It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let me call STONE OUT
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Considering nobody on the air has the nads to call out Stone, here ya go!

Stone claims he spoke to Lou this year and Lou said you cant manage like you used to, because of todays players.

Stone then claimed he went to Bobby Cox and told him what Lou said, which then Bobby Cox responded with an explative. (I won't even get into Stone playing the role of the little girl of "guess what Lou said")

I would love to know when Steve Stone went to see Bobby Cox to ask him this? or did he call him? or is he just assuming what Bobby Cox would do?

I don't doubt that it is exactly what Cox would say, but then again he has earned the trust and backing of ownership to sit anyone down at anytime.

I do doubt that Stone actually contacted Cox about this topic.

BTW- I must have missed the time this year the Sox played the Braves? or when Cox was at the All Star game? or when the Florida based spring training Braves came to AZ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:18 am 

BigFan...you complain about this pretty often...you're a man with connections...arrange a sit down with stone...or call in...i wanna see you take this thing all the way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 am 

That is why this message board exists. In case you missed it, most people complain on here?

I have called and been put on hold with a 'We will get you on when we can". No I didn't say who I was, or exactly what I wished to discuss, but I did wait 5 minutes, then they went to commercials and I hung up (I do have a job)

Not like I expect Stone to stop now, but he has turned into a terrible baseball analyst as well. When he was not working for a team, he could watch all the games and actually gave a great account of what was going on in the league, now it is taking shots at the Cubs and a few "I talked to some people", because "I didn't see the game"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Well, that's the stupidity of hiring him for that role. Its hard for him to watch Cub games, and he can't pound on the Sox much. Its like trying to get Farmer to say something during the pregame show. By definition, it won't happen...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 pm 

Beebo wrote:
Well, that's the stupidity of hiring him for that role. Its hard for him to watch Cub games, and he can't pound on the Sox much. Its like trying to get Farmer to say something during the pregame show. By definition, it won't happen...

The problem with Farmer is he doesnt SHUT-UP ever................

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 pm 

bigfan wrote:
That is why this message board exists. In case you missed it, most people complain on here?

I was under the impression that this message board existed so STU-GOTZ could hunt "douchebags".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:01 pm 

That is the other purpose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Stone ought to shut his mouth about the Cubs....ripping Zambrano in particular...and MARVEL at Kenny's double fisted waste of millions.....DOTEL AND LINEBRINK!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

Stone claims he spoke to Lou this year and Lou said you cant manage like you used to, because of todays players.

Stone then claimed he went to Bobby Cox and told him what Lou said, which then Bobby Cox responded with an explative. (I won't even get into Stone playing the role of the little girl of "guess what Lou said")

I would love to know when Steve Stone went to see Bobby Cox to ask him this? or did he call him? or is he just assuming what Bobby Cox would do?

I don't doubt that it is exactly what Cox would say, but then again he has earned the trust and backing of ownership to sit anyone down at anytime.

BTW- I must have missed the time this year the Sox played the Braves? or when Cox was at the All Star game? or when the Florida based spring training Braves came to AZ?

Stone makes up stuff all the time. One of the funnier ones was when he claimed he was going to be GM of the Braves if John Scheurholtz (?) didn't take the job. Last winter he told Kaplan he would never trade Josh Vitters for Peavy, because he was such a stud, even though he had NEVER seen him play. Stoney has a little trouble separating his imaginary conversations from reality.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
TheSerb wrote:
Beebo wrote:

The problem with Farmer is he doesnt SHUT-UP ever................

Okay, get him to say something USEFUL: mayhap something critical or analytical. It's not his role to diss the team. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Stone ought to shut his mouth about the Cubs....
Yeah, I'm getting tired of him continually saying that the Cubs have the most talent in the division and should easily win it.
Honestly, some Cub fans are so thin-skinned & petty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Yeah, I'm getting tired of him continually saying that the Cubs have the most talent in the division and should easily win it.

If you're a Sox fan...thats up for post of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:40 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Given the grandiose heading you gave this thread I must admit to being a little disappointed in the premise...pure unsubstantiated conjecture.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

If you're a Sox fan...thats up for post of the year.
I am a Sox fan. However, I would describe most of us as self-loathing rather than thin-skinned. All we do is complain and expect the worst. Many Cub fans only want to hear their team praised. The much derided Joe Cowley called the Sox a mediocre team in a mediocre division on B&B yesterday and I could only agree with him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 am 

Wrong! I do not want my team praised when they do not deserve it! I actually think that is what the Sox fans want! They take 2/3 from KC then 2/3 from Cleveland and talk about "Turning it around", as when the Cub sweep Pitt, I really dont care. It is what they should easily do. I and most C ub fans do not take beating Pitt and Houston as a sign of good things.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 am 

bigfan wrote:
Wrong! I do not want my team praised when they do not deserve it! I actually think that is what the Sox fans want! They take 2/3 from KC then 2/3 from Cleveland and talk about "Turning it around", as when the Cub sweep Pitt, I really dont care. It is what they should easily do. I and most C ub fans do not take beating Pitt and Houston as a sign of good things.

I know one Sox Fan who is not impressed with this season or Divisional "Race".

I also know many Sox Fans who can't stand Hawk Harrelson.

The Sox will probably return from the road trip in a 3rd place spot they richly deserve.

Reinsdorf's playoff invoice for 3 grand is on top of my shredder...only intact because some folks in my ticket group are waiting...for what, I don't know.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 am 

The Sox will probably return from the road trip in a 3rd place spot they richly deserve.

Reinsdorf's playoff invoice for 3 grand is on top of my shredder...only intact because some folks in my ticket group are waiting...for what, I don't know.

You sound a bit aggravated...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:33 am 

Honestly, some Cub fans are so thin-skinned & petty.[/quote]
If you're a Sox fan...thats up for post of the year.[/quote]I am a Sox fan. However, I would describe most of us as self-loathing rather than thin-skinned. All we do is complain and expect the worst. Many Cub fans only want to hear their team praised. The much derided Joe Cowley called the Sox a mediocre team in a mediocre division on B&B yesterday and I could only agree with him.[/quote]

Zippy, you have nailed this one!
And I'd rather be a self loathing Sox Fan than some defensive Cub Fan any day.
Half of the "hopeful" Cub Fan nonsense can be blamed on WGN RADIO for dumbing them down for generations.
Yesterday I was hitting buttons on the car radio and caught that moron Jim Memolo talking like an injured team that has played like crap all season long was somehow still in some sort of competition with the Cardinals.
IT'S GONNA HAPPEN :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 am 

Douchebag wrote:

You sound a bit aggravated...

Monday morning and a lifelong Sox Fan....that's the territory :lol: !!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Steve Stone is like the guy or girl who's been dumped and constantly has to hear or answer questions about the ex.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Steve Stone is like the guy or girl who's been dumped and constantly has to hear or answer questions about the ex.

Yeah, Stone is the Jennifer Aniston of major league baseball.

Gee, I wonder what ElmhurstSteve thinks about this...NOT!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm 

Stone ought to shut his mouth about the Cubs....ripping Zambrano in particular...and MARVEL at Kenny's double fisted waste of millions.....DOTEL AND LINEBRINK!!!!!

Let see Dotel 6 mil and Linbrink 19 mil..........Yup that equals Zambranos 91 mil.......What the fuck are you talking about?