It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: ElmhurstSteve
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
DegenerateDave wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
Hey Steve,

I bet Boilermaker Rick and Jimmy Pasta that you weren't a pretentious, self-righteous, racist, douchebag.

Guys - when do you want me to pay up?

So I see that your habit of throwing people under the bus doesn't just end with us "non" celebrity types - you decided to throw Mac under the bus with one of your lies as well.

So if Mac hadn't come on here and called bullshit on you, would you have ever told the truth?

I doubt it.

Actually, I planned to call into the show today, after everyone had great fun celebrating the ban and then at the end of my call saying something like "I enjoyed that game almost as much as my favorite TV show...punked" after which I was going to post here with a lot of these.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats Steve - you have done the impossible. You have made me lose respect for Dan McNeil by him posting here that he welcomes your call. Association with you and anything to do with you is toxic as I am sure those close to you know.

Dan, I'll still listen and I am still a fan, but it certainly is a bit of a curious stance for you to throw support behind this guy.

What goes on here is completely seperate from the radio station. One has NOTHING really to do with the other, save for the fact that there might be some minimal reseach value, to gague what local sports fans might be interested in talking about. The things I post, the pranks I pull here, I would not engage in on the radio. I have a history as a caller that confirms that there is no connection to what I do with radio stations and what has taken place here. I just had a little fun at the expense of others on a message board...not ground breaking behavior.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I've got to ask something.

Why have all of you not simply put him on the 'ignore' list?

I mean, really; how that's not readily apparent just befuddles me. Friend and foe alike, you're all coming off as pretty dim because you keep posting about him, as though your next post will be the 'capper', the one that 'wins' or makes him see he's 'wrong'.

It's getting to be disturbing, and though your continued posts regarding him would appear to be accurate enough - you're just making him happy and making yourselves look like gullible marionettes.

You're like the dog tied to his doghouse, and ES just keeps standing outside the radius messing with you. Sure, he's the asshole for doing what he's doing, but what you do in response is just plain dopey.

All you have to do is analogous to what was done in one of the Treehouse of Horrors episodes - "just don't post, just don't post".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I just had a little fun at the expense of others on a message board...not ground breaking behavior.

I thought it was called racism?

I just don't get you and I don't think any further amount of conversation back and forth is going to change that for me.

When I was in college and I dated the girl I mentioned, the scrutiny that she faced for just being with me was unrelenting - she received scornful looks from both African Americans and Caucasians. This was 19 years go, mind you. I had hoped that we had advanced as a society a little bit, but you singlehandedly have made me feel that I need to double the efforts I make on a daily basis with my daughter to protect her against shallow minded hate mongers like yourself.

You aren't funny, you are pathetic.

You aren't important, you are trivial

You aren't clever, you are shallow.

You aren't attractive, you are hideous despite what your "outside" presents.

I don't know how you sleep.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Don Tiny wrote:
I've got to ask something.

Why have all of you not simply put him on the 'ignore' list?

I mean, really; how that's not readily apparent just befuddles me. Friend and foe alike, you're all coming off as pretty dim because you keep posting about him, as though your next post will be the 'capper', the one that 'wins' or makes him see he's 'wrong'.

It's getting to be disturbing, and though your continued posts regarding him would appear to be accurate enough - you're just making him happy and making yourselves look like gullible marionettes.

You're like the dog tied to his doghouse, and ES just keeps standing outside the radius messing with you. Sure, he's the asshole for doing what he's doing, but what you do in response is just plain dopey.

All you have to do is analogous to what was done in one of the Treehouse of Horrors episodes - "just don't post, just don't post".

:salut: :salut: :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Kudos, Don Tiny.

Classic episode harkening back to when The Simpsons was THE funniest show on TV.

"He came to life. Good for him."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:17 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
this thread sucks. back to music...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
UsImageSTEVE

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
DegenerateDave wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I just had a little fun at the expense of others on a message board...not ground breaking behavior.

I just don't get you and I don't think any further amount of conversation back and forth is going to change that for me.

When I was in college and I dated the girl I mentioned, the scrutiny that she faced for just being with me was unrelenting - she received scornful looks from both African Americans and Caucasians. This was 19 years go, mind you. I had hoped that we had advanced as a society a little bit, but you singlehandedly have made me feel that I need to double the efforts I make on a daily basis with my daughter to protect her against shallow minded hate mongers like yourself.

Do you disagree with Don Tiny's post?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Stop fucking feeding his ego.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
if you are on everyones foe list and you post on a message board, do you make a sound?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am 

NSJ wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Do you disagree with Don Tiny's post?

I'm going to jump in to Dave's defense ... my guess is he was crafting his message just as I was finishing mine. In spite of what I suspect may be the common consensus about him, I think Dave's a rather decent fellow. As I said, this is just likely a case of almost-concurrent posting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 am 

Even though I'm guilty of getting involved once again, Don Tiny is right.

Let this thread die like it should have after page 10.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 am 

[quote="rogers park bryan.[/quote]
Wow its uncanny

OKC specifically told me it was NOT a compliment...my reply was

"But Ill take it as one"

Anyways this thread is like the movie Stripes...hilarious til about the halfway point...then it becomes terrible.[/quote]

Now you are piquing my interest. OKC is breaking bad on me somewhere in this thread?[/quote]
Not this thread

This one
http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=36096[/quote]

I'll have to remember that one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
~ ~ ~ ~ ______________________________________________________________________

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
if you are on everyones foe list and you post on a message board, do you make a sound?

Well maybe Mike North knows.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

What goes on here is completely seperate from the radio station. One has NOTHING really to do with the other, save for the fact that there might be some minimal reseach value, to gague what local sports fans might be interested in talking about. The things I post, the pranks I pull here, I would not engage in on the radio. I have a history as a caller that confirms that there is no connection to what I do with radio stations and what has taken place here. I just had a little fun at the expense of others on a message board...not ground breaking behavior.

From Wikipedia:

Gagüe means

A guy whose sexuality is hard to pin down. Is he gay or is he straight? He's gague. Check out that guy in the prada shirt? Is he straight?
Can't tell, he's gague!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I thought gague was the stuff you wash off your face after spending a night with the girl "who wants to ride your disco stick"

(That's Lady GaGa)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

But let ME be the last one to post, so I feel like I had something to do with it's end??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

But let ME be the last one to post, so I feel like I had something to do with it's end??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Don Tiny wrote:
I'm going to jump in to Dave's defense ... my guess is he was crafting his message just as I was finishing mine.

Agreed - He likely did not read your post first, but after reading him call Steve pathetic, shallow and trivial, I just wondered whether he agrees with the points you made.

Don Tiny wrote:
In spite of what I suspect may be the common consensus about him, I think Dave's a rather decent fellow.

What is the common consensus?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:31 am 

Degenerate just wants to gain better status with many here, after initially trying to be supportive of me. He took a beating early on(which was well deserved and support was the last thing I sought) and then decided to do an abrupt about-face. For that, he may have saved some face and probably liked the change he saw from other posters towards him and so he has continued in that direction. He may have seen Don Tiny's post, but so wants to continue down the road of approval, he continues posting that which has brought him some measure of approval.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Degenerate just wants to gain better status with many here, after initially trying to be supportive of me. He took a beating early on(which was well deserved and support was the last thing I sought) and then decided to do an abrupt about-face. For that, he may have saved some face and probably liked the change he saw from other posters towards him and so he has continued in that direction. He may have seen Don Tiny's post, but so wants to continue down the road of approval, he continues posting that which has brought him some measure of approval.

Doesn't look like you are doing much painting or wallpapering today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:33 am 

last.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 am 

NSJ wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I'm going to jump in to Dave's defense ... my guess is he was crafting his message just as I was finishing mine.

Agreed - He likely did not read your post first, but after reading him call Steve pathetic, shallow and trivial, I just wondered whether he agrees with the points you made.

Don Tiny wrote:
In spite of what I suspect may be the common consensus about him, I think Dave's a rather decent fellow.

What is the common consensus?

I'm confused NSJ - you tell me not to post in the thread, but then you ask me direct questions in it?

I do agree with Don Tiny as I had sent him a PM saying exactly that - I think he is 100% right.

As for what people think of me - I could no longer give a fuck - but I'll say this NSJ - you can get off my nuts anytime you feel like it. You have taken the last week or so to bust my ass and you have my attention now.

So say what you want to say, get it off your chest and move the fuck on - is that what you wanted to hear from me? Congrats, you got it.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 am 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Doesn't look like you are doing much painting or wallpapering today.

None at all. I'm doing paperwork and estimates today. I may stop at the jobsite this afternoon to drop off materials and check on progress.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Let's clear up the timeline if you don't mind.

I was supportive of you when I thought you were getting a brow beating over your calling in to radio shows - honestly, your calls never seemed that bad to me. Let's make clear that it is known that was the only thing I was supporting you on.

The "Abrupt" about face occured at exactly the same time you started to post your ridiculous bullshit about being the most important man in Elmhurst. The REAL abrupt face took place when you outed yourself as a racist.
Your pathetic attempt to pull a Bobby Ewing "It was all just a dream/joke" that you sent to me and Darkside in private messages gained my response back to you that you were on your own and that I have washed my hands of you and your racist lying bullshit.

Now, if we have cleared that up I will go about my business of ignoring you and any other people that want to ride my nuts over the next thing I say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 am 

seems a lot like a message you posted about 10-12 pages ago.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I've been thinking of getting a new acoustic guitar. I've got only one electric, a 1997 Fender Strat American Standard and I'll never want to play another electric. So, any future guitars will be acoustic.
So, basically, I'm looking for some suggestions. I'd like a cutaway if possible because my current acoustic is hard to play after the 14th and some solos I do require the 17th (like on Time for example) and it's frickin hard to do on my Acoustic, but I don't want to sacrifice intonation with a cutaway. Does it affect it much? I also am VERY reluctant to invest in an acoustic/electric as something just seems so.... wrong... about that, but I'd like to try one on a nice setup sometime if anyone can let me have a few chops at theirs. I could go to guitar center to do this but that place isn't really a good place to hear your instrument cleanly.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:46 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Making Elmhurst Steve's day...thats what your all doing.

I was guilty at first...but this thread needs to die. Its feeding his ego.

You are right.

I'm done with this thread.

This was from page 10....15 pages ago! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Darkside wrote:
I've been thinking of getting a new acoustic guitar. I've got only one electric, a 1997 Fender Strat American Standard and I'll never want to play another electric. So, any future guitars will be acoustic.
So, basically, I'm looking for some suggestions. I'd like a cutaway if possible because my current acoustic is hard to play after the 14th and some solos I do require the 17th (like on Time for example) and it's frickin hard to do on my Acoustic, but I don't want to sacrifice intonation with a cutaway. Does it affect it much? I also am VERY reluctant to invest in an acoustic/electric as something just seems so.... wrong... about that, but I'd like to try one on a nice setup sometime if anyone can let me have a few chops at theirs. I could go to guitar center to do this but that place isn't really a good place to hear your instrument cleanly.

What kind of price range are you looking at? I have 4 acoustic guitar including a cutaway acoustic/electric and while some sound is compromised with it, it's no where near as much as you would think depending on the brand/price etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next