It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: ElmhurstSteve
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:25 pm 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
Rick - Was my suspicion about Steve warranted?

No. The odds that his password was stolen are so small that they aren't worth mentioning.

Chris- Did your cat accidentally jump on the keyboard which randomly happened to type up this last post, and then he hit submit? After all, your cat could have randomly typed this. It is possible after all. I'll wait until I get "more facts" that your cat didn't in fact type this post before thinking you did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Wait a minute ... am I completely misreading or does Chris actually believe ES was joking?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Don Tiny wrote:
Wait a minute ... am I completely misreading or does Chris actually believe ES was joking?

I don't think Chris thinks that. I think Chris was just giving Steve the benefit of the doubt until all the facts were clear.

Honestly the abrupt change in attitude with Steve did shock me too and I wondered if indeed this was the same guy - for a brief moment. Once it was clear that it was the same guy, it was hammer time.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with Chris being late to the party - but for the record Chris, you DO think NOW that this was Steve and you are as appalled as the rest of us correct?

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
there is always a modicum of believed truth buried within any "joke"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
DegenerateDave wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I don't think Chris thinks that. I think Chris was just giving Steve the benefit of the doubt until all the facts were clear.

Honestly the abrupt change in attitude with Steve did shock me too and I wondered if indeed this was the same guy - for a brief moment. Once it was clear that it was the same guy, it was hammer time.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with Chris being late to the party - but for the record Chris, you DO think NOW that this was Steve and you are as appalled as the rest of us correct?

I know Steve actually posted everything. But my understanding at this point, which apparently might be incorrect... was that Steve was put up to this to win a steak dinner from a friend. From what I read from Steve, this was all a 'joke.'

Again, maybe I missed something.

P.S. And yes Doug, even if it's a joke I still think there is some truth in there. Either way, the guy is a DB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:40 pm 

Steve in Elmhurst wrote:

Enough votes are in to say "enough is enough"... this past Monday, we had a fantasy football draft at my best friend Rich's home. At the draft we were waiting for a couple guys who were running late to start the draft. I happened to bring up this site in conversation and I logged onto it. He was particularly amused by the DB section and bet me dinner at Gibsons for ourselves and our spouses that I couldn't get named DB of the week. I wasn't sure how to approach it...start a feud with someone that was ridiculous, what. Then there was this thread...perfect. I started out with the self-love stuff, but wasn't at all sure that was going to win the bet, so I pulled the racist crap out of thin air and presto!!! Worked very well. I was counting on more vitriol from NAS and instead got respect for the honesty he perceived in the posts. I didn't expect the support I got from some early, as I thought the posts were hard to defend. So I had to work a bit harder. But I'll be dining on bone-in Ribeye tomorrow night, thanks to the board. I am sorry if there were people who were genuinely offended, but I got a bit caught up in the whole thing. It wasn't so much about getting the free dinner, as about taking the challenge and winning the bet. I hope there are not too many hard feelings.

On the bright side, this whole thing inspired a great deal of inspired conversation and got things hopping around here. By the way...my ex wife's sister is married to a black guy (His name is Tony and we are still friends) I stood up for their wedding and am Godfather to their Son Nick, who I still see at least once a month. Thanks for the dinner guys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:44 pm 

You may be the most gullible person on this board Chris.

Congratulations Steve. You found someone who bought your BS story.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I guess I'm guilty. Ouch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't have the words, and I've got quite a few.

I give up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I give up.

I know, I know. I embarrassed, trust me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Steve in Elmhurst wrote:

Enough votes are in to say "enough is enough"... this past Monday, we had a fantasy football draft at my best friend Rich's home. At the draft we were waiting for a couple guys who were running late to start the draft. I happened to bring up this site in conversation and I logged onto it. He was particularly amused by the DB section and bet me dinner at Gibsons for ourselves and our spouses that I couldn't get named DB of the week. I wasn't sure how to approach it...start a feud with someone that was ridiculous, what. Then there was this thread...perfect. I started out with the self-love stuff, but wasn't at all sure that was going to win the bet, so I pulled the racist crap out of thin air and presto!!! Worked very well. I was counting on more vitriol from NAS and instead got respect for the honesty he perceived in the posts. I didn't expect the support I got from some early, as I thought the posts were hard to defend. So I had to work a bit harder. But I'll be dining on bone-in Ribeye tomorrow night, thanks to the board. I am sorry if there were people who were genuinely offended, but I got a bit caught up in the whole thing. It wasn't so much about getting the free dinner, as about taking the challenge and winning the bet. I hope there are not too many hard feelings.

On the bright side, this whole thing inspired a great deal of inspired conversation and got things hopping around here. By the way...my ex wife's sister is married to a black guy (His name is Tony and we are still friends) I stood up for their wedding and am Godfather to their Son Nick, who I still see at least once a month. Thanks for the dinner guys

If I might borrow from Don Tiny for one moment....

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:39 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

I give up.

I know, I know. I embarrassed, trust me.

Oh, wait .... you've moved past that?
(or am I gullible and are you instead being a pee-pee?)

/really can't tell
//sleepy, old, crotchety
///lawn, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:54 pm 

BULLSHIT
BULLSHIT
BULLSHIT

BULLSHIT
BULLSHIT
BULLSHIT

BULLSHIT
BULLSHIT
BULLSHIT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
doug - evergreen park wrote:
they were hypothesis....not theories. :wink:

hy⋅poth⋅e⋅sis  /haɪˈpɒθəsɪs, hɪ-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hahy-poth-uh-sis, hi-] Show IPA
Use hypothesis in a Sentence
–noun, plural -ses  /-ˌsiz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [-seez] Show IPA . 1. a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
2. a proposition assumed as a premise in an argument.
3. the antecedent of a conditional proposition.
4. a mere assumption or guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1590–1600; < Gk hypóthesis basis, supposition. See hypo-, thesis

Related forms:

hy⋅poth⋅e⋅sist, noun

Synonyms:
1. See theory

You are both right. They are synonymous. Although you used hypothesis (it is hypothesises) as a singlular version where theories was the pluralized version. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
The question is (under a bold assumption that the steak dinner boom story is true) whether spewing the kind of garbage he spewed here last couple days is justifiable considering the trophy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:18 pm 

My Coach Vinny wrote:
The question is (under a bold assumption that the steak dinner boom story is true) whether spewing the kind of garbage he spewed here last couple days is justifiable considering the trophy.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

they are not synonyms! :|

anyway, yeah...what Coach said.
I vote no.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
doug - evergreen park wrote:
they are not synonyms! :|

anyway, yeah...what Coach said.
I vote no.

What do I know, I was just pulling that definition from dictionary.com. I was into math anyways. :eye:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
You're still a shitty painter, Steve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

my reference is science. i was always taught that "it" went: hypothesis -> theory -> Law.

:bom:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
I think Steve realized he was trashing his brand in the eyes of the show hosts and pulled a 180.

He may be a douche, but he's no dummy. If this story were true he would have covered his tracks and PM'd someone first. He knows this board as well as anyone and knows that a cover story like that won't fly here, particularly if you are over the top rude and insulting.

Also, I don't believe a normal, socially adjusted person has it within them to type some of the words he authored. There's something there.

No hard on, Dave. I just think you're funny. I didn't not respond to a PM from you. Check your Sent box.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 pm 

the whole premise of his story is wrong, the dumb call he made started it. was the call part of his elaborate plan? and his timeline is off too he said it was monday...i cant believe this fuckn guy was a cop :shock: oh and degen thanks for another mention...do you have an "rpb" button on your keyboard? :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:45 pm 

and that he has friends is hard to believe as well

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Ryno's Wife wrote:
My Coach Vinny wrote:

Exactly.

Hey guys, I'm going to "act" like I'm self important and use my racial theories to upset people. If it was, or wasn't a bit, you suck. I tricked you all and my friends are paying for me at the Ponderosa, says Steve from Elmhurst! He got you all good, ha ha.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I kinda believe him. Mostly because I can't believe that anybody would have those thoughts and post them.

Whether they were real or not he is a gigantic douchebag and the fact that he did not recognize this before hitting submit and doesn't now is pitiful.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
this is something that was very limited to a small group of people, who apparently can't take a joke very well.

Please explain this statement.

This board is made up of a very small group of people that really posts regularly. It comprises maybe 1/10th of 1 percent of the radio listeners for ESPN or the Score. Of all the people I know that listen to sports radio regularly (and thats a fair number) nobody else ever visits this site. If I were to have esposed the thoughts that I did in the ruse I propagated on the radio, rather than here, it would posed real problems. But here, it really doesn't. I understand how some people might be upset about being manipulated as it were, but get over it already.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Why propagate them at all? I'd really like for you to get over your stupidity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:46 pm 

You don't get it...No, I did not post my innermost feelings here. I posted the stuff here in a ruse, to win a bet. I assume you refer to ESPN, because I was on the saloon this afternoon. I just prefer that show to B&B and called in there because I wanted to comment on the subject being discussed. Do you really believe that you have any power/leverage over whether or not a radio station decides to air my calls? You must be delusional. :lol: I think you will find that the stations and all the shows on them, don't give a damn that you got punked here. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:48 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Why propagate them at all?

To win the challenge/bet. It seemed like a fun thing to do and it has been. The reactions here have been very entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 pm 

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=36271

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next