It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: July ratings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

The show has improved from week to week and Mac has had the chains taken off as he can be a little more "BLUE" if you will, with his comments than he was able to do at am 1000. I will also say I miss the Silvy and Waddle show as most of you would guess I have my radio on to 670 in that time slot.

I don't know if S&W were all that over the top as hosts but I don't think there was any show in the city better produced than their show. It has a great mixture of outstanding guest , solid callers and they both are very comfortable with each other and it comes thru on the radio. I wish they were in a different time slot but I do sample the podcast and keep up them as much as I can.

I really have not tuned in to the Saloon in a while either but I have gotten back with Boers and Bernstein of late and that's a show I used to enjoy and they are pulling me back in of late as Im enjoying what they have had to offer as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
crosscheck wrote:
if that woman is still alive she should talk to rickey henderson

:lol: Good one Crosscheck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Slap Shot ED wrote:
The show has improved from week to week and Mac has had the chains taken off as he can be a little more "BLUE" if you will, with his comments than he was able to do at am 1000. I will also say I miss the Silvy and Waddle show as most of you would guess I have my radio on to 670 in that time slot.

I don't know if S&W were all that over the top as hosts but I don't think there was any show in the city better produced than their show. It has a great mixture of outstanding guest , solid callers and they both are very comfortable with each other and it comes thru on the radio. I wish they were in a different time slot but I do sample the podcast and keep up them as much as I can.

I really have not tuned in to the Saloon in a while either but I have gotten back with Boers and Bernstein of late and that's a show I used to enjoy and they are pulling me back in of late as Im enjoying what they have had to offer as well.

Ed - well said. S & W filled a need in that timeslot that was just gawd awful before they took over the scene and once they got comfortable, they have owned it - no doubt about it. It's a good show and it's hard to find area to criticize. Silvy seems to take himself less seriously as well - which I think was always the trouble with him paired with Carm - they reminded me of the Golden Girls.

I'm hoping that Mac and Meat can get to that point - but if I am going to be brutally honest and step outside of the Mac fan club for a second - it's a tall tall order...

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:
Enjoy, Magnus and Gloopy.... but it's a month... not a book. And if we go on to lose the summer book, I'll tip my cap to Silvy and Waddle. I said last summer Silvy and Waddle have the best show on in the city and I wasn't being a hand job when I said it. They're good. And they're one of Jim Pastor's few good moves in six years... that's why it'll so much fun to scrape them off my shoes.

By the way, I'm on 9-1... not 10-3. Assume whatever you please if it gets your rocks off. Great track from "Exile."

Well, that's the only time in recent memory that you haven't been a hand job.

Mark my words. With meatpants as your partner, you will NEVER beat them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
I'm more shocked that B&B look to have such poor numbers. How can you be losing to the CJH show?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
EG Greg wrote:
I'm more shocked that B&B look to have such poor numbers. How can you be losing to the CJH show?

I think their program has become a niche show - I think their brand of humor have alienated a fair number of people, but that's just my opinion. I like their sarcastic wit and treatment of meatball callers, but it doesn't sell for everyone.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
EG Greg wrote:

That is a great question. B&B should be double the ratings of CJH...they may make it there. The fact that S&W has nearly double the ratings of Mac & Cheese is hard to fathom. I find both a tough listen and frankly, if pushed, would rather listen to Mac but since I'm not forced I listen to Dennis Miller instead...checking in occassionally to hear if things are improving with Mac. Hard to believe that with all the press regarding his return Mac got killed by S&W. He may be scraping the crap off of his shows from his job as a dogwalker if this doesn't change...and I don't hear anything about big changes. First thing you do....toss out the meat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Magnus Buchan wrote:
EG Greg wrote:

That is a great question. B&B should be double the ratings of CJH...they may make it there. The fact that S&W has nearly double the ratings of Mac & Cheese is hard to fathom. I find both a tough listen and frankly, if pushed, would rather listen to Mac but since I'm not forced I listen to Dennis Miller instead...checking in occassionally to hear if things are improving with Mac. Hard to believe that with all the press regarding his return Mac got killed by S&W. He may be scraping the crap off of his shows from his job as a dogwalker if this doesn't change...and I don't hear anything about big changes. First thing you do....toss out the meat.

Another one of of Sid's /Gloops/Jurkos asshat, douchebag mults!! Ok, were supposed to be fooled by this one... :oops:

Fagnus Fuchan asshole is the goods. Change your moniker to that as you'll get more attention that way. :lol: :oops: :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac wrote:
Enjoy, Magnus and Gloopy.... but it's a month... not a book. And if we go on to lose the summer book, I'll tip my cap to Silvy and Waddle. I said last summer Silvy and Waddle have the best show on in the city and I wasn't being a hand job when I said it. They're good. And they're one of Jim Pastor's few good moves in six years... that's why it'll so much fun to scrape them off my shoes.

By the way, I'm on 9-1... not 10-3. Assume whatever you please if it gets your rocks off. Great track from "Exile."

Well, that's the only time in recent memory that you haven't been a hand job.

Thats true especially since Silverman is a RADIO legend with theeeee best VOICE in radio... :lol:
Actually Wadle is more iritating then Silverman and thats saying a LOT!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm 

If you look up Sports radio host NERD the picture you will see is Silverman and Kaplans.......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
You know those letters ESPN help gather the average fan-it's like people who buy KC Masterpeice or Open Pit Bar B Q sauce

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:18 pm 

Silvy and Waddle didn't "kill" anybody. It's a month. The book is based on three months. And if I do get killed.... it wouldn't be the first time. Christ, it'd sink my winning percentage head-to-head vs. "the other" sports station to a lame .825 or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:36 pm 

Middays is like midget wrestling anyhow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm 

Mac wrote:
Silvy and Waddle didn't "kill" anybody. It's a month. The book is based on three months. And if I do get killed.... it wouldn't be the first time. Christ, it'd sink my winning percentage head-to-head vs. "the other" sports station to a lame .825 or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:46 pm 

Mac wrote:

There is no I in team Mackeyfish.

I don't know how you did it, but you've convinced SCR that you are a #1 guy and can carry a lightweight like meatpants. You've been on successfull teams in the past, mainly when you had someone there to call you out when you were being a douche. You are a decent "partner" but certainly no leading man. This show will ultimately prove to the radio world that this is true.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Mac wrote:

You're right, they didn't kill just anybody...they killed you. Come on Mac, all that press and promotion about you going to the Score and all you get is this tiny ratings fart.

You know what this means...so which is it? Has Meat got to go?...or will you be whining for the afternoon head to head with CJH? You know you're thinking about both but the question is...which one will it be? :?:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:47 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac wrote:

I don't know how you did it, but you've convinced SCR that you are a #1 guy and can carry a lightweight like meatpants. You've been on successfull teams in the past, mainly when you had someone there to call you out when you were being a douche. You are a decent "partner" but certainly no leading man. This show will ultimately prove to the radio world that this is true.

Wow, you really are Jurko, aren't you?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 pm 
RFDC wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac wrote:

Wow, you really are Jurko, aren't you?

Best part is you know these puds listen to the show considering the commentary they give. And then get off by flashing their epeens to a host who they refuse to admit goes above and beyond with the access he gives his listeners on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

The ratings seem to show that a lot of people have taken Mac's advice and

PTFB :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:06 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
I loved MJH through the years, and it was MJH that brought me back as a listener to the AM 1000 signal back in late 2002, early 2003. If I remember correctly, MJH were not that popular for the first couple of years and were getting beat by Jiggets and Buffone for a while, and even North and Buffone. It takes time to build a brand. Most of us meat heads who pay more attention to sports radio obviously follow the trends and know where each host is. The more casual person probably just listens to a show without much care who the host is.

I'm not a Danny Mac ass kisser. He pisses me off sometimes when I listen to him, but I don't hate him. He made my afternoons for the last year years. While I don't particularly find the current Danny Mac show to be the best thing in the world, it's not a bad listen... not even close. It's a good radio show and far far better than Murph, Holmes and Hamptom, etc., and is world's better than Salisbury and Rosenbloom, Jiggets and North, etc. It's a solid radio show and things are not going to be exactly the way you want them. Let Mac and Meatpants do what they do. The ratings will speak for themselves in a few months... if the ratings stink then, then rip all over Mac you want. Yes, the ratings now probably should had been a bit higher, even if it only covered a month, but I'll give Mac the benefit of the doubt now.

I have no doubt the Mac and W&S will be a close race in the coming months. I've been a huge fan of Silverman through the years and wish him nothing but the best. Same with Mac. May the better show win.

And Mac, I hope your wanting to kick Silvy's ass is just business and not personal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Score is doomed wrote:
The ratings seem to show that a lot of people have taken Mac's advice and

PTFB :lol:

I was a daily listener until he told me not to. Sorry to keep bringing it up but you can't tell your fans to go fuck themselves.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm not an over the top Mcneil listner and I have taken Dan to task on subjects on his shows and about his rift with Harry which I find childish but I find it very creppy at the morons on this board who want to post just the same old dumb thoughts right after Dan makes a comment . You know who you are and to repeat the same comments and then make up a new "Creep" to make the same lame comments is just a really sad statement of how some need attention here.

The 3 morons who do their daily "Bash Dan" , which I'm sure is one very lonley and sad guy as I think it's one individual here who feels he needs Dan's attention. It turns me off as a poster we have garbage like this on here. Challenge yourself and bring something worth responding to and or be creative with your comments because the child like torts are just that 'Childlike' !! We have some very talented people here and I enjoy most of you but the coments just get old and leave me thinking there is a guy who needs to get help and get a life.

My post is not to defend Dan as more over to defend the folks on the board who bring great posts and musings we all want to read.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
I'm not an over the top Mcneil listner and I have taken Dan to task on subjects on his shows and about his rift with Harry which I find childish but I find it very creppy at the morons on this board who want to post just the same old dumb thoughts right after Dan makes a comment . You know who you are and to repeat the same comments and then make up a new "Creep" to make the same lame comments is just a really sad statement of how some need attention here.

The 3 morons who do their daily "Bash Dan" , which I'm sure is one very lonley and sad guy as I think it's one individual here who feels he needs Dan's attention. It turns me off as a poster we have garbage like this on here. Challenge yourself and bring something worth responding to and or be creative with your comments because the child like torts are just that 'Childlike' !! We have some very talented people here and I enjoy most of you but the coments just get old and leave me thinking there is a guy who needs to get help and get a life.

My post is not to defend Dan as more over to defend the folks on the board who bring great posts and musings we all want to read.

Unlike this post

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

Unlike this post

Perfect example of the creeps I refer too. Glad you wasted your time to give us that .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Perfect example of the creeps I refer too. Glad you wasted your time to give us that .[/quote]

To the point unlike the crap you wrote that could have been summed up...I kiss Macs ass

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:40 pm 

THE WIND SOCK wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don't worry Sock , the two Board-ass snifers that posted after you are the same guy two. 8) All you douches need to get lifes already what pussy bickering ..Mac is eating all this up. A bunch of ass licks and ass ponders talking about him daily.................... :roll:

As long as you talk about him that's all he cares about .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:02 pm 

bigfan wrote:
RATINGS ARE FLAWED! A Self Proclaimed Great Businessman Once said.

a typical mac ass kisser!! also a board moderator......go figure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next