It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This show in a nutshell
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Once again these idiots though it would be compelling radio to get the Sodfathe....er excuse me, Soddy, on the phone. After the interview the co-host Teddy G admitted he was daydreaming about Tom Watson during the Soddy interview. Coincidentally, on the Waddle and Silvey show at the exact same moment they were interviewing Tom Watson.

That right there pretty much somes up all you need to know about the mid morning sports radio scene in Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 am 

If Mac just had not went on vacation, this would be the best show in Chicago.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I know that's a shot at me RFDC but I can't change my mind. Sorry. It was a bad time to go. It sent me back to S&W, and they've had a good week. I don't think I'm changing back.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:37 am 

A shot in love Darkie, always in love.

(you will flip back, we both know it.)

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:39 am 

RFDC wrote:
A shot in love Darkie, always in love.

(you will flip back, we both know it.)

I don't have a problem with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:42 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Silvy and Waddle had on Tom Watson? Wow. That's a good get.

And this is me in a nutshell....

Help! I'm in a nutshell!

Last edited by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:44 am 

Speaking of nutshells, did anyone else hear transition yesterday when Meatpants talked that he used to get excited going to "food wagons" by construction sites? Is him going to roach coaches where he doesnt even work the equivalent of a crack head giving a hummer to score? Bottom of barrell stuff there. I like Meatpants, but this was something he should have kept to himself. :lol:

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Some interesting crosstalk between Teddy G and Terry today? Terry openly questioned Teddy's ethics when he sat it w/ MJH.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:50 am 

shakes wrote:
Once again these idiots though it would be compelling radio to get the Sodfathe....er excuse me, Soddy, on the phone. After the interview the co-host Teddy G admitted he was daydreaming about Tom Watson during the Soddy interview. Coincidentally, on the Waddle and Silvey show at the exact same moment they were interviewing Tom Watson.

That right there pretty much somes up all you need to know about the mid morning sports radio scene in Chicago.

Yes, but we did learn . . .

Kerry Sayers was getting turned on by Roger's talk of "hoses and nozzles"
Roger misses her around the ballpark and has a picture of her in his office
She never got the ride arpound the field on Roger's little tractor as he promised
She can show up anytime for her ride; Roger always has a free ticket for her

So there! Watson, Schmatson!

Last edited by Pappy's Crappy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
shakes wrote:
Once again these idiots though it would be compelling radio to get the Sodfathe....er excuse me, Soddy, on the phone.

Can someone explain this guy's appeal to me? I had to turn off MJH on multiple occasions when they would verbally fellate this guy and it looks like I'll have to do it here, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:20 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
shakes wrote:
Once again these idiots though it would be compelling radio to get the Sodfathe....er excuse me, Soddy, on the phone.

Can someone explain this guy's appeal to me? I had to turn off MJH on multiple occasions when they would verbally fellate this guy and it looks like I'll have to do it here, too.

There is no appeal, Tad. None at all. Why not bring on a Peanut Vendor to talk about his job at Wrigley/cellular?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:21 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Darkside wrote:
Why not bring on a Peanut Vendor to talk about his job at Wrigley/cellular?

Actually, didn't some show interview that Scottie Pippen looking peanut vendor guy that works at every sporting event in town?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Jalapenos and More wrote:
Some interesting crosstalk between Teddy G and Terry today? Terry openly questioned Teddy's ethics when he sat it w/ MJH.

and Boers won't say shit, thats the spineless TB Diddler :wink:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 am 

Well, not only that, Teddy also went for the North/Hernandez bait and was all but on Webio until the Trib told him no. B&B&Crew have been pretty harsh on Webio and the guys who went there. Will that be brought up?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
What was the stated reason for doing yet another interview with the Sodfather?

Bizarre.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 pm 

Anyone else hear Kerry's reacharound reference? :shock: Now she intrigues me a bit more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:16 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Actually, didn't some show interview that Scottie Pippen looking peanut vendor guy that works at every sporting event in town?

LOL did someone really interview that guy? Does he still work at the ballpark? Back in the 90s me and my brother were obsessed with that guy whenever we were at Comiskey. We'd even do an over under on what inning Scottie Pippen would walk through our section.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
shakes wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Darkside wrote:

LOL did someone really interview that guy? Does he still work at the ballpark? Back in the 90s me and my brother were obsessed with that guy whenever we were at Comiskey. We'd even do an over under on what inning Scottie Pippen would walk through our section.

I thought my brothers and I were the only ones that did this! LOL Its scary because that guy is the love child of Scottie Pippen and our Uncle Jim. Hilarious. He needs to be part of Chicago lore like the Empire guy.

Also don't forget the silent vendor. She once stepped on a mustard packet walking up the aisle and nailed my jeans and shoes. True to form she didn't say anything, just mouthed the word "hot dog" and kept trucking up the aisle. I was laughing too hard to be mad. :lol:

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Tall Midget wrote:

Bizarre.

Please tell me this is a joke. He was on again today? I hated it last week, but at least it made sense since they were at the park. Is todays reason because they have used up all the numbers in the their phone books?

Apparently Meatpants isnt reading the board and the overwhelming negatives that were shared about him last week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Darkside wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
shakes wrote:

There is no appeal, Tad. None at all. Why not bring on a Peanut Vendor to talk about his job at Wrigley/cellular?

Maybe a better equivalent would be the equipment manager or the guy who books the hotel rooms for the team when they travel... either way, it might be interesting to do it once, but I can't see doing it any more than that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:51 pm 

EG Greg wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Bizarre.

Please tell me this is a joke. He was on again today? I hated it last week, but at least it made sense since they were at the park. Is todays reason because they have used up all the numbers in the their phone books?

Apparently Meatpants isnt reading the board and the overwhelming negatives that were shared about him last week.

Oh its worse than you even imagined. A caller said that the part of the all star game he enjoyed the most was the way the grass in the stadium looked. I have no idea what they are talking about since I haven't watched an all star game or an all star game highlight in at least 10 years, but it sounds like there was some design cut into the field or something like that. So, next thing you know Spiegel says hey I bet the sodfather would know how they did that. And then he starts to tell the wonderful story of how he tried calling the Sodfather Soddy but he Sodfather didn't like it. And then within 11 seconds of bringing up the guy's name the producer had him on the phone and on the air.

At that point I switched over the Waddle & Silvey and Tom Watson was on so I immediately switched to 780 because why the hell would I ever want to hear a golfer interviewed about anything, let alone golf. 10 minutes or so i switched back and they had just ended the Soddy interview and we're still talking about all the pearls of wisdom he left them with.

Amazing stuff.

Spiegel if you read this I hope you realize what a douche you are. If not, well then let me tell you something....you're a douche.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:17 am 

Some guy from the Big 10 (Network?) called in to debate that cutting edge sports radio topic: a college football playoff system. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Some guy from the Big 10 (Network?) called in to debate that cutting edge sports radio topic: a college football playoff system. :roll:

I think that was Mike Hall (isn't he the guy who won an ESPN contest hosted by Stuart Scott to be a SC host?), and that topic is only slightly more palatable than steroids in baseball.