It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Mac,

Since you are such an active contributor to the board here and you have a pretty loyal following from the board that participates and listens to your show, how bout a little exclusive??

What say you give us a few tidbits about what REALLY happened with you and Tiny that fateful day?

Of course you don't have to give away all the meaty stuff you will say on next Tuesday, but how bout giving us a little "insider" information?

Cmon Mac - take the gloves off early for a little preview!

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
DegenerateDave wrote:
Mac,

Since you are such an active contributor to the board here and you have a pretty loyal following from the board that participates and listens to your show, how bout a little exclusive??

What say you give us a few tidbits about what REALLY happened with you and Tiny that fateful day?

Of course you don't have to give away all the meaty stuff you will say on next Tuesday, but how bout giving us a little "insider" information?

I would much rather see Mac spend his time interviewing potential co-hosts.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
JohnKirk wrote:

You have made your opinion on this matter abundantly clear. Re-stating it ad nauseam is not gonna change the following facts:

1. Mac has a co-host

2. Mac hand picked this co-host

3. It is NOT, nor will it be Jurko

4. Said hand picked co-host is going NOWHERE

Acceptance is the answer to all of your problems.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:25 pm 

A7X wrote:
JohnKirk wrote:

You have made your opinion on this matter abundantly clear. Re-stating it ad nauseam is not gonna change the following facts:

1. Mac has a co-host

2. Mac hand picked this co-host

3. It is NOT, nor will it be Jurko

4. Said hand picked co-host is going NOWHERE

Acceptance is the answer to all of your problems.

+ 100

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:17 pm 

I would much rather see Mac spend his time interviewing potential co-hosts.[/quote]

I heard he originaly wanted North to co-host but then he decided the show really should be in English!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Jurko is on "the wheel," isn't he? Sounds like he'll get his.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:41 pm 

Jalapenos and More wrote:
Jurko is on "the wheel," isn't he? Sounds like he'll get his.

J & M - I don't think Mac is as fond of Jurko as some people seem think he is IMO. He has tee'd him up a few times already for his non bathroom blasting and even when they were doing the show he accused Jurko of being sleepy and needing a nap.

I am pretty sure this is one reunion we won't see happening. If I were to guess, Jurko re-signs with Booyah for another 2 years...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Ok...I will re-direct my anti meatpants rants to pro Jason Goff posts. Goff deserves a full time co-host slot. Mitch needs to take more risks and take a chance on guys like Jason.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

JohnKirk wrote:
Ok...I will re-direct my anti meatpants rants to pro Jason Goff posts. Goff deserves a full time co-host slot. Mitch needs to take more risks and take a chance on guys like Jason.

You are just about as annoying as Harry, maybe more so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Quote:
I am pretty sure this is one reunion we won't see happening. If I were to guess, Jurko re-signs with Booyah for another 2 years...

I'm very sure Jurko isn't joining the Danny Mac show. Mac and Spiegel will spend the entire summer developing their chemistry, so why throw him into the mix? Frankly, I don't think he adds much: let's move on. Eight years together was more than enough.

I've posted it before but I really think Jurko should push for an NFL analyst job at FOX, CBS, Westwood One or the NFL Network. Terrell Davis and Jamie Dukes add little or nothing. Solomon Wilcots, J.C. Pearson and Tony Boselli are terrible. FOX let Brian Baldinger go.

Last edited by Jalapenos and More on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Jalapenos and More wrote:

I've posted it before but I really think Jurko should push for an NFL analyst job at FOX, CBS, Westwood One or the NFL Network. Terrell Davis and Jamie Dukes add little or nothing. Solomon Wilcots, J.C. Pearson and Tony Boselli are terrible. FOX let Brian Baldinger go.

Yeah, I agree that Jurko should be a broadcaster. I think he would be an insightful and enjoyable listen, it's too bad that those jobs are typically given to big name ex-football players...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: mmm...SAUSAGE
Look, Mac, just get rid of the wheel. It makes you look bitter & mean-spirited, and it lacks class. I'm sure ESPN wants to paint the picture of you being a delinquent, a menace, and all this shit gives credence to that opinion and their decision to let you go.

That being said, fuck the rest of the listeners. Dish all the dirt here. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
FOX let Brian Baldinger go.[/quote]

That's the best news I've heard all week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
DegenerateDave wrote:
Mac,

mac wrote:
Let's burn some bridges, Chicago!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i enjoy reading the threads started just to see if the great danny mac will respond. "mac, read my post! respond to me! i love you mac! im a big fan! give me some inside information, i love reading your posts! i cant wait to read your next one!".

i havent heard much of the new show, but it is good to hear mac on the air again. the show hasnt really caught my attention that much, though. the mac/meatpants connection isnt happening for me yet. spiegel sounds like he is trying to hard, and it doesnt sound like natural banter to me. sounds like a lot of schtick, not like real conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:18 am 

JohnKirk wrote:

Well done sir!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:34 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
i enjoy reading the threads started just to see if the great danny mac will respond. "mac, read my post! respond to me! i love you mac! im a big fan! give me some inside information, i love reading your posts! i cant wait to read your next one!".

i havent heard much of the new show, but it is good to hear mac on the air again. the show hasnt really caught my attention that much, though. the mac/meatpants connection isnt happening for me yet. spiegel sounds like he is trying to hard, and it doesnt sound like natural banter to me. sounds like a lot of schtick, not like real conversation.

I would agree with your first comments if Mac didn't participate on the board and answer questions directly. I don't think it's any secret that I am a member of the Mac ALS.

That said, your point about Siegel is probably the point that most people have been trying to put their finger on - well done. That is totally what it seems like to me and I just couldn't place it. It sounds a bit forced and contrived - I think the natural part will come.