It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
crosscheck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Why does meatpants think it takes "nuts" to show up to one of his events? Is there some kind of danger associated with tailgates of which I'm not aware? Or does he want to fight his critics? Are you threatening anyone in particular, meatpants? If you are, I hope you'll have the "nuts" to say so directly.

he probably just means that it would take "nuts" to show up and confront and criticize someone in person rather than over the internet...

But the only reason one would need "nuts" to do that is if there were some kind of negative consequence attached to it. Thus I am asking what that negative consequence might be.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
My nuts were in a meeting at the time.

Mine were actually in my wifes purse somewhere in Orland Park at the time, but I made it there.

Last edited by Chris_in_joliet on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:26 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Why does meatpants think it takes "nuts" to show up to one of his events? Is there some kind of danger associated with tailgates of which I'm not aware? Or does he want to fight his critics? Are you threatening anyone in particular, meatpants? If you are, I hope you'll have the "nuts" to say so directly.

he probably just means that it would take "nuts" to show up and confront and criticize someone in person rather than over the internet...

But the only reason one would need "nuts" to do that is if there were some kind of negative consequence attached to it. Thus I am asking what that negative consequence might be.

learning about the secret ingredient in the marinade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:36 pm 

EG Greg wrote:

As were mine. I suppose those of us who went to work on Friday should apologize for doing so and not showing up to a rain soaked event to suck up to "radio personalities."

I went to work Friday, as did everyone that went with me. You chose to not go and just stick to talking shit over the message board. We went and chose to eat alot of great food and drink ALOT of free beer. I think I did tell someone they sucked. Oh that was Big Fan because of his shitty ass doppler radar on his phone. I dont remember for sure as I was to busy enjoying myself, rather than worrying about shit I dont like.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:39 pm 

Friday's event -- like remotes -- is not about "sucking up." The Score always was been about being a fraternity house and I'm pleased it's going back to that direction. As for being "desperate" .... whatever. The show is more comfortable for me after months -- with on-air partner and producers -- than the last one was for two years. That show wound up being pretty well rated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Mac wrote:
Friday's event -- like remotes -- is not about "sucking up." The Score always was been about being a fraternity house and I'm pleased it's going back to that direction. As for being "desperate" .... whatever. The show is more comfortable for me after months -- with on-air partner and producers -- than the last one was for two years. That show wound up being pretty well rated.

This is a very interesting point. Do you think the station will be able to succeed in recasting its identity given the hatred B&B display for their audience on a routine basis?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:50 pm 

Hatred is too strong a word. Terry and Dan are less tolerant of mopes than most shows... and while that is not well received by all... it is a big part of their appeal. B&B are not jagoffs and I've seen evidence of this at their remotes, Bernsie, in particular, was over-the-top gracious to listeners and sponsors at the show I did with him on the West Side before I was hired.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 pm 

I guess I still didn't answer your question, Tall Midget. Lemme give it a bit more thought.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
Hatred is too strong a word. Terry and Dan are less tolerant of mopes than most shows... and while that is not well received by all... it is a big part of their appeal. B&B are not jagoffs and I've seen evidence of this at their remotes, Bernsie, in particular, was over-the-top gracious to listeners and sponsors at the show I did with him on the West Side before I was hired.

I think you and Slappy might tend to differ today as Bernstein is calling hockey fans raciest again . :lol: They have their moments Mac and I get their show and Bernsteins dickish ways with callers is ok with me as I like when you get edgy at times and the remotes they have done up by ME, Bernstein will not make much of an effort to say hi to you and again Im fine with that .

Sorry I missed Friday as I did get reports you out did yourself with this one. Im sure my grill would have come in handy Friday. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Magnus Buchan wrote:
Meatpants is just as desperate as his partner. You guys stink of desperation as you begin to understand what the rest of us know....this show is not working.

The ALS has become a mutual ALS, a circle jerk if you will, a 69, as Meaty Mac try to hold onto and ingratiate themselves to the few fans they have. Looking forward to seeing what the ratings have to say....should tell the story.

How many monikers does Jurko have now?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

A ringing endorsement from a B&B remote attendie.... Go to Harry Caryes remote who needs 2. Very funny

http://www.670thescore.com/pages/3569911.php

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
link fail! :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
EG Greg wrote:

As were mine. I suppose those of us who went to work on Friday should apologize for doing so and not showing up to a rain soaked event to suck up to "radio personalities."

Once I met Mitch Rosen and chatted with him, meeting "the help" just didn't compare.

Spiegs sporting a boring t-shirt in the NASCAR font really movitived me to not chat him up.

Kerry Sayers was much better in person than seen on TV. I blame the cheap chairs and bad lighting at the SportsChannel.

The highlight was hearing David Schuster telling Sayers and some tall dude that looked like Jerry Angelo that not many listeners know that Terry Boers does a lot of shows from his house.
(You're right Shue, we don't)

Last edited by donspiracy on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
donspiracy wrote:
The highlight was hearing David Schuster telling Sayers and some tall dude that looked like Jerry Angelo that not many listeners know that Terry Boers does a lot of shows form his house.

:lol:

Next thing he'll tell us is that Dan Bernstein thinks he is always right...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
STU-GOTZ wrote:
EG Greg wrote:

So the Berwyn drive thru at the Mcdonalds would of been short a person for the day Gregg, so who cares you should of came out anyway as Mayor Mcheese could of filled in while you were at the cell.

You're hilarious. It is ok every once in a while to not fall in line with your hero? The name is Greg, one g not two gg's. Did you use Berwyn because thats the town Mac made fun of when going after someone last week? Get some original material if you are going to try to be funny.

Secondarily even if I was not working, I would rather spend time with my family or my real friends. I post on the message board periodically for fun, its not an all consuming entity to me.

It really is amazing, I listen to the show from time to time and when I am in anyway critical of a stance taken the same tired crowd comes racing to its defense. I failed to grasp the reasoning of placing the "those of you with nuts" comment in Meatpants' comment and said so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
EG Greg wrote:

I went to work Friday, as did everyone that went with me. You chose to not go and just stick to talking shit over the message board. We went and chose to eat alot of great food and drink ALOT of free beer. I think I did tell someone they sucked. Oh that was Big Fan because of his shitty ass doppler radar on his phone. I dont remember for sure as I was to busy enjoying myself, rather than worrying about shit I dont like.

Who the fuck are you?

Should you care (I dont) I have been pretty complimentary of Mac and his shows over time here. God forbid I have an against the grain opinion on a new show that needs some work, IN MY OPINION.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:28 pm 

Im Chris In Joliet. I thought me posting my name on here and where I live gave that away. Guess not

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
You're hilarious. It is ok every once in a while to not fall in line with your hero? The name is Greg, one g not two gg's. Did you use Berwyn because thats the town Mac made fun of when going after someone last week? Get some original material if you are going to try to be funny.

Secondarily even if I was not working, I would rather spend time with my family or my real friends. I post on the message board periodically for fun, its not an all consuming entity to me.

It really is amazing, I listen to the show from time to time and when I am in anyway critical of a stance taken the same tired crowd comes racing to its defense. I failed to grasp the reasoning of placing the "those of you with nuts" comment in Meatpants' comment and said so.
[/quote][/quote] Well when you come off as a smarmy prick you should expect abuse GreGG. Yeah , I guess I could of used the Kenilworth McDonalds but I understand you have to have a college degree to work there and you were under-quailfyied for the position there.

Im sure you're family was thrilled you stayed home with them Friday and the folks at the tailgate thank you for it . People commented on what a great time it was and you want to play douchebag and make dumbass cracks that's fine but don't get all pissy WHEN some of us call you out on it for being a prick GreGG.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
[
Quote:

[/quote] Well when you come off as a smarmy prick you should expect abuse GreGG. Yeah , I guess I could of used the Kenilworth McDonalds but I understand you have to have a college degree to work there and you were under-quailfyied for the position there.

Im sure you're family was thrilled you stayed home with them Friday and the folks at the tailgate thank you for it . People commented on what a great time it was and you want to play douchebag and make dumbass cracks that's fine but don't get all pissy WHEN some of us call you out on it for being a prick GreGG.[/quote]

Boy would I love to see what kind of save-the-world type job you hold to keep making these fantastic McD's cracks. I'm not sure how I come off as a smarmy prick when I ask why Meatpants says "have the nuts to come meet us."

I'm sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, but then again we do know that its all Mac all the time in your world. Do you have a special sensor that informs you when his balls are dry? You sure seem to come running to the rescue with your mouth wide open ready to lather them up for him. The worst part is, I know that they arent asking you to take up their cause. If either of them wanted to say something to me, they would. If I was addressing you, you would have known by my greeting: attention Mac's ball licking puppy dog. Since I wasn't, feel free to ignore me and go about your very important day curing cancer or splitting the neuron. Meanwhile, I'm going back to the grill, I think we just got a bus load in with a bunch of redneck hillbillies from NW Indiana.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
EG Greg wrote:
I'm not sure how I come off as a smarmy prick

EG Greg wrote:
Who the fuck are you?

Phrases like that usually do the trick.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 am 
1000 CLUB

this thread got really strange. don't worry greg with 2 g's not 3.
there was no chance in hell i was going to waste 2.5 hours in traffic to stand in the rain either...regardless of how free the beer and food was.
I don't drive 2.5 hours for pussy. let alone a bunch of wet dudes.
sounded like fun though. if it was 10 stop on the L, I would have been there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
doug - evergreen park wrote:

Please remind me of this the next time there is a remote at Durty Nellies on a Friday (I know you and Beef were just wet for Tommy Zbikowski :P ).

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:

Please remind me of this the next time there is a remote at Durty Nellies on a Friday (I know you and Beef were just wet for Tommy Zbikowski :P ).

yeah, that was just ridiculous on your part.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
Who won the wet t-shirt contest, K Sayers or Meatpants?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:20 pm 

Meatpants won "The Best T-Shirt" contest.
Mine came in second, IMO. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I won the best black guy at the event.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:22 pm 

spmack wrote:

Did you say black or bleck?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 pm 

spmack wrote:

The others guys didnt count as they worked there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Nancy's
donspiracy wrote:
EG Greg wrote:

Once I met Mitch Rosen and chatted with him, meeting "the help" just didn't compare.

Spiegs sporting a boring t-shirt in the NASCAR font really movitived me to not chat him up.

Kerry Sayers was much better in person than seen on TV. I blame the cheap chairs and bad lighting at the SportsChannel.

The highlight was hearing David Schuster telling Sayers and some tall dude that looked like Jerry Angelo that not many listeners know that Terry Boers does a lot of shows from his house.

How appropriate. Spiegel wearing a shirt that says "BORING"!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Funny you would figure that, Kirk.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next