It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Frontman wrote:
But back to Mac (which is what the thread was originally about) I think Mac needs to play to his own strengths; and really focus on tightening up the show. He's got potential; but he also damages himself with just how much Meatpants drives the show (and drives it completely off topic, which Mac does well enough on his own.) One or the other has to be the one keeping the show on the tracks. When both go off in various directions; it just is a mess.

Right, you've hit on something salient. In MJH, you had one driver, but you also had two cohosts who didn't contribute as much on the air as you'd like. So it was Mac and half-asleep Harry, fully-asleep Jurko. I thought at the time that making one of them drive from time to time might keep them engaged. Plus it keeps Mac from sounding too much like the whole damned show (thank you, RVD.)

Fast forward to now, and you got two drivers. In theory, "drivership" can switch hands silently during the show (to keep one guy from sounding snappish all the time.) Sounds like a balancing act, and one that's not completely worked out, yet.

I think some weekly segments would be good. They might be crutches, but they have their uses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:40 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
No Murph means I no longer listen to the Noon Business Hour on BBM.

I'm out of the loop business-news wise, but I no longer have to PTFB.

A straight SCR listen all day. Good times.

Fans, the Noon Business Hour is an hour of business and stock market discussion on our own local WBBM radio, news radio 780. :P

Peoria Matt, Mac is great, but do not abandon the Noon Business Hour! Heaven knows there are *more* than enough commercials in the NBH to still catch most of Mac in that hour. I've never bothered to draw up the NBH wheel, but I think the show amounts to 5 segments of about 4 minutes each. Hell it doesn't seem to even start until 11 after the hour. Then considering commercials, traffic, weather, and the redundant market updates at :25 and :55, it's gotta come out to just 20 minutes of content. But you gotta tune in - you never know when Howard Davidowitz will pop in!

I kid but they actually do a good show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 am 

pizza_Place: Carmines NYC
Yeah,and maybe Sylvia Plath was just cold... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:11 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Mind Grapes wrote:
Yeah,and maybe Sylvia Plath was just cold... :wink:
Man, breaking out the literary reference on a sports board. Are you Dennis Miller?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:35 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
24_Guy wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
No Murph means I no longer listen to the Noon Business Hour on BBM.

I'm out of the loop business-news wise, but I no longer have to PTFB.

A straight SCR listen all day. Good times.

Fans, the Noon Business Hour is an hour of business and stock market discussion on our own local WBBM radio, news radio 780. :P

Peoria Matt, Mac is great, but do not abandon the Noon Business Hour! Heaven knows there are *more* than enough commercials in the NBH to still catch most of Mac in that hour. I've never bothered to draw up the NBH wheel, but I think the show amounts to 5 segments of about 4 minutes each. Hell it doesn't seem to even start until 11 after the hour. Then considering commercials, traffic, weather, and the redundant market updates at :25 and :55, it's gotta come out to just 20 minutes of content. But you gotta tune in - you never know when Howard Davidowitz will pop in!

I kid but they actually do a good show.

Agreed 24....there's a lot of good info there if you can wade through the ads....and I liked your SHARK imitation with the first line of your post.