It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:28 pm 

WestmontMike wrote:
The ES / BR tangent blows. Lets get back to people rippin on Mac, Mac rippin on those people and Stu pounding clowns for his enjoyment....

Euphemism

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:33 pm 

Can I give my take on all of this as a non-listener to this show. (I don't listen for 5 minutes a day, in fact I haven't heard one second of Mac's new show on the score). Usually I try to post humorous thoughts on here (and most of the time I fail), but this is something I wanted to write seriously about.

I was never really a fan of MJH. I thought it was decent radio, just not my cup of tea. I did listen from time to time, but was never a follower. I did find the name dropping and talk about all the cool stuff he owns to be a little lame, but it was nothing that would make me boycott a show. I made jokes about it on here, but I would do the same for any type of shameless plugs that people do when appearing on TV or Radio. I didn't care that he buys his meat from Allen Brothers, he could just say he grilled some steaks this past weekend and be done with it.

Anyways, he got canned from ESPN and moved over to the Score and now hosts a show during a timeslot where I never listen to the radio. It's not a real big deal, because like I said I was never a big follower anyway. I respected the guy and never had anything against the man and found it pretty cool that he posted here and interacted with everyone. But the fact that he is now calling people out via the internet and also on his own show is extremely immature. Did Mac just finish the 5th grade? He's wasting time on his show to rip online message board contributors? People that only <1% audience will even know about? It's sad and pathetic. I haven't listened to your new show Mac, not because I thought it was bad, just because I don't listen to the radio during that time. But if you ever moved to a different timeslot, I will definitely not listen now. Grow the fuck up. You don't see other media people in this city calling out a group of "haters" on the air, all it does it make them relevant, and just ask DengenerateDave about how bad that can be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
When you "choose" to be overly offended by posts that you yourself state a discomfort with being offended by, it's because you WANT to be offended. You have an agenda...find something to criticize Elmhurst Steve about. You don't like me and so you WANT to be offended and outraged and you want others to be as well, so they will share your opinion of me.

No one needs my help to form an opinion on you. You can't really think that I'm the reason that people here think what they do about you? I was back to ignoring you until Mac seemed to put the blame on the now infamous thread on us. Deep down, you know you were wrong to say some of the things you said. You are just taking it out on me.

It was a question to Mac and response to what he said. I'm sorry that you can't argue with the points that I made and you have to try and find some ulterior motive as to why I brought it up. If it makes you feel better to believe that I am on a crusade to discredit you then feel free.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I don't like you and I hope Purdue has a miserable season, just so it pains YOU. So to some extent I understand your stance. But I don't go dragging others into the fray and ask that they take my side, as you do. Thats just pathetic.

Is that really the best you have? You want a football team I enjoy watching to lose? Do you really think you'll somehow "win" if Purdue loses to Oregon this weekend? That's pretty good. Even if Purdue goes 1-11 I'll be fine.

You just have your panties in a bunch because you know you put Mac in a difficult position. Just remember that it was you who brought him into the discussion by your post saying that you were now banned from calling the show. You did this. You dragged him into the fray. Mac was specifically responding to your post that your call was screened off the air. Maybe you should look in the mirror instead of pretending like I matter at all. I don't.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
WestmontMike wrote:
The ES / BR tangent blows. Lets get back to people rippin on Mac, Mac rippin on those people and Stu pounding clowns for his enjoyment....

No shit; I concur entirely.

Rick, love you - love your posts, but for Christ's sake why do you continue to respond to ES? Even if you "win" this internet argument, you'll still not really "winning" because it won't be recognized by the loser, and the unwanted back-and-forth will continue, here and there, in this thread and that thread, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. For the love of all things Oscar Peterson, STOP!

Last edited by Don Tiny on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:45 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:

Rick, love you - love your posts, but for Christ's sake why do you continue to respond to ES? Even if you "win" this internet argument, you'll still not really win because it won't be recognized by the loser, and the unwanted back-and-forth will continue, here and there, in this thread and that thread, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. For the love of all things Oscar Peterson, STOP!

Good advice. Sometimes I just can't walk away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You just have your panties in a bunch because you know you put Mac in a difficult position. Just remember that it was you who brought him into the discussion by your post saying that you were now banned from calling the show. You did this. You dragged him into the fray. Mac was specifically responding to your post that your call was screened off the air. Maybe you should look in the mirror instead of pretending like I matter at all. I don't.

when did that happen?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Don Tiny wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:

Rick, love you - love your posts, but for Christ's sake why do you continue to respond to ES? Even if you "win" this internet argument, you'll still not really win because it won't be recognized by the loser, and the unwanted back-and-forth will continue, here and there, in this thread and that thread, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. For the love of all things Oscar Peterson, STOP!

I think everyone except Steve recognizes that Rick won this one a long, long time ago. While I enjoy his relentless, unforgiving pummeling of a bloated cretin, I agree that there's nothing more he can prove--except that he is mentally indefatigable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Tall Midget wrote:
I think everyone except Steve recognizes that Rick won this one a long, long time ago. While I enjoy his relentless, unforgiving pummeling of a bloated cretin, I agree that there's nothing more he can prove--except that he is mentally indefatigable.

Add this to the list for us internet dumbasses to look up on dictionary.com :oops:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Some people are born with the ability to jump high or run fast. Others are born with great intellect or good looks.

I was born with the ability to continue a discussion unnecessarily for a time that would bore most others.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Add this to the list for us internet dumbasses to look up on dictionary.com :oops:

That doesn't make you a dumbass. It just makes you, as a former intern, a member of the Mac Family Tree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:06 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That doesn't make you a dumbass. It just makes you, as a former intern, a member of the Mac Family Tree.

Some trees have a bad apple or two. :eye:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Do to squirells,a lot of trees also have hidden nuts!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Way ahead of you...

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tall Midget wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:

Let the record show I in no way give any creedence to the aforementioned loser (ES); Rick does a fine job knifing through the bullshit, and nobody (minus one) would say any different ... I just, at the very least, would prefer it to be contained in the original thread (if continue at all) rather than infecting the rest of the board, and I immodestly believe most people's preferences are the same.

Incidentally, next time The Meta-Church of Oprah closes down a street, I hope it's outside ES's house.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:11 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Due to squirells,a lot of trees also have hidden nuts!

Hate to be a spelling dick, but...fixed
SMRT, I am so smart. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rick I also still enjoy your thrashing of the moron but agree that a big reason I've stayed away from this board of late is the constant references to him and that damn thread. Back on subject, does anyone think we're just so used to Mac in a 3 man booth it's too stark of a contrast with just 2? I thought MJH got stale the last 2 years or so and the new show from a production standpoint just feels like that MJH from 2007, but with Spiegel filling in for the other guys. I'm one that does like weekly segments like Fung and Crappin and wish the show would think up some new fresh ones. I miss Critics badly, can this be brought back or does ESPN own that? I'm most frustrated because I expected more, not because it's a bad show.

Maybe my expectations were too high sure, but maybe the show isn't living up to its potential and that's what I'm leaning toward right now after listening to almost every show since it started. Mac, you used to stay out of the muck for the most part on here, responding to the "haters" with some comedy and self deprecation. Now you seem to take a lot of it way too seriously. Sure some posters act like jackasses, but there are a ton more sincere and thoughtful posts giving recommendations and fair criticisms.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:12 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
You don't see other media people in this city calling out a group of "haters" on the air, all it does it make them relevant, and just ask DengenerateDave about how bad that can be.

Strongly recommend against it unless you have an indefatigable (Wheee) desire to defend yourself and make stupid EMO posts.

Douchebag = one smart MF'r.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:15 pm 

Hawkeye- I would concur. It does need some segmenty type flair....something to spice it up a bit and get the audience involved, which I'm sure "Who do you Love" will provide. Would love to hear "Critics" again. The material for that never runs out IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Hawkeye- I would concur. It does need some segmenty type flair....something to spice it up a bit and get the audience involved, which I'm sure "Who do you Love" will provide. Would love to hear "Critics" again. The material for that never runs out IMO.

Critics and WYC are too similar. I would agree some weekly segments are needed and I'm sure Mac's working on some...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:

Some trees have a bad apple or two. :eye:[/quote]

Those apples must be Riles and Lawrence. Mac never seems to claim them as family members. Your branch of the tree appears to be strong and healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:21 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Critics and WYC are too similar. I would agree some weekly segments are needed and I'm sure Mac's working on some...

Wheel of Fortune, Message Board style?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:
I am surprised that Mac is engaged in this discussion during his show. Do your frigging show and worry about this crap (or not!) later. i think you guys have gotten into this guy's head so deeply that he is now distracted. The board is actually making the show worse because it has driven this guy to distraction. There are some very good pieces of advice for hosts in these threads. They should sift through the posts and learn but it is so low brow to engage with listeners like this....especially during a show. You don't see too many others doing that, especially the classy ones...and you know they all read it. Mac, this is why you have the NW Indiana trailer trash reputation. You need to gain some humility, lose some Spiegs, prepare more and work harder...then maybe you won't get crushed by Silvy & Waddle. Until you do those things I'm afraid it will just be more of this and the ratings periods each month and quarter are just going to get more painful.

Assuming you have a job (which I have a hard time believing) you should be adhering to you're own advice as the drive thru is backing up and people are blowing their horns.

Cutting Slappy's lawn and fetching him a Tynant when he is parched would not be considered a job by most people STU.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 pm 

spadaesq wrote:
Spiegel has been a pleasant suprise how well he has meshed with you. I think that in the next three months you will be neck and neck with Waddle and Silvy.

Spiegel is not a yes man and is well rounded in all sports. That is rare.

This from the man who was "commiting all his advertising resources to Mike North and Webio." With friends lke this, Mac & Spiegel don't need enemies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:
I am surprised that Mac is engaged in this discussion during his show. Do your frigging show and worry about this crap (or not!) later. i think you guys have gotten into this guy's head so deeply that he is now distracted. The board is actually making the show worse because it has driven this guy to distraction. There are some very good pieces of advice for hosts in these threads. They should sift through the posts and learn but it is so low brow to engage with listeners like this....especially during a show. You don't see too many others doing that, especially the classy ones...and you know they all read it. Mac, this is why you have the NW Indiana trailer trash reputation. You need to gain some humility, lose some Spiegs, prepare more and work harder...then maybe you won't get crushed by Silvy & Waddle. Until you do those things I'm afraid it will just be more of this and the ratings periods each month and quarter are just going to get more painful.

Assuming you have a job (which I have a hard time believing) you should be adhering to you're own advice as the drive thru is backing up and people are blowing their horns.

Cutting Slappy's lawn and fetching him a Tynant when he is parched would not be considered a job by most people STU.

So would resting my nut sack across the bridge of you're nose.I did cash the check you sent hope it doesn't bounce.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
STU-GOTZ wrote:
So would resting my nut sack across the bridge of you're nose.

:lol: :lol: Damn. That was cool right there.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:

I NOW have diet coke all over my desk. Sorry was laughing .

Last edited by THE WIND SOCK on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:39 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:

I actually had to stifle a schoolgirl like giggle on that one. I like Seacrest, but damn, don't go poking sleeping dogs with a stick...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:41 pm 

Mac wrote:
Dipshit. Ooooh. That stings.

Yes, your usage in this very thread of such original and inventive putdowns as "you live in your mom's basement", "you have no friends", "douchebag", and "little prick" were much more hard-hitting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
DegenerateDave wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

I actually had to stifle a schoolgirl like giggle on that one. I like Seacrest, but damn, don't go poking sleeping dogs with a stick...

True, except sleeping dogs could probably spell better... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:44 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Due to squirells,a lot of trees also have hidden nuts!

Hate to be a spelling dick, but...fixed
SMRT, I am so smart. :P

And while we're being spelling dicks, I wish someone would learn the difference between "you're", which is a contraction for "you are", and "your", which indicates something belonging to "you." But I'm not mentioning any names.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next