It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:35 pm 

So Danny Mac's back at the score, good feelings abound all around, Grobber's there's some new management at the station

What are the odds that someone, anyone at WSCR can reach out and extend an olive branch to WGN Radio and end the childish practice of "We refuse to use each other's radio highlights." The stations are literally 1000 feet from each other, there's no good reason in this modern era of media sharing that we shouldn't be able to hear Ed and DJack on 'GN and Pat and Ron on 'SCR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Until B&B stop making fun of Ronnie's stumps, there will be no sharing of radio material.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am 

I would love to hear the highlights of Soriano striking out or Bradley losing a ball in the sun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
We will see how much a "FAN" Mr. Ricketts is soon, because a real fan would never stop others from hearing highlights and would undertand the character ronnie is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Even if Ricketts thinks Santo is the King of Clown Town, he probably wouldn't upset the meatball cart rashly and first-thing in the door; too many people love him (and, personally, I just don't have a huge problem with him overall).

Yes, the complexion* of the Cubs' consumers has inched ever closer to the more intelligent side of the spectrum over, say, the last decade, but there's still no shortage of people that are consumers only for the most base reasons which are so oft-cited that they hardly need mentioning here.

Ergo, given that situation, combined with B&B's glee of verbally rogering Santo, I'm guessing no change in the status quo - plus, I don't see the percentage in WGN giving radio highlights to WSCR ... I'm well-aware of the day-to-day happenings of the Boys in Blue without the benefit of hearing highlights from Alpha & Omega's broadcast from 50-clicks up the dial, so it's not like WGN is out $ (or at least any significant amount).

(* - not pigment related)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
bigfan wrote:
We will see how much a "FAN" Mr. Ricketts is soon, because a real fan would never stop others from hearing highlights and would undertand the character ronnie is.

Would Ricketts really be able to tell WGN that they have to give WSCR access to their radio highlights?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
So they use TV highlights. Who cares?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
The sh** grin in J&M's new avatar is killing me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:30 am 

Warthog wrote:
So Danny Mac's back at the score, good feelings abound all around, Grobber's there's some new management at the station

What are the odds that someone, anyone at WSCR can reach out and extend an olive branch to WGN Radio and end the childish practice of "We refuse to use each other's radio highlights." The stations are literally 1000 feet from each other, there's no good reason in this modern era of media sharing that we shouldn't be able to hear Ed and DJack on 'GN and Pat and Ron on 'SCR

They'll do that when the Cubs/Tribune broadcasting (they're still a connected entity) starts dumping their top talent to help Reinsdorf field a fan attracting playoff-bound winner. Or when all of the host start working for the same scale.

They're called "rights fees" for a reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Until B&B stop making fun of Ronnie's stumps, there will be no sharing of radio material.

There's a parody song there Mr. Reason.

My Stumps by Mac/Spiegs = My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:58 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Would Ricketts really be able to tell WGN that they have to give WSCR access to their radio highlights?

the big question is why would he care to give the wscr anything? Why give a station full of Cub haters anything they can use to continue to tear down your product? B&B are basically irrelevant in the city, I know they have a dedicated but small fan base, but to the vast majority of people they are unlikeable and unknown.