It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
As he could not wiggle his way out of the fact he released some bad info, he then blamed it on 'some agent that sent him a text'. Hey, Stone how about going to the Detroit GM , because YOU ARE IN DETROIT and you know the guy and ask him about the Bradley trade before you tell everyone?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Come on BF, everyone knows that since Stone was a Cubs announcer for 20 years he is off the hook.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Hell has no fury like a cub fan scorned.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
As he could not wiggle his way out of the fact he released some bad info, he then blamed it on 'some agent that sent him a text'. Hey, Stone how about going to the Detroit GM , because YOU ARE IN DETROIT and you know the guy and ask him about the Bradley trade before you tell everyone?

Stone is a thin skinned lying sack of shit always blaming others. He's perfect, everyone else has flaws.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
If you notice, every CSN and 670 commercial with Stoney has him complaining about the Cubs management.

Do you think, in a way, he is trying to sell himself to the new owners as a replacement GM by pointing out how silly Jim Hendry has been?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chris in St. Charles wrote:
If you notice, every CSN and 670 commercial with Stoney has him complaining about the Cubs management.

Do you think, in a way, he is trying to sell himself to the new owners as a replacement GM by pointing out how silly Jim Hendry has been?

- I haven't, but I'll assume you're correct.

- Um, no.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm sure that is his intention, but I doubt it will work. Actually, I think he fancies himself as something above the GM, an advisor to second guess the people with responsibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:

Great point. It was even better in the the d-bag section under Steve Stone, say... 24 hours earlier.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Odd to see Cubs fans acting like the worst type of Sox fans: thin-skinned about mild criticism from the other side of town, especially criticism of a GM most Cubs fans seem to hate.

You're in first place. Who cares what Stone thinks?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

I just listened to the podcast of Stone's time today. boy is he ever trying to step away from his bullshit over the weekend. The beauty of it all is that the new owners have seen this shit and really already know that this snot nosed, thin skinned, smarmy, arrogant, bitter POS has a world of enemies and not many friends in baseball. :lol: :lol:

BTW, I guess we can add Jim Leyland as another who doesn't think much of Stone.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2 ... d_sho.html

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Once again, the guy is paid to be a BASEBALL ANALYST, not a pseudo Sox fan who wears the silver and black only because he was kicked out of the cool kids clubhouse.

Sure he should focus on the Chicago teams, but the same topics for 4 years now????

Maybe break down Soriano since hitting 6th, maybe talk to someone who played with Bradley when he did well, instead of reading other peoples blogs and message boards and trying to pass it off as your own opinion.

It's not about being thin skinned, it's about being a terrible analyst.

I do enjoy mostly entertainment on sports radio, as you can only talk so much sports, but this is suppossed to be one of the guys that brings some good, accurate, real information to the table. Instead, we get his Cub shots, how nice the Sox lick his ass and stuff "he heard". Frank Costanza could do this job and do it better, and I am guessing he might take some shots???