It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I need a definition
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Mac has identified the people that are like David Hernandez as "Microphone Sniffers" and I think that fits.

But I need a definition for another group of people.

What do we call the people like Gloopan, Shakes, etc. that CLAIM to hate the show and denounce it every second they get, but clearly listen to the show more than most of the fans?

I want something catchy, but can't quite place my finger on it.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

Post subject: Re: I need a definition
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:23 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Mac has identified the people that are like David Hernandez as "Microphone Sniffers" and I think that fits.

What do we call the people like Gloopan, Shakes, etc. that CLAIM to hate the show and denounce it every second they get, but clearly listen to the show more than most of the fans?

Now dont go apologizing for this post later Dave or explaining it.

Just spew venom!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:24 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Now dont go apologizing for this post later Dave or explaining it.

Just spew venom!!!!

I'm just saying - it's too easy to say that they are haters - and that's kind of mean spirited. They clearly listen - do we call them closet fans? Pseudo Haters? I'm just trying to define what it is that they are.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
They should be coined step-sister effers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:25 am 

CWS05nuts wrote:
They should be coined step-sister effers.

I'm not sure anyone will get the correlation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
According to my calculations it is a *casual* relationship.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:28 am 

masochist

- gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.

- the act of turning one's destructive tendencies inward or upon oneself.
- the tendency to find pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
How about "disappointed former big fans"?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:29 am 

walkrman5 wrote:
masochist

- gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.

- the act of turning one's destructive tendencies inward or upon oneself.
- the tendency to find pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.

That implies that the show causes pain to them - which I don't think is true.

What about Mac o phobes? Kind of a play on homophobes who doth protest too much?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Darkside wrote:

Not happy with Mac's reaction to your critisizm or am I reading too much into that statement?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 am 

Darkside wrote:

Darkside - I didn't think your criticism of Dan was over the top. I thought you made valid points without making it personal and I know where you are coming from. I am surprised Dan lumped you in with the other meatheads.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Not happy with Mac's reaction to your critisizm or am I reading too much into that statement?

Mac has had thinskinned reactions to my criticism before. We had butted heads during the whole "Root for the Brewers" thing in '07 which I frickin hated. I thought that was dumb at the time, but I admitted later that it formed compelling radio.

Former fan comment explained... I loved the MHJ show. I love Jurko. Harry, well who could forget harry? But when he left the Saloon it died. Carm is like switching your "Chubby Hubby" for Vanilla. Bleh. Blah.

I much anticipated Mac's return. In the meantime, my opinion of the S&W show changed entirely. Once Waddle dropped the too cool for school attitude it became a GREAT show. When Mac came back, I couldn't wait to hear him. And it... wasn't great. Maybe I just missed him too much. But I started feeling like I was missing out of S&W.

True, Mac has a way of grating on me big time. I'm on the record as a critic of his BigTimer attitude (as part of an on-air persona... I don't need that argument again). I never liked the lack of Hawk Talk. thought his views on NBA were strange. But the MJH show was good. I loved to hate Harry (who's a good guy in RL). I loved the anti harry jokes Mac made.

But I've carefully thought out my criticisms, sorted the wheat from the chaff of other criticisms, and that's all. Mac can take it, or leave it. So far, he's left it. That's his choice.

The disappointed former fan might be a bit over the top. That's me though. I'm not into the new show. I'm enjoying S&W much more.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
DegenerateDave wrote:

Yea...like the North haters who can't help but watch MITM, right?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:46 am 

Scorehead wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

From your mouth to God's ears.

You prove it by coming into a thread in the Danny Mac Show forum which had a most innocuous title.

Thank you for proving my point.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I think they're a subset of the kind of person that looks for reasons to bitch and complain and/or be 'offended' (as previously discussed elsewhere .....).

They have no purpose to speak of (at least in their own minds), and they think they find fulfillment being an antagonistc ass so that people will hopefully pay attention to their blathering which, while having no authoritative level of it's own, is given a false appearance of being authoritative by way of people not only paying attention to it but then reacting to it. There can be an element of contrarianism, but it's not the central purpose.

In other words, fuckwits.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:52 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
I think they're a subset of the kind of person that looks for reasons to bitch and complain and/or be 'offended' (as previously discussed elsewhere .....).

They have no purpose to speak of (at least in their own minds), and they think they find fulfillment being an antagonistc ass so that people will hopefully pay attention to their blathering which, while having no authoritative level of it's own, is given a false appearance of being authoritative by way of people not only paying attention to it but then reacting to it. There can be an element of contrarianism, but it's not the central purpose.

I like that...

That definitely has potential. Maybe change it to "fuckwiths" as in they love to fuck with so and so...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I like that...

That definitely has potential. Maybe change it to "fuckwiths" as in they love to fuck with so and so...

I'm going to allow that ... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
There is constructive critics, that's not what's going on here...instead I would call it deconstructive critics.

deconstructive isn't even a real word!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 pm 

I call them essential to the life of this board.

They are Joker- just want to see everything burn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:10 pm 

Psycory wrote:
There is constructive critics, that's not what's going on here...instead I would call it deconstructive critics.

deconstructive isn't even a real word!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deconstructive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I stand corrected... and there I go trusting the spell check on Firefox.
Idiot!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Mac has had thinskinned reactions to my criticism before. We had butted heads during the whole "Root for the Brewers" thing in '07 which I frickin hated. I thought that was dumb at the time, but I admitted later that it formed compelling radio.

Former fan comment explained... I loved the MHJ show. I love Jurko. Harry, well who could forget harry? But when he left the Saloon it died. Carm is like switching your "Chubby Hubby" for Vanilla. Bleh. Blah.

I much anticipated Mac's return. In the meantime, my opinion of the S&W show changed entirely. Once Waddle dropped the too cool for school attitude it became a GREAT show. When Mac came back, I couldn't wait to hear him. And it... wasn't great. Maybe I just missed him too much. But I started feeling like I was missing out of S&W.

True, Mac has a way of grating on me big time. I'm on the record as a critic of his BigTimer attitude (as part of an on-air persona... I don't need that argument again). I never liked the lack of Hawk Talk. thought his views on NBA were strange. But the MJH show was good. I loved to hate Harry (who's a good guy in RL). I loved the anti harry jokes Mac made.

But I've carefully thought out my criticisms, sorted the wheat from the chaff of other criticisms, and that's all. Mac can take it, or leave it. So far, he's left it. That's his choice.

The disappointed former fan might be a bit over the top. That's me though. I'm not into the new show. I'm enjoying S&W much more.

Don't let Stu and the others get to you. You make many valid points and we all know how thin skinned Mac is. The others just stroke his ego, ignore them.
As I've said before, Mac has contracted the dreaded Mike North disease and I think it is incurable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:30 pm 

S.I.D.,

Don't lump me in with defending Mac's comments about Darkside. I thought Darkside had a valid point and I was surprised Dan included him with rest of the meatheads.

I have no problem with Darkside offering valid opinions and that's all these are - opinions.

I don't think Dan walks on water and I think he can overreact and make mistakes - just like every one else on the planet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Scorehead wrote:
If that were true, Pappy would have the #1 show in Chicago :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
DegenerateDave wrote:

How about, people stuck in their car who want to listen to sports radio, but only have 2 sports radio stations to choose from and very long commerical breaks at the other station to circumvent?

Does that work, is it catchy enough?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:20 pm 

shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

How about, people stuck in their car who want to listen to sports radio, but only have 2 sports radio stations to choose from and very long commerical breaks at the other station to circumvent?

Does that work, is it catchy enough?

I was thinking Assclown would be a much shorter way to abbreviate it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 pm 

Ass sniffers = people who will stick their finger in an asscrack (their own or someone else's), sniff it heavy, and then complain it smells like shit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:29 pm 

Now would be an appropriate time for the video of the monkey on the limb sticking its finger in its butt, sniffing it and fainting/falling off the branch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
good dolphin wrote:
Now would be an appropriate time for the video of the monkey on the limb sticking its finger in its butt, sniffing it and fainting/falling off the branch.

Personally, I would enjoy seeing a video of a bunch monkeys in a cage flinging their crap at DegenrateDave.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
The one where the monkey is pissing in his own mouth reminds me of somebody here, not sure who.