It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:
I am surprised that Mac is engaged in this discussion during his show. Do your frigging show and worry about this crap (or not!) later. i think you guys have gotten into this guy's head so deeply that he is now distracted. The board is actually making the show worse because it has driven this guy to distraction. There are some very good pieces of advice for hosts in these threads. They should sift through the posts and learn but it is so low brow to engage with listeners like this....especially during a show. You don't see too many others doing that, especially the classy ones...and you know they all read it. Mac, this is why you have the NW Indiana trailer trash reputation. You need to gain some humility, lose some Spiegs, prepare more and work harder...then maybe you won't get crushed by Silvy & Waddle. Until you do those things I'm afraid it will just be more of this and the ratings periods each month and quarter are just going to get more painful.

The problem with this post is that at least in my opinion the show has been enjoyable today.

It's not perfect but nothing is but I've enjoyed it.

Have you been listening today?

No, not today. But I have listened a few times a week since he moved to the Score. There have been some decent moments but overall a pretty tough listen for reasons I have stated before. I liked Mac back in the HFC days but he's gotten lazy and Spiegs is not a good match. I do think this show can be saved but it will take a lot of work. I'm not sure Mac has it in him anymore and it requires a new partner...not sure Mac can swallow his pride after declaring this his decision.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

DegenerateDave wrote:
Magnus: I can't hold my tongue. Stu's kids are terrible boys!
Stu Kid # 1: Shut up, Magnus, or I'll go ape-shit on your ass!
Stu Kid # 2: I'm gonna scissor-kick you in the back of the head!

Stu: Yeah! Now turn up the heat! Come on!

Stu Kid # 1: I'm ten years old, but I'll beat your ass!
Stu Kid # 2: Magnus, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!
Stu.: Like a spider monkey! Go on!
Stu: Magnus, you brought this on, man.
Stu Kid # 1: Greatest Generation my ass. Tom Brokaw's a punk!
Magnus: What is wrong with you?
Stu Kid # 2: Magnus, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!

Magnus: [to Stu] Are you just going to let your sons talk to me like this?
Stu: Hell yes I am! They are winners! That is how winners talk!
Mrs. Stu: If we wanted two wussies, we would have named them Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman!

Dave put you're pants back on and have you're better half refill you're Xanax perscription. All this Mcneil bashing has pushed you off the cliff today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 pm 

Magnus Buchan, John Kirk, 670, Scorehead wrote:

No, not today. But I have listened a few times a week since he moved to the Score. There have been some decent moments but overall a pretty tough listen for reasons I have stated before. I liked Mac back in the HFC days but he's gotten lazy and Spiegs is not a good match. I do think this show can be saved but it will take a lot of work. I'm not sure Mac has it in him anymore and it requires a new partner...not sure Mac can swallow his pride after declaring this his decision.

Even while multing Kirkhead670 cant hide his Speigal obsession.

And he thinks he's getting away with it :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
STU-GOTZ wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
Magnus: I can't hold my tongue. Stu's kids are terrible boys!
Stu Kid # 1: Shut up, Magnus, or I'll go ape-shit on your ass!
Stu Kid # 2: I'm gonna scissor-kick you in the back of the head!

Stu: Yeah! Now turn up the heat! Come on!

Stu Kid # 1: I'm ten years old, but I'll beat your ass!
Stu Kid # 2: Magnus, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!
Stu.: Like a spider monkey! Go on!
Stu: Magnus, you brought this on, man.
Stu Kid # 1: Greatest Generation my ass. Tom Brokaw's a punk!
Magnus: What is wrong with you?
Stu Kid # 2: Magnus, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
Magnus: [to Stu] Are you just going to let your sons talk to me like this?
Stu: Hell yes I am! They are winners! That is how winners talk!
Mrs. Stu: If we wanted two wussies, we would have named them Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman!

Dave put you're pants back on and have you're better half refill you're Xanax perscription. All this Mcneil bashing has pushed you off the cliff today.

Damnit - and I thought this was one of my better ones...

:oops:

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Mac wrote:
What exactly do you want from me regarding Elmhurst Steve? I honestly do not know what it is you think I am "ignoring." Tell me and I'll answer.

As I said, you've been brought into a situation where you really shouldn't be. You aren't in any way responsible for what some caller says on here even if you've given him kudos in the past.

However, I did find it odd that you entered the thread to tell him to bring back "his brand" when he was saying some pretty hurtful things to some of the members here. You even went further today by seemingly holding the board accountable for the tone of that thread when your "hall of fame" caller was almost completely responsible for the uncomfortable nature of that thread. You said "displaced anger". Do you mean our anger with Elmhurst Steve? That is the only way I can take it? Do you believe that no one should have been offended by this quote?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I am a very good looking, white guy (gotta add the white guy, because lets face it, most hot white girls will not date black guys and those that would I wouldn't want) who has never had any difficulty dating beautiful women.

or this one?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Do you think many fans see the lack of blacks at Cub games as some sort of problem? They draw over 3 million fans per year and sell out most every game. Perhaps the lack of "people of color" at their games is actually an asset to the team...

Are you telling us that the response of some of the posters here was "displaced anger"? I'm white, and to be honest I feel a little weird sounding like I'm offended by this. It wasn't really an attack on me. However, I thought it was classless and hurtful.

I just want to know who you blame for the ugliness of the ElmhurstSteve thread. Do you blame the board or do you blame the person who calls into your show? Do you think he was off-base for making those comments?

As I said, it's unfair that you have been brought into this but you are the one who brought it back up in this thread today.

Translation: If you could just stop liking Steve, I'll be your friend again...PLEASE???.... Purdue boy you are pathetic. He says I feel a little weird saying I'm offended-yet he says it. He says it's unfair to drag Dan into it-yet he does. You were right, the thread was not an attack on you...this is!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:18 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Translation: If you could just stop liking Steve, I'll be your friend again...PLEASE???.... Purdue boy you are pathetic. He says I feel a little weird saying I'm offended-yet he says it. He says it's unfair to drag Dan into it-yet he does. You were right, the thread was not an attack on you...this is!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hold on here !!!! Mac goes off on the radio about some of you guys and pounds Front(backdoor)man and a few others and now all the haters are backing off a bit and saying "Well, some parts are good or the show was better than yesterday.

Which is it?? You get called out and you " PUSSY " out and fold like a lawn chair. I'll steal aline from Mac , "PICK A FUCKING LANE" I'll coin a phrase here and call it "Mac Baiting" as some of you know how to piss Barney Rubble off and Mac you're a dumbass for allowing dipshits on a message board to get into you're head during work hours.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Stu, you get really passionate on here at times.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I know I'm not Mac's friend. Do you?

I just wanted Mac's input on it since his original post in here seems to put the blame on the board for the uncomfortable nature of your "I'm a racist" thread when it was mostly your own doing.

I felt a little weird acting like I was offended because really I have no reason to. You don't have a problem with my race.
It's unfair that Dan got dragged into it but he did choose to bring it up again today. I have sympathy for him because you made a fool of yourself and Dan is perceived to not have a problem with anything you said given the "bring me back your brand!" comment.

Was the "attack on you" the use of the term "Purdue boy"? In my case, calling me a "boy" doesn't have much effect. Save that for other targets.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Stu, you get really drinky at times.

Fixed. :drunken:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I have the fire and passion today Kid. I find it funny the haters back off Mackey when he fires back and name drops them on the air. Funny how all the complaints flow in about content but nobody bitches when Mac brings up this board on the air. Except for the 50 of us who circle jerk here on a daily basis who that would listen to his show would know what the hell he is bitching about today as he drops Midges name and Frontman. I think he brings this place up too much on the air but I don't hear you guys bitching about that .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
STU-GOTZ wrote:

I have the fire and passion today Kid. I find it funny the haters back off Mackey when he fires back and name drops them on the air. Funny how all the complaints flow in about content but nobody bitches when Mac brings up this board on the air. Except for the 50 of us who circle jerk here on a daily basis who that would listen to his show would know what the hell he is bitching about today as he drops Midges name and Frontman. I think he brings this place up too much on the air but I don't hear you guys bitching about that .

Wow, you really are fired up today scooter. Be careful so you don't mess those neat slacks you got at Kohl's. Wow, just think of it Stu...you can afford to shop at Kohl's...what a guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
STU-GOTZ wrote:

I heard him mention frontman. Who else did he mention? Who's backing off anything? I must have missed it. I think the same guys are going to hate Mac's show no matter what. There is another group that like's Mac, but have fair critisism of the show (like me). And then there are guys who pop up from time to time to defend Mac if anyone has a problem with anything on the show. I'm not sure who changed their stance when Mac named Frontman on the air, though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Hold on here !!!! Mac goes off on the radio about some of you guys and pounds Front(backdoor)man and a few others and now all the haters are backing off a bit and saying "Well, some parts are good or the show was better than yesterday.

Which is it?? You get called out and you " PUSSY " out and fold like a lawn chair. I'll steal aline from Mac , "PICK A FUCKING LANE" I'll coin a phrase here and call it "Mac Baiting" as some of you know how to piss Barney Rubble off and Mac you're a dumbass for allowing dipshits on a message board to get into you're head during work hours.

What exactly did Mac say about the message board? I didn't hear anything. By the way, I think the show sucks for the reasons I've already stated, but that doesn't mean it can't take the occasional break from suckdom.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Magnus Buchan wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

Wow, you really are fired up today scooter. Be careful so you don't mess those neat slacks you got at Kohl's. Wow, just think of it Stu...you can afford to shop at Kohl's...what a guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They need more urinal cakes in the mens shitter Mags .Don't keep'em waiting and don't forget to wash you're hands before you leave the shitter either as I'd hate to see you infect the Mcnuggets. While your in there check Mayor Mcheese and the Hambuglers prostate and send them on their way. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
rogers park bryan wrote:

No, I think it's Darkside

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:

If you think I'm backing off of anything, you're deeply confused.

In any event, why do you get so worked up about criticism of Mac's show? Do you really really really like it so much that you can't stand to hear anyone complain about it? What specifically do you find so great about it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
crosscheck wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

No, I think it's Darkside

No way...Darkside is WAY too creative to make a mult like that...geez, give the guy some credit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I know I'm not Mac's friend. Do you?

I just wanted Mac's input on it since his original post in here seems to put the blame on the board for the uncomfortable nature of your "I'm a racist" thread when it was mostly your own doing.

I felt a little weird acting like I was offended because really I have no reason to. You don't have a problem with my race.
It's unfair that Dan got dragged into it but he did choose to bring it up again today. I have sympathy for him because you made a fool of yourself and Dan is perceived to not have a problem with anything you said given the "bring me back your brand!" comment.

Was the "attack on you" the use of the term "Purdue boy"? In my case, calling me a "boy" doesn't have much effect. Save that for other targets.

I call you a boy, because you behave much like a child. You ask...no, demand answers from people, as if they owe one to you. Nobody owes you crap. This is a message board. People post or don't post as they see fit. At the latter part of July, I opined that the Sox would finish in 3rd place. You must have gone to 3 different threads demanding to know how many games behind the Tigers and Twins, I predicted the Sox to finish. Then, when I told you 8 and 6 resectively (with a month left in the season) you claim I waited too long to respond. :lol: :lol: I respond when I feel like it...if I feel like it. Dan was making a comment, not interjecting himself into the situation. I think he was right too. There are people such as yourself that chose to "use" the thread to further an agenda. I don't like you and you don't like me. The thread provided you an opportunity to make a big deal out of very little. I make comments in threads here that are critical of the White Sox and that pisses a fair number of folks off. I'm sure that the thread was a great place for some of those people to go and try to get some retribution. These are just a couple of factors that may go into what Mac's referring to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
I'll coin a phrase here and call it "Mac Baiting" as some of you know how to piss Barney Rubble off and Mac you're a dumbass for allowing dipshits on a message board to get into you're head during work hours.

Don't ruin the fun! He is so very easy though and I doubt that will change :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

What exactly did Mac say about the message board? I didn't hear anything. By the way, I think the show sucks for the reasons I've already stated, but that doesn't mean it can't take the occasional break from suckdom.

He was bitching that he can't grill his Zeppelin albums with Kingfords or he can't play lay Zep while he's fishing but he mentioned you AND Frontman and how two asswipes had no clue what you were saying ..You had him all flustered.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

He was bitching that he can't grill his Zeppelin albums with Kingfords or he can't play lay Zep while he's fishing but he mentioned you AND Frontman and how two asswipes had no clue what you were saying ..You had him all flustered.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bagels wrote:

Anyone happen to catch Hell's Kitchen last night? I missed the first part but the ladies won the challenge and the losers (the guys) had to do the kitchen prep but for lunch they were fed offal, just these huge boiled cows toungues, head cheese, the whole works. Wasn't very visually stimulating

Either was the guy that almost took the tips off all 4 fingers on his left hand.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Bagels wrote:
No way...Darkside is WAY too creative to make a mult like that...geez, give the guy some credit

That's what he would want you to think...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

If you think I'm backing off of anything, you're deeply confused.

In any event, why do you get so worked up about criticism of Mac's show? Do you really really really like it so much that you can't stand to hear anyone complain about it? What specifically do you find so great about it?

Too be very honest Midge I think the show is good at times but struggles at times as well. As do all the shows posted on this board but when it's the same guys just being dicks to the guy then I 'll throw my cents to be a dick then as well.

I find it assinine that guys want to pound the show when they listen for all of 5 minutes a day. I pound most of these clowns for my enjoyment more then defeding Mac. We all seem to want to get under each others skin here and it's fun at times and other days tiresome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I call you a boy, because you behave much like a child. You ask...no, demand answers from people, as if they owe one to you. Nobody owes you crap. This is a message board. People post or don't post as they see fit.

I never demanded anything. I made a post about it. Mac then asked a question in which I responded to again. You are right. It is a message board. He is free to respond to whoever he wants. Mac owes me nothing. I'm just a poster on a message board.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
At the latter part of July, I opined that the Sox would finish in 3rd place. You must have gone to 3 different threads demanding to know how many games behind the Tigers and Twins, I predicted the Sox to finish. Then, when I told you 8 and 6 resectively (with a month left in the season) you claim I waited too long to respond. :lol: :lol: I respond when I feel like it...if I feel like it.

You waited until it was clear that the Sox would be out of the race to finally make a tangible prediction. At the time you actually made a games out prediction, it was no different than what anyone else thought. I would make the same prediction you did at that point. That's why you get no credit for it.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Dan was making a comment, not interjecting himself into the situation. I think he was right too. There are people such as yourself that chose to "use" the thread to further an agenda. I don't like you and you don't like me. The thread provided you an opportunity to make a big deal out of very little. I make comments in threads here that are critical of the White Sox and that pisses a fair number of folks off. I'm sure that the thread was a great place for some of those people to go and try to get some retribution. These are just a couple of factors that may go into what Mac's referring to.

What exactly is my agenda? I'm just a guy who posts on a message board. I post here for my enjoyment. I have no motive here except to enjoy myself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
all these logical responses. what the hell happened?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:21 pm 

When you "choose" to be overly offended by posts that you yourself state a discomfort with being offended by, it's because you WANT to be offended. You have an agenda...find something to criticize Elmhurst Steve about. You don't like me and so you WANT to be offended and outraged and you want others to be as well, so they will share your opinion of me. I don't like you and I hope Purdue has a miserable season, just so it pains YOU. So to some extent I understand your stance. But I don't go dragging others into the fray and ask that they take my side, as you do. Thats just pathetic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:26 pm 

The ES / BR tangent blows. Lets get back to people rippin on Mac, Mac rippin on those people and Stu pounding clowns for his enjoyment....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
"you need me as the resident message board racist...you want me to be the resident message board racist..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next