It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
DegenerateDave wrote:
670 wrote:
All this show is missing is a good co-host. Spiegel is brutal & you know it Mac.
You can only hang on so long with this goof. Surely you know that he is a lightweight, right?
No one likes him & if you let him continue to drag your show down, then your return to WSCR may only last 52 weeks.
You must think that you are right & everybody else is wrong.

JohnKirk - why hide behind your mults? Just post as JohnKirk already damn.

It's not rocket science to deduct your writing style is exactly the same.

Dave,
I'm not sure what this "Mult" paranoia is from you, but I only have one ID here.
Maybe you guys have numerous, but I only registered once.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Scorehead wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
670 wrote:
All this show is missing is a good co-host. Spiegel is brutal & you know it Mac.
You can only hang on so long with this goof. Surely you know that he is a lightweight, right?
No one likes him & if you let him continue to drag your show down, then your return to WSCR may only last 52 weeks.

It's not rocket science to deduct your writing style is exactly the same.

Dave,
I'm not sure what this "Mult" paranoia is from you, but I only have one ID here.

So if that is true than why are you responding to my post to John Kirk while signed in as scorehead?

OOPS

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
I agree with Dave that the Mac detractors are closet fags who listen to the show more than anyone but keep up the sophomoric posts and it gives me something to chuckle at during a quiet work day. I find it funny that guys or boys won't to take the time to post 3 rd grade stuff like that .

I'll be honest and say the Score has always seemed like a second class station to me as the callers are morons for the most part and it seems the shows and hosts are filling dead air time and it's stayed the same for almost 20 years. I'll give 1 big reason why I like S&W better at this time and that is guests. Mac tends to want to stay away from guests but I have to hand it the folks that produce the S&W show as it has more content and not as many meatball callers who call up with no point and or know nothing about sports.

Your a sports talk station Dan and you should have a guy Like A.J. calling in once a week or have a Bear on once a week or a Hawk or Cubs player. S&W had Tom Watson on after his round at the British open yesterday for Christ sakes , now that's getting it done.

If I ever hear another Athlete interviewed on WSCR it will be too soon.
Other than Ryan Dempster & a few others, none of these guys have anything to say.
I would much rather listed to the show hosts.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:52 am 

the show will soon get what it truly needs....Interesting Sports Stories. 2nd half of baseball season & playoff races....and Football, Football, Football....including the freakin Chicago Bears with what should be a real QB lead team for a change.

"you" need some passionate topics....right now it feels like you guys are just talking to be talking (duh) at times. Not a comfortable listen...YET

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Dave,

So if that is true than why are you responding to my post to John Kirk while signed in as scorehead?

OOPS

:lol: pwned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 am 

SOOO OWNED!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 am 
1000 CLUB

You
Quote:
can only hang on so long with this goof. Surely you know that he is a lightweight, right?

It's not rocket science to deduct your writing style is exactly the same.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Nice catch Dave >>>>>>> I think all the Mac attention whores are the same douchebag and I would bet it's someone we all know who gets off on the fact we react to this crap. When I get BF fucked up one night I'll have him break into this site and I'll get the names of the douchebag and will have are fun with them .Your days coming you mults.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 am 

walkrman5 wrote:
SOOO OWNED!

Yep two mults destroyed in 1 post. Not bad.

He responded to me ripping JohnKirk while signed in as 670 and then replied under scorehead.

JohnKirk = Scorehead = 670

BIATCH

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

DegenerateDave wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
SOOO OWNED!

Yep two mults destroyed in 1 post. Not bad.

He responded to me ripping JohnKirk while signed in as 670 and then replied under scorehead.

JohnKirk = Scorehead = 670

BIATCH

A ponzi scheme of sorts. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Didn't johnkirk just change his screen name to scorehead? :?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
I can't believe I am about to defend JohnKirk... but here goes.

He changed his board name to Scorehead because he realized it is dumb to put real info in a message board handle. The thread this came to light in is buried and should stay that way. Also I don't think 670 is a mult of his - I really don't think he is that type of person. I think it is someone poking fun of him and his board stylings.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:02 am 

crosscheck wrote:

Maybe? I'll have to do a search.

If that's the case then technically not a mult but 670 is clearly a mult of JohnKirk, regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
shakes wrote:
More time? Righhhht. You need more time for what? To work on your Coppick impersonation? To ease the transition for the 3 man booth between you, Spiegel and your new partner, Soddy?

The problem isn't Spiegel or the lack of time....the problem is you. You're really bad at what you do for a living and have been for a number of years. That's why your last job tossed you to the curb and that's why the Score will also when they figure out your tired act.

The only reason you've lasted as long as you have is because on some levels you appeal to the lowest common denominator, a segment of the local population that flourishes.

Lose the Chet Coppick crap.
No one cares about your classic rock.
No one cares about what you grilled last night.

Do those 3 things and you might have a shot at not getting fired....again.

and for the record I was happy you went on vacation...I wish you stayed there.

While I have been a fan of Mac's since his early days at the Score, I think shakes raises many valid points here:

1)Mac's running Coppock imitation, constant reference to film scenes, and perpetual discussion of what he's planning on talking about in the next segment or next week give the show an unwieldy and artificial level of self-consciousness that makes his show a difficult listen. This self-consciousness impedes conversational chemistry and gives the show a distant quality that makes it seem more like a sports talk show about sports talk rather than a conversation about sports.

2)The constant name-dropping about Allen Brothers Steaks and the comforts of Mackeyland is stale. I make this point not out of class envy, but out of boredom. Rich people can be fabulously interesting in their decadence, but Mac isn't decadent. His aspirations are purely suburban and thus he's pretty boring when he talks about his consumption habits. As I've said before, Mac thinks he's Keith Richards, but he comes off as Mike Brady.

3)The continued passionate defense of classic rock makes Mac seem increasingly out of touch time passes. He seems to be taking Pappy's place as a champion of a bygone era with decreasing appeal.

4)Perhaps because Mac's monologues are so crowded with the above detritus, he sometimes seems unprepared to talk about sports. He's gotten by with this "casual" approach in the past, but I'm not sure his luck will continue.

None of these problems are fatal, though. Mac is a very talented talker and can become entertaining again if he exercises a little commonsense and some broadcasting discipline. I'm more concerned about Spiegel, though, who faces a much more difficult task if he is to succeed alongside Mac:

1)Contrary to Mac's assertions, it's clear that Spiegel doesn't possess a highly evolved "sports brain." While Spiegel excels in a fact-driven, topical sports talk format, he flounders when he is forced to draw conclusions or offer opinions based on those facts. In a few short weeks on the air, he has uttered a year's worth of silly proclamations. His inability to succeed in a speculative conversational style doesn't bode well for him because it is precisely this kind of fluid, unstructured approach to radio that Mac seems to prefer.

2)Again, contrary to Mac's earlier posts on Meatpants, Spiegel's warmth appears to be a weakness rather than a strength. Rather than bringing out new dimensions to Mac's personality, Spiegel's various passions and enthusiasms have only succeeded in making him seem alternately disingenuous and naive. Further, in constantly trying to "bring out the love" for one thing or another, Spiegel strikes me as an anachronism, a broadcaster out of touch with the current state of the Chicago sports talk landscape. It's not his newness that's a problem, then, but his outdated approach to sports talk that makes him seem like he's out of his league.

Finally, if it is true that all the Danny Mac show requires for success is additional flight miles, why was the reaction here to Spiegel's pairing with several fill-in hosts this week so positive? Why did Spiegel succeed with "low flight-time hosts" while struggling alongside Mac, with whom he has an established relationship and radio partnership? Even if one discounts some or all of the problems I identify above, the consensus here seems to be that Spiegel sounds much better with other partners than he does with Mac. This fact points to a problem that is perhaps much bigger and more troubling than the lack of "flight time" Mac conveniently chooses to identify as the chief drawback in his current show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

DegenerateDave wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Maybe? I'll have to do a search.

If that's the case then technically not a mult but 670 is clearly a mult of JohnKirk, regardless.

Regardless a douchebag anyway you slice it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
shakes wrote:
More time? Righhhht. You need more time for what? To work on your Coppick impersonation? To ease the transition for the 3 man booth between you, Spiegel and your new partner, Soddy?

The problem isn't Spiegel or the lack of time....the problem is you. You're really bad at what you do for a living and have been for a number of years. That's why your last job tossed you to the curb and that's why the Score will also when they figure out your tired act.

The only reason you've lasted as long as you have is because on some levels you appeal to the lowest common denominator, a segment of the local population that flourishes.

Lose the Chet Coppick crap.
No one cares about your classic rock.
No one cares about what you grilled last night.

Do those 3 things and you might have a shot at not getting fired....again.

and for the record I was happy you went on vacation...I wish you stayed there.

Nicely played.

I disagree about Meatpants not being the problem. The problem is that Meatpants is so bad, it exposed Mac because he is too weak to carry him.

You guys need to face facts. Middays do not pay squat. Meat is cheap. That leaves all the rest, what ever little that is, to Mackeyfish.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:09 am 

Midge - I can't argue with your valid, well thought out points and I am not above listening to anything critical about Mac's show.

But what irritates me more than anything are the "fuckwiths" that post numbers after 6 weeks and their only criticism is "Meatpants voice sounds funny".

I'm all for a healthy debate about the virtues of the show, but cmon, give me something to work with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Mac wrote:
And in my best Col. Nathan Jessup.... I have neither the time nor the desire to explain to you why I left. I'd just as soon you leave me to my Rolling Stones music and walleye fillets and let me go my way. Either way, I don't give a damn about what you think you are entitled to.

And Mac, thought I'd mention this too.
I don't care to hear your explaination. I didn't ask for one. It wouldn't make a difference anyway to me.
I just posted my opinion about your professional decision. It was about your work, which is the topic in this section.
What's up with the nastyness? Nowhere did I get nasty about you or your show. In fact, I actually more or less blamed Mitch for it moreso than you.
Way to be with a guy who's listened to you for 5 years or so. thanks.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:13 am 

What did Mac say to you that was "nasty"?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 am 

RFDC wrote:
What did Mac say to you that was "nasty"?

I don't know... maybe I misread it. I thought that he used an Avatar (Col. Jessup's movie quote) to say something in a cadence and with a tone that wasn't exactly friendly. He intended that to come across in Jessup's delivery. Sometimes when people want to mask their comments, they use movie quotes like that to kind of hide behind just how nasty he intended the comment to be. Or maybe not. It sure is hard to interpret tone and body language on the internet, and that's what? 90% of actual human communication?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:20 am 

I just reread the last paragraph of Mac's response and I don't see or hear nasty especially compared with all the things people have said about Mac on here, and also it was not just directed at you Darkside, but at Walt and "others", so I wouldn't take things personally.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:21 am 

THE WIND SOCK wrote:
I agree with Dave that the Mac detractors are closet fags who listen to the show more than anyone but keep up the sophomoric posts and it gives me something to chuckle at during a quiet work day.

Glad I can entertain you on your quiet work days, but the truth is, as I have explained, I was NOT a big Mac fan in the MJH days, but thought I'd give him a try in his new digs. (You know, without that evil ESPN and all their rules and regulations holding back his comedic genius.) Ooh, a "closet burrito". That oh-so-clever, and not at all sophomoric putdown really stung. Anyway, I don't like the show, and after listening a bit to Spiegel with other co-hosts for a week, I'm pretty sure I know why. Now excuse me while I go back in my closet and plan how I can possibly live a full and rich life without ever listening to the on-air offerings of Chet Coppock Jr., I mean Danny Mac, again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:22 am 

RFDC wrote:
I just reread the last paragraph of Mac's response and I don't see or hear nasty especially compared with all the things people have said about Mac on here, and also it was not just directed at you Darkside, but at Walt and "others", so I wouldn't take things personally.

Maybe you're right. I don't know. I was kind of surprised to be included in that group, as I wasn't really saying the same type of things... and I sure didn't ask him how the trip was :P .
Well, I probably am wrong. Must be the coffee. i've had a lot today. And I'm froggy!
Well, if I'm wrong, Mac, sorry. Misread you. My bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

You guys are like whiney fucking bitches already , shut the fuck up and turn the dial to Silvy and Waddle then . A broken fucken record. If Kathy and Judy had a section I'd bet you clowns would be in their making a thread of how you miss them. It's a fucking radio show and Mac is not about to find a cure for cancer so move .So it's not the MJH show ,ok we get that it's been 4 weeks and you cocksuckers want to nail the guy to a cross for taking a vaction and because he's not the old Mac. Get a fucking life!!! Is Dan Mcniel really braking you're hearts and not living up to you're standrds as a Father, Husband and a radio host?? :roll: :roll: ..gO LEAVE , TURN THE DIAL ALREADY BECAUSE i CAN'T TAKE YOU GUYS CRYING EVERYDAY !!

Turn the fucking guy off then and jerk off to Brandmier or better yet Eric and Kathy. If I gave you asswipes a $1000 in an ENEVOLPE you'd bitch about the enevolpe...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:31 am 

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
I agree with Dave that the Mac detractors are closet fags who listen to the show more than anyone but keep up the sophomoric posts and it gives me something to chuckle at during a quiet work day.

Glad I can entertain you on your quiet work days, but the truth is, as I have explained, I was NOT a big Mac fan in the MJH days, but thought I'd give him a try in his new digs. (You know, without that evil ESPN and all their rules and regulations holding back his comedic genius.) Ooh, a "closet GAY". That oh-so-clever, and not at all sophomoric putdown really stung. Anyway, I don't like the show, and after listening a bit to Spiegel with other co-hosts for a week, I'm pretty sure I know why. Now excuse me while I go back in my closet and plan how I can possibly live a full and rich life without ever listening to the on-air offerings of Chet Coppock Jr., I mean Danny Mac, again.

Pappy's Crappy - I don't know that anyone ever mentioned your name, so did you self-identify?

I haven't equated any of your posts to the non-sensical drivel of the other detractors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:32 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
You guys are like whiney fucking bitches already , shut the fuck up and turn the dial to Silvy and Waddle then . A broken fucken record. If Kathy and Judy had a section I'd bet you clowns would be in their making a thread of how you miss them. It's a fucking radio show and Mac is not about to find a cure for cancer so move .So it's not the MJH show ,ok we get that it's been 4 weeks and you cocksuckers want to nail the guy to a cross for taking a vaction and because he's not the old Mac. Get a fucking life!!! Is Dan Mcniel really braking you're hearts and not living up to you're standrds as a Father, Husband and a radio host?? :roll: :roll: ..gO LEAVE , TURN THE DIAL ALREADY BECAUSE i CAN'T TAKE YOU GUYS CRYING EVERYDAY !!

Turn the fucking guy off then and jerk off to Brandmier or better yet Eric and Kathy. If I gave you asswipes a $1000 in an ENEVOLPE you'd bitch about the enevolpe...

THAT'S the Stu I have come to love...

Post of the f'n month...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:

This is a great example of you not knowing what the everlovin fuck you're talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:39 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

Glad I can entertain you on your quiet work days, but the truth is, as I have explained, I was NOT a big Mac fan in the MJH days, but thought I'd give him a try in his new digs. (You know, without that evil ESPN and all their rules and regulations holding back his comedic genius.) Ooh, a "closet GAY". That oh-so-clever, and not at all sophomoric putdown really stung. Anyway, I don't like the show, and after listening a bit to Spiegel with other co-hosts for a week, I'm pretty sure I know why. Now excuse me while I go back in my closet and plan how I can possibly live a full and rich life without ever listening to the on-air offerings of Chet Coppock Jr., I mean Danny Mac, again.

Pappy's Crappy - I don't know that anyone ever mentioned your name, so did you self-identify?

I haven't equated any of your posts to the non-sensical drivel of the other detractors.

Nor was I responding to you. I'm a Mac detractor; hence I was called a closet burrito by another poster.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Chris in St. Charles wrote:
Anyone who thinks Mac was wrong for spending time with his kids is a complete friggin' loser. There is just no other way to chalk it up. Aren't too many things in life more important than a job, but spending time with your kids is absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, one of them.

For me, Chris, it wasn't about his kids. To me it a wrong move to his employer and his co host and really anyone with something invested in his show.
I thought the wrong was done to the show. Just get it goin then stop it dead in the tracks. I thought it wasn't a good move. I thought a competent PD would probably ask that the vacation move up a few weeks or back a while until they can get the show rolling. For the record, I don't blame Mac entirely for that.
It's been noted that this show isn't "there yet", and while that's to be expected as it's brand new, I think that consistancy is brought by tireless practice and repetition. My opinion is ONLY about this show and not about Mac's personal life, which is of little importance to me. You guys seem to take the fact that I thought the vaca was a bad idea and turn it into some strawman about him and his kids and does he deserve what not and all that. His kids are completely irrevelant to my opinion of the timing of his departure.

I get what you meant, I don't think your argument was the same as the others.

I think Mac and Mitch and anyone would admit the timing is bad. Hell, Mac did admit the timing was bad... and I don't think there is a soul arguing that.

You are just making the obvious point that it isn't the best time if you ONLY consider the show. But anyone arguing that Mac's family is more important is acknowledging the fact that time away isn't ideal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:42 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
..gO LEAVE , TURN THE DIAL ALREADY BECAUSE i CAN'T TAKE YOU GUYS CRYING EVERYDAY !!

Then I suggest you follow your own advice and not frequent a message board, the avowed purpose of which is basically to offer opportunities to vent and offer critiques and opinions on sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

This is a great example of you not knowing what the everlovin fuck you're talking about.

ok explain to me "GREAT DARKSIDE" We all hang on you're every fucken tought . You give me reasons to wake up and turn my computer on with you thoughts. Here is a thought how about fuck off. It's dickheads like you that sit back have have the keyboard to hide what a pussy you really are. Have a thought at a remote next time and I might give a fuck what you have to say

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next