It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: home run inn
did danny mac spill the beans about espn 1000 today missed some of the show ??

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Wasn't he going to do that at 11am? I would love to hear what he had to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Think the carrot dangler is listening right now?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
The segment is on now. I know that people, including myself, occasionally like to hear some of the behind the scenes stuff, but doesn't a specific segment devoted to it just tell his employers and coworkers that "I'll rip you when we eventually part ways."?

He can come off as bitter and unable to let things go. Getting it off your chest is fine, but maybe on the air isn't always the best way to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 am 

can someone sum up what he said...thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
he told a little story about management forcing MJH to lie about being on vacation when they were really suspended for telling a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:27 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
he told a little story about management forcing MJH to lie about being on vacation when they were really suspended for telling a joke.

thanks hatch...do we know when that was?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hatchetman wrote:

Thats not news. Most MJH fans always assumed that either of them were off in the penalty box and not on holiday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:29 am 

he said it was March before the baseball season..thus the lie "we have to use up our vacation before baseball season." I missed what year, if he said it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:31 am 

ok well thats not a huge deal...anything else? harry?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

And the language police were in out in full force.

"say the Bears got thier butts/rear ends kicked. They didn't 'get thier asses kicked'"
Typical of ESPN actually.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
The segment is on now. I know that people, including myself, occasionally like to hear some of the behind the scenes stuff, but doesn't a specific segment devoted to it just tell his employers and coworkers that "I'll rip you when we eventually part ways."?

He can come off as bitter and unable to let things go. Getting it off your chest is fine, but maybe on the air isn't always the best way to do it.

Tad, I couldn't agree with you any more, especially with this part: "but doesn't a specific segment devoted to it just tell his employers and coworkers that "I'll rip you when we eventually part ways."

In fact, I said pretty much the same thing to a friend of mine. I know Mac's target today was Jim Pastor, but earlier in today's show during the brutally unfunny Harry Teinowicz sound-a-like contest, Mac said something about Harry needing therapy. While I don't know if that's true, I do know Mac has said on the air that he's gone to a therapist. I don't have a problem with that, as I too have sought counsel with a professional.

But, I'm pretty sure Mac's therapist wouldn't approve of his passive aggression or actual physical aggression towards Harry. The friend I emailed always tells me to "let it go." That's what I would say to Mac.

The mean spiritedness of the anti-Harry stuff is old and played out. If it sucked that bad, why not quit years ago or seek other opportunities? Why keep putting your name on the dotted line for more of the same?

As a former P1, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Let it go.

Also, to borrow a couple of things from other shows, I'd give "Gloves Off Tuesday" a huge thumbs down (first edition or not, it sucked) and the segment shan't get another bite of my former P1 apple. Not that I can listen much during middays anyway, so take it for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:35 am 

ok so ESPN didnt wanna broadcast a suspension or say ass on the air...anything else? cuz thats weak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:37 am 

the beans are going to be spilled over time. they spinned a wheel and it stopped on Pastor. so he told a Pastor story. maybe tomorrow they'll spin the wheel again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:18 pm 

The question is what was the joke on the air that got them all 'vacationed'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Fired on Pastor, said he told them to lie to the audience.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
As much as I disliked the 11:00 airing of "Drop the Gloves Tuesday," I freaking loved the circling back to finish the segment at 12:40.

Now THAT'S what I was expecting. That was great radio. He finished his thoughts on Pastor and said going after Waddle and Silvy would be the best revenge, given that pairing those two was Pastor's best move.

Kudos.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:lol: Mentioning the Salisbury and Rosenbloom Show. Hilarious considering they are going to be doing cross talk with Rosenbloom in a minute...

Mac said there were three guys he would eventually fire on. Pastor, Teinowitz and.......? Who's the third?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

El Justin Craig.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:51 pm 

the wheel also had Jurko on it, though that will be good natured "firing upon" i'm sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:55 pm 

I'd really be interested to hear the level of censorship that goes on at ESPN1000 from ESPN, Inc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
how didi the wheel not hit harry the first time....come on mac

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
At the end of the show he said there were three things Pastor did wrong and one thing he did right. In the negative column was Dick picture and Rosenbloom, but he hedged it in regards to criticizing Rosenbloom by saying they shouldn't have placed a guy with a newspaper background in the drivers seat of a show with a jock on an ISDN line in Dallas. Second I think was breaking up the MJH show although he said it's time was up anyway. Third, and it seemed his biggest beef, was that no one in management would call him back after the big suspension and talk to him about it. He said he lost $40k due to the suspension and probably lost more because of performance clauses that weren't met because the show had bad ratings while he was gone. He said it evened out though in that he just got paid for 3 1/2 months while sitting on his butt. As already mentioned the good thing Pastor did was the Silvy and Waddle show.

He also stated he talked with a management guy at the Score and asked him if SCR would have suspended him for using the language he used when describing the female reporter that got him suspended at MVP, and the guy said something to the effect of "we'd prefer you not use that language but we wouldn't suspend you for it."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:47 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
At the end of the show he said there were three things Pastor did wrong and one thing he did right. In the negative column was Dick picture and Rosenbloom, but he hedged it in regards to criticizing Rosenbloom by saying they shouldn't have placed a guy with a newspaper background in the drivers seat of a show with a jock on an ISDN line in Dallas. Second I think was breaking up the MJH show although he said it's time was up anyway. Third, and it seemed his biggest beef, was that no one in management would call him back after the big suspension and talk to him about it. He said he lost $40k due to the suspension and probably lost more because of performance clauses that weren't met because the show had bad ratings while he was gone. He said it evened out though in that he just got paid for 3 1/2 months while sitting on his butt. As already mentioned the good thing Pastor did was the Silvy and Waddle show.

He also stated he talked with a management guy at the Score and asked him if SCR would have suspended him for using the language he used when describing the female reporter that got him suspended at MVP, and the guy said something to the effect of "we'd prefer you not use that language but we wouldn't suspend you for it."

Is this a show about sports or about Dan McNeil and all his past career controversies? I'm trying really hard to give this thing a shot and it's damn unlistenable. God, Mac, get over yourself; the sports radio world doesn't revolve around YOU!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Some of us find the behind the scenes stuff interesting...Mac knows that. It's not like it's going to bash ESPN1000 on a weekly basis...

...although

Critics at XtraPants? Slippery Cracks? By Cracky Critic Slippers at XXXL? Meat Critics! MacCrackers in the vending machine....

:drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Pappy's Crappy, you of all people should be especially aware of how compelling some people can find the behind-the-scenes stuff to be. I don't think there's any harm in a few days of Booyah-bashing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:21 am 
100000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Some of us find the behind the scenes stuff interesting...Mac knows that.

Right. Especially because El Justin, Finji, Miska, Zederman, Delevitt, etc were at remotes and met and talked with many of us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Some of us find the behind the scenes stuff interesting...Mac knows that. It's not like it's going to bash ESPN1000 on a weekly basis...

...although

Critics at XtraPants? Slippery Cracks? By Cracky Critic Slippers at XXXL? Meat Critics! MacCrackers in the vending machine....

:drunken:

Future Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac need to wake up and realize that it's a small world. The guys he's hitting with the flame thrower today will be the guys laughing at him when he gets fired and is looking for another job later.