guy, but I just dont like what he says or how he says it. To me he sounds like a guy on a college radio station who just learned how to speak in his radio voice. To be honest, I think Mac would be better solo than with Meat.
It's ok if you like him. I'm not trying to convince you or change your mind.
If you are looking for me to write a War & Piece length essay on why I dont care for Meatpants, your not going to get it. Hell, I gotta get some work done today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next