It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 pm 

shakes wrote:
Jalapenos and More wrote:
shakes wrote:
99% of the listeners don't gamble.

I think this percentage is much too high for football but might be right for baseball.

Yeah, you're right, I was overstating it a bit. But, what gets really annoying is when someone will bring up a game and rather than talk about the actual game Mac will immediately talk about how he had such and such team giving the points. No one wants to hear about the details of someone else's gambling problem. And Mac definitely has a gambling problem. I don't think that's even debatable.

I loved the movie Michael Clayton.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:

I wouldn't say I loved it, but I definitely enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
Of course that's debatable.

Unless you know for a fact that Mac takes food out of his family's mouths to support his gambling hobby I don't see how you can make that statement.

But that fits in well with a pattern you have developed - throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.

I find that completely irresponsible for you to say that and I think that takes it into a personal vain that you may not want to venture down.

It's one thing to say you do or don't like Mac's show, but to say that he or anyone that you have no idea about personally has a gambling problem or any other kind of problem without the facts behind it, is baseless and asinine.

So, yeah I guess you could say that is "debatable".

It would be the essence of someone saying you are a drunk because you talk about what a good time you and your buddies have at the bar you frequent on the weekends.

If you're drinking all the time, you're an alcoholic. If you're gambling all the time, you're a degenerate gambler.

Just because Mac is a functional gambling addict doesn't make him any less of an addict.

So I am starting to see why you make the idiotic comments you do now - it all makes sense.

So you are telling me that if a guy goes out once a week on the weekends with his buddies and drinks and shoots pool, then he is an alcoholic?

So Mac talks about gambling for maybe a total of one hour a week and this is during football season mind you - and he goes to the window with a few hundred dollars - in your mind, that makes him a gambling addict huh?

That's a pretty big assumption for someone that has no clue of what means Mac lives by on a daily basis.

Do me a favor, why don't you go to the next remote that he's at and run your opinion by him?

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:14 pm 

shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Unless you know for a fact that Mac takes food out of his family's mouths to support his gambling hobby I don't see how you can make that statement.

But that fits in well with a pattern you have developed - throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.

I find that completely irresponsible for you to say that and I think that takes it into a personal vain that you may not want to venture down.

It's one thing to say you do or don't like Mac's show, but to say that he or anyone that you have no idea about personally has a gambling problem or any other kind of problem without the facts behind it, is baseless and asinine.

It would be the essence of someone saying you are a drunk because you talk about what a good time you and your buddies have at the bar you frequent on the weekends.

If you're drinking all the time, you're an alcoholic. If you're gambling all the time, you're a degenerate gambler.

Just because Mac is a functional gambling addict doesn't make him any less of an addict.

Take your prudish ignorance back to the set of Footloose.

I suppose you think if you say something a sufficient number of times, it becomes truth.

Last edited by good dolphin on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I preferred Duper. :wink:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm 

shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I wouldn't say I loved it, but I definitely enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised.

You seem to think I give a rat's ass what you enjoy. You said no one is entertained by a gambling addict's story. Well, I gave you one example indicating that their are some people who do find it compelling.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Take your prudish ignorance somewhere else.

I suppose you think if you say something a sufficient number of times, it becomes truth.

Prudish is a compliment GD - I would call it more "asswipedness".

I'd love to see him say that to Mac's face.

He'd go all "Chicago" on Shakes.

When you take it to a personal level, that's when you are asking for an ass kicking.

Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard, Man up like Bruce Wolf and say it to his face shakes.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:21 pm 

[quote="DegenerateDave

When you take it to a personal level, that's when you are asking for an ass kicking.

Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard, Man up like Bruce Wolf and say it to his face shakes.[/quote]

Dan would recognize there is absolutely no reason to get physical. The premises and conclusions are so far from fact based, they should just be chalked up ramblings and dismissed. The only reason I am addressing it is that he has written it in several threads over the past week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:21 pm 

It would be the essence of someone saying you are a drunk because you talk about what a good time you and your buddies have at the bar you frequent on the weekends.[/quote]

If you're drinking all the time, you're an alcoholic. If you're gambling all the time, you're a degenerate gambler.Just because Mac is a functional gambling addict doesn't make him any less of an addict.[/quote]

Take your prudish ignorance somewhere else.

I suppose you think if you say something a sufficient number of times, it becomes truth.[/quote]

Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard, Man up like Bruce Wolf and say it to his face shakes.[/quote]
Ive highlighted potential signatures from this exchange.
Youre welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
DegenerateDave wrote:

JohnKirk - why hide behind your mults? Just post as JohnKirk already damn.

It's not rocket science to deduct your writing style is exactly the same.

Dave,
I'm not sure what this "Mult" paranoia is from you, but I only have one ID here.
Maybe you guys have numerous, but I only registered once.[/quote]

So if that is true than why are you responding to my post to John Kirk while signed in as scorehead?

OOPS[/quote]

Because I read your post to 670 calling him me.

Oops...

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:23 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

So I am starting to see why you make the idiotic comments you do now - it all makes sense.

So you are telling me that if a guy goes out once a week on the weekends with his buddies and drinks and shoots pool, then he is an alcoholic?

So Mac talks about gambling for maybe a total of one hour a week and this is during football season mind you - and he goes to the window with a few hundred dollars - in your mind, that makes him a gambling addict huh?

That's a pretty big assumption for someone that has no clue of what means Mac lives by on a daily basis.

Do me a favor, why don't you go to the next remote that he's at and run your opinion by him?

I'll bet you any amount of money that Mac gambles a helluva lot more than once a week.

If you drink everyday (more than one drink) you're an alcoholic. If you gamble everyday you're a degenerate gambler. Seems pretty obvious to me.

And if you defend a guy despite his obvious faults you're a als'er.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:25 pm 

shakes wrote:
[

I'll bet you any amount of money .

An obvious addict.

Last edited by good dolphin on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:25 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
[quote="DegenerateDave

Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard, Man up like Bruce Wolf and say it to his face shakes.

Dan would recognize there is absolutely no reason to get physical. The premises and conclusions are so far from fact based, they should just be chalked up ramblings and dismissed. The only reason I am addressing it is that he has written it in several threads over the past week.[/quote]

You never know how someone is going to react when allegations are made about their lifestyles and behaviors GD. I would like to think Dan would laugh it off to the assclown that Shakes is, but something tells me he might just as likely punch him right in the suckhole and who could blame him?

I just think it's asinine, assumptive and childish. Don't like it shakes? As Stu so nicely summed up, change the fucking station.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:26 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You seem to think I give a rat's ass what you enjoy. You said no one is entertained by a gambling addict's story. Well, I gave you one example indicating that their are some people who do find it compelling.

great logic, comparing a fictional movie to a real person.

Tell me, did you like Billy Madison? Because I think we all just got dumber from having read that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
shakes wrote:
[

I'll bet you any amount of money .

An obvious addict.

Nothing gets by you :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 pm 

I don't think we could all get any dumber after having read your posts today shakes.

You my friend are a complete idiot and a hypocrit.

One of your complaints with Dan is that he tends to sit on the "high horse" to paraphrase and talks down to people. But yet you find it completely acceptable to cast dispersions on his character and personal life?

The wind must be blowing cause I see a windsock.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:31 pm 

Mustang Rob wrote:
Mac wrote:
I'm comfortable with my decision to bring in Spiegel.

This boss/employee dynamic is evident during the show, and absent this week with the guest hosts.
That's why MJH worked from the start.
Jurko & Tiny never treated Mac like their boss.

This is a great observation Mustang.
Spiegel acts like a young intern sucking up to his Boss.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:32 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:
Mac wrote:
I'm comfortable with my decision to bring in Spiegel.

This boss/employee dynamic is evident during the show, and absent this week with the guest hosts.
That's why MJH worked from the start.
Jurko & Tiny never treated Mac like their boss.

This is a great observation Mustang.
Spiegel acts like me sucking up to a glory hole.

FIXED

DegenerateDave wrote:

You never know how someone is going to react when allegations are made about their lifestyles and behaviors GD. I would like to think Dan would laugh it off to the assclown that Shakes is, but something tells me he might just as likely punch him right in the suckhole and who could blame him?

I just think it's asinine, assumptive and childish. Don't like it shakes? As Stu so nicely summed up, change the fucking station.

I think this is the first time anyone has ever been threatened by proxy over the internet.

What's next, are you gonna tell me that Mac's dog could beat up my dog?

shakes wrote:
[

great logic, comparing a fictional movie to a real person.

Tell me, did you like Billy Madison? Because I think we all just got dumber from having read that.[/quote]

A story is a story. Intervention details the real lives of addicts of all sorts. It is a popular show. The point is that people do find the stories interesting. YOU do not, but you attribute your feelings and beliefs to the rest of society. This is the height of narcissism.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm 

shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

I think this is the first time anyone has ever been threatened by proxy over the internet.

I don't know what would happen Shakes - but clearly you don't have the man sack to find out do you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm 

jackref wrote:
I can't believe I am about to defend JohnKirk... but here goes.

He changed his board name to Scorehead because he realized it is dumb to put real info in a message board handle. The thread this came to light in is buried and should stay that way. Also I don't think 670 is a mult of his - I really don't think he is that type of person. I think it is someone poking fun of him and his board stylings.

Finally a voice of reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:35 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
jackref wrote:
I can't believe I am about to defend JohnKirk... but here goes.

He changed his board name to Scorehead because he realized it is dumb to put real info in a message board handle. The thread this came to light in is buried and should stay that way. Also I don't think 670 is a mult of his - I really don't think he is that type of person. I think it is someone poking fun of him and his board stylings.

Finally a voice of reason.

It must feel so strange to hear someone speak with reason eh?

DegenerateDave wrote:
I don't think we could all get any dumber after having read your posts today shakes.

One of your complaints with Dan is that he tends to sit on the "high horse" to paraphrase and talks down to people. But yet you find it completely acceptable to cast dispersions on his character and personal life?

Link please. I'll wait patiently while you link to a single post where I've ever said that Mac sits on his high horse and talks down to people, paraphrased or not.

Nothing worse than a message board liar.

shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:36 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Didn't johnkirk just change his screen name to scorehead? :?

Maybe? I'll have to do a search.

If that's the case then technically not a mult but 670 is clearly a mult of JohnKirk, regardless.

This is exactly why I no longer wanted me real name on my login...because there are people who spend way too much time researching others...and its a bit creepy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:38 pm 

For what its worth, I just assumed your "Kirk" was after Kirk Rd.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Link please. I'll wait patiently while you link to a single post where I've ever said that Mac sits on his high horse and talks down to people, paraphrased or not.

Funny this coming from a guy who throws out gambling addict claims on a message board. Perhaps I had you confused with one of your knobbin buddies - I may have attributed it to you incorrectly and if that's the case I was wrong.

But I guess since I made a mistake, I must be a liar because I tend to make at least one mistake a day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:40 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
shakes wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

I don't know what would happen Shakes - but clearly you don't have the man sack to find out do you?

Are you really this much of a retard?

Hey mac, if this is the clown defending your honor that might be all the evidence you need to know that you aren't doing a good job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:41 pm 

shakes wrote:
[

or psychologist

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next