It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Bears game threads after losses are about 4 times longer than threads after wins. People discuss the negative much more than the positive on the board.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I listen to B&B often and Mac sporadically, but on average, the board is a lot less fun than it was when I came around. That everything has been so exceedingly negative in recent months, as opposed to when everything was just very negative, is also disappointing. The tenor of the board is taking a turn for the worse, if I may say so. I've enjoyed Beardown's descent into madness, sure, but all the JohnKirk and Elmhurst Steve shit just wears me out. It's not as fun to post here when they monopolize the attention. We should really rethink the administrative policy here, which is more laissez-faire than anything I've seen, and I've seen some laissez-faire boards. The board is a sprawling mess of redundant threads and folders, all of which have something to do with JohnKirk and Elmhurst Steve's shitty trolling. I'm starting to see why some of the old guard posters stopped posting.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
hawkeyecheesehead wrote:
As much vitriol as this show and B&B spawn in this forum, it seems odd that for the most part, they're the only shows with a lot of recent action. Is that because of the holiday weekend? And BF--does this suggest that the anti-Mac & Meat segment of JohnKirk/Scorehead/670, WWN, the anti B&B crew, and the rest of the critics section are the most prolific posters left? So far that doesn't seem like a good thing for the board, at least not long-term.

It's hardly worth dropping in while avoiding work during the day anymore.

Then why dont you contribute something to improve the board? You have been a member here for 4 years & have only posted 34 times? Surely you must have more thoughts than that.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Agreed and very insightful post. This thread and B&B seemingly are the only two shows people have a thought on as the Saloon have fallen off this board for a couple of reasons and either nothing interesting is being said and or no one is listening and I think the latter is the case and the same can be said for Silvy and Waddle although I still find their show a good listen but it's few and far between that I do turn them on as Im tuned to Mac and Pants. You would think a show as good as S&W would have folks buzzing about it in that section but the attention seems to be here most days.

So which is it , the other shows don't garner the attention that the other two here do and people just don't have a thought or insight on what Jurko,Harry, Carm have to say or what Waddle and Sillvy say or is everyone listening to Mac and B&B

We've been over the no posting in the Waddle and Silvy section.

I'd bet less people here are listening to the CJH show and if people were listening there isn't much to say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:55 am 

From JohnKirkScorehead670etc.:"Then why dont you contribute something to improve the board? You have been a member here for 4 years & have only posted 34 times? Surely you must have more thoughts than that"

One reason I don't post more is because in addition to keeping up with every stinking thought you have ("Don't like Meatpants"/"Don't like Meatpants"/"Don't like Meatpants"/"Don't like Meatpants"/"Don't like Meatpants"/"Don't like Meatpants"), I have to get a modicum of work done each day. I realize my foolish choice of profession (librarian) is probably holding me back in ascending to your level, but really instead of asking why I don't post more, why don't you and the rest of the JohnnyKirkOneNotes either post less or post about more than one thing over and over.

Or, to quote the sign in the pound cake in Alice in Wonderland, "Eat me."