It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I'm sure some people here thought I sucked too until they met me in person and saw how cool I was.

This explains a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i'm gonna guess that allen brothers and miller provided a ton of FREE product.

btw: those "friends" you speak of are the same 10 people....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:39 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
[. They are all amazing people and whether you realize it or not you owe them an apology.

ALL...are you sure you want to go that far?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Spaulding wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
The North comparisons on this board are legion, but let me provide another; one source of Mac's remaining popularity is his generosity, especially to friends. The fact that he's a nice guy (to them), pays for expensive BBQs, etc. creates a clientele that's reluctant to ever criticize him. They're less offering up opinions on the show than they are remarking on how wonderful the person is, which I'm sure is true when he's dropping copious amounts of coin on your behalf.

If Big Fan had a "Post of the Day" segment, this would be it.

DaMaNa got big-spenda tickat...

Of all the stupid crap in the past month (excluding ES & DD posts) this takes the cake. I've never sampled Mac's meat, been to his house, nor am I his friend. The fact that you attribute his popularity among his friends to his geneorsity makes you both seem like petty angry people. It is as insulting to Mac as it is to his friends. They are all amazing people and whether you realize it or not you owe them an apology.

+1

Just because Mac (And Jurko, And Harry, and Speigel, and Silvy) have bought a few beers for me in the past, does not make me like or dislike thier respective shows any more or less. In fact, I've had W&S on this week anyway.

Eddie Vedder has never had me over to his house, but that won't stop me from saying that "Breakerfall" sucks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Spaulding wrote:
I've never sampled Mac's meat,

I'm surprised no one has taken this for a signature yet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Benny's on 26th in Berwyn
:lol: :lol: Damn, frontman - Mac's all over your ass - I caught the very end of the show and he singled you out for a bit. I think you've struck a nerve here, and I would believe that could lead one to say that the board has become too relevant for this show... :eye:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that this was in another thread :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
There is a lot dumber things said on this board than that.

Some, hell maybe even most of them, come from me.

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Bagels wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I've never sampled Mac's meat,

I'm surprised no one has taken this for a signature yet

Be surprised no more. :lol:

I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Quote:
Irish, ALL of my favorite talk radio hosts over the years have had a show that, ultimately, was about them. Dahl, Stern and to a lesser extent Brandmeier and Mathews all presented themselves and their lives as the hub of the show with their interests as the daily content. North did this to perfection in the early days of the SCORE. Generally, the hosts who open themselves to their audience have had the greatest success in sports radio (excluding B and B).

I guess I'm just not in the market for radio buddies. When I turn on the Score, or ESPN, I want sports talk. Period. I don't get caught up in lifestyle discussions.

Spaulding wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
The North comparisons on this board are legion, but let me provide another; one source of Mac's remaining popularity is his generosity, especially to friends. The fact that he's a nice guy (to them), pays for expensive BBQs, etc. creates a clientele that's reluctant to ever criticize him. They're less offering up opinions on the show than they are remarking on how wonderful the person is, which I'm sure is true when he's dropping copious amounts of coin on your behalf.

If Big Fan had a "Post of the Day" segment, this would be it.

DaMaNa got big-spenda tickat...

Of all the stupid crap in the past month (excluding ES & DD posts) this takes the cake. I've never sampled Mac's meat, been to his house, nor am I his friend. The fact that you attribute his popularity among his friends to his geneorsity makes you both seem like petty angry people. It is as insulting to Mac as it is to his friends. They are all amazing people and whether you realize it or not you owe them an apology.

I said one source, not the only source. I stand by my assertion that Mac shields himself from professional criticism with generosity. That doesn't bother me- being generous is better than not, I suppose- but it's true. That doesn't mean that everyone who likes Mac has been bought off. But it's always tougher to criticise someone who does stuff for you than for someone who you don't know. This is a technique North used to full effect. I didn't say Mac only has friends because he's generous. But I think he skews his own feedback by having radio listening buddies that he takes care of.

STU-GOTZ wrote:
I find it laughable that two assclowns want to criticize a guy on contents of a show and who both admittedly listen to the show 10 minutes a day and other 30 minutes a day. I also find it funny both Irish and Frontman use the same grammar and quote functions to pretty mirror each others thoughts. (not saying just saying ).

Mac has sent me to Florida, bought me Rolex watches, and let me use his Yacht a few times but I still have have criticized him here.

I hope when I watch 5 minutes of Jay Cutler on Sunday night I can sum up his season in a paragraph. :roll:

How much shit do I have to smell in my life before I decide I don't like the scent? And yes, I am Frontman. Your powers of deduction are amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

<Jerry Taft> This is just silly, why don't we do something else </Jerry Taft>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:44 pm 

Well, just getting home after hearing my screen name on the radio; one thing I want to distance myself right off the bat:

Don't lump me in with the Elmhurst Steve thread and his views or how he's viewed on this board. Nor put me in with Tall Midget and his critiques of Danny Mac the person.

At no time have I ever insulted Mac as a person, nor would I. For all account Danny Mac is a good guy, and certainly won't be calling him names, insulting him, his family or his personal life. I wouldn't drag his friends into the conversation, nor would I suggest that his friends got a job on the radio because of him. That's a classless thing to do. If you took what I said about your SHOW personally Mac, I apologize that you thought that was insulting to you. And I hope you take that apology as being sincere, because I am.

HOWEVER, I'm going to ask Mac for one thing from now on? Return the same courtesy to me. You suggest I have no life; that I should "try it sometime." Mac, I have a very healthy life away from sports and talking about your show, thank you for being concerned. I have a ton of things I'm involved with that doesn't revolve around WSCR/or any sports at all. I love a few types of music, I'm involved in fund raisers, I play video games, every once in a while get out in golf, the list goes on.

You and I have one thing in common; and that's a child with special needs. You have used your position on the radio to bring about awareness to autism which I applaud you for, and after everything is said and done? You're a good man, Danny Mac.

Oh, and let me get this out of the way too while I'm thinking about it.

STU-GOTZ. I use one screen name only. It's the same on many boards, including WSI/Flying Sock as well as others. You can grammar police it all you like, son; but I'm not, nor will I, do a mult account just to have something extra to do. And what you consider "proper" grammar is off the wall moronic. Who cares if its perfect? At least I don't do the "l33t/text" shit that some morons do. Might not be perfect, but I don't care if it is or not. If my point is understood, great. If its misunderstood? I try to explain it better. Just because you think Irish and I write the same, you brush it all together? Irish or I might not agree with what the other said, but on the actual topic, we do. Too bad if you don't like how we write.

Do me a favor. Go grab a dictionary so you can see if I should of used proper grammar while typing here.

Or if you expect something more coarse? Shove your own head up your ass and let the adults talk, thank you for your time STU.

Back to the show. Mac, your dropping my name proved my point. I know Tall Midget got you going and got too personal with it and it pissed you off. I know you dropped my name as a joke. But that's the whole point, Mac. You wasted what? 5-10 minutes at the end of the show to do a joke that only a very small sliver of your audience would get. You can't even say everyone at CSFMB would get it, because not everyone comes here every day.

You focus on one comment I made in a list of other comments; and dismiss the rest and get hung up for the Kingsfords and the Zepplin comments. You also focus on "5 minutes" but ignore the fact I said I was listening regularly for weeks; but found myself going down the dial. I come back days later, and after some time I find that the show has not improved, its gotten sillier and even more about non-Chicago sports, and hardly about anything people would find interesting save for a select few. Unless something completely hilarious happens, talking about your fantasy draft is no big thing. It's a shocker that someone didn't flush a toilet out of a group of guys getting together for a fantasy draft?!?!?! What's next, talking about someone belching after eating too much?

Mentioning my comments on air was a waste. It had zero to do with Chicago sports; nor did it have anything to do with things other guys might find interesting. And if the listener wasn't a member of CSFMB and had been here in the past 48 hours, they didn't have a clue as to what you were talking about. A select few of us got a laugh out of it (myself as well) but it was an inside joke. That's the point I'm trying to get across to you, Dan MacNeil. Just because you and Speigs and a handful of others might find it entertaining doesn't mean THE AUDIENCE finds it entertaining.

We're tuning in to WSCR because we walk to listen (and sometimes email/call/text) about sports. Should it be sports 100% of the time? No, of course not. But honestly, go back and listen to your 12-1 hour. What exactly was the sports topics? Playing audio of two baseball announcers talking about the greatest basketball player of all time. Beyond that? Not too much, other than Speigs playing tennis as a kid with some murderers who got off. And Kerry being in an informercial. But you can't count the updates as being "show content." You can't point to the parody songs and call that "sports."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Frontman - very very well written and heartfelt.

I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye on everything but you seem like a pretty good guy.

Nicely said.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Frontman wrote:

Back to the show. Mac, your dropping my name proved my point. I know Tall Midget got you going and got too personal with it and it pissed you off.

Not sure what you're talking about here, pal. My comments were strictly about what Mac brings to the air. If he doesn't want certain topics criticized--like his boring "slice of life" monologues--he shouldn't discuss them with the microphone on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:55 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Frontman wrote:

Back to the show. Mac, your dropping my name proved my point. I know Tall Midget got you going and got too personal with it and it pissed you off.

Not sure what you're talking about here, pal. My comments were strictly about what Mac brings to the air. If he doesn't want certain topics criticized--like his boring "slice of life" monologues--he shouldn't discuss them with the microphone on.

If it wasn't you, and I know it wasn't me; why mention the whole helping out friends in radio thing and lumping it in with his Kingsfords/Zepplin/Trophy room comments; then continuing it into transition? (Although Terry did drive that topic more than Dan did.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Mac going off on people on the board just proves how thin skinned he really is. Little wonder his career has taken such a downward slide.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Frontman wrote:
At least I don't do the "l33t/text" shit that some morons do.

WHY Y0U H4T1NG 0N M3? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
<Jerry Taft> This is just silly, why don't we do something else </Jerry Taft>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:26 pm 

Accepted and returned, Frontman. Point taken. Let's go get a beer and talk about our shared challenges.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Mac wrote:
Accepted and returned, Frontman. Point taken. Let's go get a beer and talk about our shared challenges.

Oh that's really cute Mac...and cool to boot. :puker:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mac wrote:

DaMaNa got reconciliation tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frontman wrote:
Well, just getting home after hearing my screen name on the radio; one thing I want to distance myself right off the bat:

Don't lump me in with the Elmhurst Steve thread and his views or how he's viewed on this board. Nor put me in with Tall Midget and his critiques of Danny Mac the person.

At no time have I ever insulted Mac as a person, nor would I. For all account Danny Mac is a good guy, and certainly won't be calling him names, insulting him, his family or his personal life. I wouldn't drag his friends into the conversation, nor would I suggest that his friends got a job on the radio because of him. That's a classless thing to do. If you took what I said about your SHOW personally Mac, I apologize that you thought that was insulting to you. And I hope you take that apology as being sincere, because I am.

HOWEVER, I'm going to ask Mac for one thing from now on? Return the same courtesy to me. You suggest I have no life; that I should "try it sometime." Mac, I have a very healthy life away from sports and talking about your show, thank you for being concerned. I have a ton of things I'm involved with that doesn't revolve around WSCR/or any sports at all. I love a few types of music, I'm involved in fund raisers, I play video games, every once in a while get out in golf, the list goes on.

You and I have one thing in common; and that's a child with special needs. You have used your position on the radio to bring about awareness to autism which I applaud you for, and after everything is said and done? You're a good man, Danny Mac.

STU-GOTZ. I use one screen name only. It's the same on many boards, including WSI/Flying Sock as well as others. You can grammar police it all you like, son; but I'm not, nor will I, do a mult account just to have something extra to do. And what you consider "proper" grammar is off the wall moronic. Who cares if its perfect? At least I don't do the "l33t/text" shit that some morons do. Might not be perfect, but I don't care if it is or not. If my point is understood, great. If its misunderstood? I try to explain it better. Just because you think Irish and I write the same, you brush it all together? Irish or I might not agree with what the other said, but on the actual topic, we do. Too bad if you don't like how we write.

Do me a favor. Go grab a dictionary so you can see if I should of used proper grammar while typing here.

Or if you expect something more coarse? Shove your own head up your ass and let the adults talk, thank you for your time STU.

Back to the show. Mac, your dropping my name proved my point. I know Tall Midget got you going and got too personal with it and it pissed you off. I know you dropped my name as a joke. But that's the whole point, Mac. You wasted what? 5-10 minutes at the end of the show to do a joke that only a very small sliver of your audience would get. You can't even say everyone at CSFMB would get it, because not everyone comes here every day.

You focus on one comment I made in a list of other comments; and dismiss the rest and get hung up for the Kingsfords and the Zepplin comments. You also focus on "5 minutes" but ignore the fact I said I was listening regularly for weeks; but found myself going down the dial. I come back days later, and after some time I find that the show has not improved, its gotten sillier and even more about non-Chicago sports, and hardly about anything people would find interesting save for a select few. Unless something completely hilarious happens, talking about your fantasy draft is no big thing. It's a shocker that someone didn't flush a toilet out of a group of guys getting together for a fantasy draft?!?!?! What's next, talking about someone belching after eating too much?

Mentioning my comments on air was a waste. It had zero to do with Chicago sports; nor did it have anything to do with things other guys might find interesting. And if the listener wasn't a member of CSFMB and had been here in the past 48 hours, they didn't have a clue as to what you were talking about. A select few of us got a laugh out of it (myself as well) but it was an inside joke. That's the point I'm trying to get across to you, Dan MacNeil. Just because you and Speigs and a handful of others might find it entertaining doesn't mean THE AUDIENCE finds it entertaining.

We're tuning in to WSCR because we walk to listen (and sometimes email/call/text) about sports. Should it be sports 100% of the time? No, of course not. But honestly, go back and listen to your 12-1 hour. What exactly was the sports topics? Playing audio of two baseball announcers talking about the greatest basketball player of all time. Beyond that? Not too much, other than Speigs playing tennis as a kid with some murderers who got off. And Kerry being in an informercial. But you can't count the updates as being "show content." You can't point to the parody songs and call that "sports."

You guys must work the same hours then because once one clown posts the other is right behind the other. Who are you to tell us the, "AUDIENCE" what works and what doesn't? So what your saying for those who enjoy the show that we should PTFB because you think it's a piece of shit then right? I think you are wrong in what you are saying and you insult those who do enjoy the show.

So take your head out of your ass and tune in for 4 hours and then have a thought and then maybe I'll take a second and think wow, the guy isn't an asshole and maybe we can agree on something.

Enjoy your evening.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
You guys must work the same hours then because once one clown posts the other is right behind the other. Who are you to tell us the, "AUDIENCE" what works and what doesn't? So what your saying for those who enjoy the show that we should PTFB because you think it's a piece of shit then right? I think you are wrong in what you are saying and you insult those who do enjoy the show.

So take your head out of your ass and tune in for 4 hours and then have a thought and then maybe I'll take a second and think wow, the guy isn't an asshole and maybe we can agree on something.

Enjoy your evening.

Hey Stu, can you stop gargling Mac's spunk long enough to take a look in the mirror and see what a sorry ass-kissing douchebag you are. OK, go back to your sucking.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Magnus Buchan wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

Enjoy your evening.

Hey Stu, can you stop gargling Mac's spunk long enough to take a look in the mirror and see what a sorry ass-kissing douchebag you are. OK, go back to your sucking.

Fuckface this mult thing ought to show how pathetic you are. Your the douche who sits in this thread waiting to get my attention. I give it to you because your an easy target and are NSJ... BF outed sone mults in a PM so go to Panera Bread and wait for an eldery couple to crash their car into thru the window.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:16 pm 

Hey Stu, maybe you can disconnect your mouth from Mac's schwantz long enough to answer this question. Which show had higher ratings in August, Mac & Cheese or Silvy & Waddle? Well punk, which one?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Magnus Buchan wrote:
Hey Stu, maybe you can disconnect your mouth from Mac's schwantz long enough to answer this question. Which show had higher ratings in August, Mac & Cheese or Silvy & Waddle? Well punk, which one?

Ah yes, every new show should be able to whipe the floor with the old established shows within what 3 months. Keep being a hater, it suits you well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Mac wrote:

DaMaNa got reconciliation tickat...

OKC, bringing the funny.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:08 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Frontman wrote:

Enjoy your evening.

I'll make it even simpler for you STU, and not use so many words:

I have listened to full shows. I found the show lacking. Posted what I thought could be improved upon. I tuned out, I came back, listened some more. Didn't like what I heard. I posted again.

Simply put, get over yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:11 pm 

Mac wrote:

Fair enough Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Frontman wrote:
Mac wrote:

Fair enough Mac.

Perhaps, the two of you should now enjoy a shower.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac...bad idea to start jawing with potential fans.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan