It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Due to squirells,a lot of trees also have hidden nuts!

Hate to be a spelling dick, but...fixed
SMRT, I am so smart. :P

And while we're being spelling dicks, I wish someone would learn the difference between "you're", which is a contraction for "you are", and "your", which indicates something belonging to "you." But I'm not mentioning any names.

Im availible after 7 tonight DS.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
For Stu's sake ... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Mac wrote:
Dipshit. Ooooh. That stings.

Yes, your usage in this very thread of such original and inventive putdowns as "you live in your mom's basement", "you have no friends", "douchebag", and "little prick" were much more hard-hitting.

Don't forget the testicular cancer. That was awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Seacrest wrote:
Those apples must be Riles and Lawrence. Mac never seems to claim them as family members. Your branch of the tree appears to be strong and healthy.

He doesn't like their brand.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
spmack wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Those apples must be Riles and Lawrence. Mac never seems to claim them as family members. Your branch of the tree appears to be strong and healthy.

He doesn't like their brand.

:D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Best Laugh of my day. Don Tiny a genius or a sign of a really shitty day?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Mac wrote:
What exactly do you want from me regarding Elmhurst Steve? I honestly do not know what it is you think I am "ignoring." Tell me and I'll answer.

They want you to punish his ass by taking away his frequent caller/"brand" status. Why? 'Cause of his various & sundry crimes of insensitivity in that long thread from hell. That's right, you are in charge of punishment. Internet kindergarten :-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I just love how Pavlov's Dog(s) show up on a thread and just bury someone. Mac, Speigel, elmSteve, each other...

Vicious, silly, insipid... Fun, too, but its hard to take you guys seriously afterwards. 8 pages already?!?

At least, not that many pictures. Not "cheap" pages; someone's been typing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:23 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Best Laugh of my day. Don Tiny a genius or a sign of a really shitty day?

C. Both

(unless you meant your day ... in which case sorry if it's one of them days ....)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Holy shit. One goes to work and this erupts. Great reading.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:41 pm 

Mac wrote:
Comments like, who was it, Harry Seaward?, who tuned in for five minutes and heard talk of the fantasy football draft in my basement and had to go away, casting eternal aspersions because of several minutes of what guys talk about. Harry must be jealous the basement in which he dwells is at mom and dad's. Or that he doesn't have enough friends to form a fantasy league. Don't worry, douchebag, you'll make out. Go to a support group meeting for gu8ys with testicular cancer and you may find your vacation.

Oh, I see what you did there. You took my shot(s) at your oft-times lame show and flipped it on me - I live in my parents basement, I'm a douchebag, I need to go to a meeting for gu8ys with testicular cancer. Clever response.

I went to your employer's website and downloaded your guest appearances on Terry's show prior to you signing your "new" paper. I was genuinely excited when you did indeed sign back with 670, and was eager to hear what your show would become.

I did not follow you to WMVP when you left, as I was a dedicated Score listener. I have grown to loathe ESPN over the years, and was not interested in sifting through their corporate BS to hear you ... plus, The Score still had a decent lineup. All that said, I was truly excited for your return.

Your selection for co-host boggled my mind, as I thought Matt sounded like a bit of a tool when I'd catch him on "national" SNR. So it wasn't a huge surprise to me that your show started off kind of shakey...but I'm aware new things take time. I listened to your show, and it sucked. I was frustrated. I took "some time off" from it. I came back, gave an ENTIRE show a listen - more of the same. Took another break, only to tune back in to hear you regaling yourself/meatpants/hardcore fanboys with the tales of your epic fantasy football evening....I tuned out. And hey, guess what? I decided to give it another shot (either that day or the next) and you were playing that EXACT CONVERSATION in a bumper which then sent you on another jag about the food you consumed etc.

Dan, you can hit the NEW TOPIC button ... get your chest all puffy ... and type out some vitriol towards one "douchebag" guy like me if you want, obviously that's your call. I'm sure all the taint-lickers you've pal'd up with over the years eat that sort of stuff up. I'm just a dude that enjoys Chicago sports, and (for the most part) have enjoyed listening to The Score since day 1. I understand I'm not in your personal demo of guys that want to trip over themselves to meet and greet with you at a tailgate - I'm simply telling you that it would be of ZERO shock to me if your part (of the already tiny overall bit) of audience share continues to scrape the bottom. If it's been your key to success to tell listeners to "PTFB" and call them loser douchebags, then I guess you'll continue. I don't give you any credit for coming here and attempting to dress down the haters/critics of your show.

I've been absolutely astounded at the downfall of Mike North - and your self-important takes on the "biz" and continual denials of the ratings certainly make you sound like a North-In-Training. Perhaps you'll turn things around, and once again ascend to the lofty throne of tallest midget of sports talk radio ratings ... if you do, congrats. I won't be along for the ride and the next time I have a meeting with the region's CBS Radio folks, I'll be sure to let them know how highly you regard people who have a negative take on your show.

For now, it's back to my basement dwelling. Thanks for the note, you pud, the great Danny Mac addressing me directly is surely the highlight of this douchebag's year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Harry Seaward wrote:
Mac wrote:
Comments like, who was it, Harry Seaward?, who tuned in for five minutes and heard talk of the fantasy football draft in my basement and had to go away, casting eternal aspersions because of several minutes of what guys talk about. Harry must be jealous the basement in which he dwells is at mom and dad's. Or that he doesn't have enough friends to form a fantasy league. Don't worry, douchebag, you'll make out. Go to a support group meeting for gu8ys with testicular cancer and you may find your vacation.

Oh, I see what you did there. You took my shot(s) at your oft-times lame show and flipped it on me - I live in my parents basement, I'm a douchebag, I need to go to a meeting for gu8ys with testicular cancer. Clever response.

I went to your employer's website and downloaded your guest appearances on Terry's show prior to you signing your "new" paper. I was genuinely excited when you did indeed sign back with 670, and was eager to hear what your show would become.

I did not follow you to WMVP when you left, as I was a dedicated Score listener. I have grown to loathe ESPN over the years, and was not interested in sifting through their corporate BS to hear you ... plus, The Score still had a decent lineup. All that said, I was truly excited for your return.

Your selection for co-host boggled my mind, as I thought Matt sounded like a bit of a tool when I'd catch him on "national" SNR. So it wasn't a huge surprise to me that your show started off kind of shakey...but I'm aware new things take time. I listened to your show, and it sucked. I was frustrated. I took "some time off" from it. I came back, gave an ENTIRE show a listen - more of the same. Took another break, only to tune back in to hear you regaling yourself/meatpants/hardcore fanboys with the tales of your epic fantasy football evening....I tuned out. And hey, guess what? I decided to give it another shot (either that day or the next) and you were playing that EXACT CONVERSATION in a bumper which then sent you on another jag about the food you consumed etc.

Dan, you can hit the NEW TOPIC button ... get your chest all puffy ... and type out some vitriol towards one "douchebag" guy like me if you want, obviously that's your call. I'm sure all the taint-lickers you've pal'd up with over the years eat that sort of stuff up. I'm just a dude that enjoys Chicago sports, and (for the most part) have enjoyed listening to The Score since day 1. I understand I'm not in your personal demo of guys that want to trip over themselves to meet and greet with you at a tailgate - I'm simply telling you that it would be of ZERO shock to me if your part (of the already tiny overall bit) of audience share continues to scrape the bottom. If it's been your key to success to tell listeners to "PTFB" and call them loser douchebags, then I guess you'll continue. I don't give you any credit for coming here and attempting to dress down the haters/critics of your show.

I've been absolutely astounded at the downfall of Mike North - and your self-important takes on the "biz" and continual denials of the ratings certainly make you sound like a North-In-Training. Perhaps you'll turn things around, and once again ascend to the lofty throne of tallest midget of sports talk radio ratings ... if you do, congrats. I won't be along for the ride and the next time I have a meeting with the region's CBS Radio folks, I'll be sure to let them know how highly you regard people who have a negative take on your show.

For now, it's back to my basement dwelling. Thanks for the note, you pud, the great Danny Mac addressing me directly is surely the highlight of this douchebag's year.

Very well written imo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Mac wrote:
Dipshit. Ooooh. That stings.

Yes, your usage in this very thread of such original and inventive putdowns as "you live in your mom's basement", "you have no friends", "douchebag", and "little prick" were much more hard-hitting.

Hard hitting from a former radio star, now just another host. Just like North :P :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
I don't feel enough has been made about the hilarity of the testicular cancer comment. I mean, wow, I was rolling on the floor with that one....

I'll help you out Mac, with something that hits a little closer to home. Taking shots at testicular cancer would be similar to taking pointless shots at autism. I think it would be fun if every post someone makes on here, they relate your radio show to a kid with autism. I bet you would find that downright hilarious.

There was a time when I thought it was cool you took some time to post on here, but that time has come and gone. You act like a teenage girl getting her first period. The emotional roller coaster your exhibit on here is frightening. Then again you are the same guy who thinks the best way to solve a confrontation with someone (a co-worker perhaps) is to physically challenge them.

I'll await your next rage filled post, since we know you clearly take the bait every time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:10 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
And while we're being spelling dicks, I wish someone would learn the difference between "you're", which is a contraction for "you are", and "your", which indicates something belonging to "you." But I'm not mentioning any names.

Available for what? A spelling/grammar lesson for stuff you should've learned in about 3rd grade?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:12 pm 

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

Available for what? A spelling/grammar lesson for stuff you should've learned in about 3rd grade?

And like it matters when typing on a message board. I could see if any of us were drafting legal documents here; but this is just internet smack talk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:19 pm 

Beebo wrote:
At least, not that many pictures. Not "cheap" pages; someone's been typing.

Hey, I like using both mediums, thank you! :)

Plus, a picture almost never will be a candidate for "tl;dr".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:24 pm 

EG Greg wrote:
I don't feel enough has been made about the hilarity of the testicular cancer comment. I mean, wow, I was rolling on the floor with that one....

I was wondering about that...tried to make a post about it this morning but the fucker was lost in internet oblivion...I thought maybe there was some comment made he was referring to, but if not, it was a pretty stupid thing to say...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Wow, the last 10 minutes of the show = :shock:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Can someone describe what happened?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Irish Boy wrote:

Same thing that happens in most threads started by mac...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
:lol: I meant in the last 10 minutes of the show? I gather that Frontman was called out? Again?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Irish Boy wrote:

At the last couple minutes of the show, Mac says (paraphrased) "I don't know if I mentioned it yet today but what I love to do on weekends is listen to Zeppelin and fire up the white hot Kingsfords and go to my HOF room and watch A few Good Men..." then he said "Frontman you out there?" and went on about it some more.
Then he did it again, talking about the Kingsfords and the rafters and the banners and the HOF room while Meat haplessly said "yup yup yup". If it wasn't scary it might have been funny.

I guess it's part of the mackage.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:39 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

At the last couple minutes of the show, Mac says (paraphrased) "I don't know if I mentioned it yet today but what I love to do on weekends is listen to Zeppelin and fire up the white hot Kingsfords and go to my HOF room and watch A few Good Men..." then he said "Frontman you out there?" and went on about it some more.
Then he did it again, talking about the Kingsfords and the rafters and the banners and the HOF room while Meat haplessly said "yup yup yup". If it wasn't scary it might have been funny.

Wow...sounds like appointment radio... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Darkside wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

Even as an apparent front-runner in the DaMaNa ALS, I thought this was a little weird and pointless. Pick the battles that matter, Mac. I know what you were trying to do, but it just seemed like you were rubbing it in Frontman's face just a bit....and really, nobody outside of the board probably even had a clue as to what you were talking about.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

Last edited by Eaglo Jeff on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I always thought the goal of a radio show was to have as many listeners as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I always thought the goal of a radio show was to have as many listeners as possible.

Good stuff :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:18 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

Even as an apparent front-runner in the DaMaNa ALS, I thought this was a little weird and pointless. Pick the battles that matter, Mac. I know what you were trying to do, but it just seemed like you were rubbing it in Frontman's face just a bit....and really, nobody outside of the board probably even had a clue as to what you were talking about.

I don't know what Mac was trying to accomplish with doing it. If it was to piss me off, no not really. As I said over in Mac's thread about my comments; just don't go personal and you're fine with a bit of fun. But honestly; it really is an inside joke for those on the board. I can't imagine how that played with Mitch; because he probably went "Who the hell is Frontman?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i'm just glad he didn't mention the message board again.

elistist? yes...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Mac wrote:
The next time I recommend "a friend" for a position for which I don't believe he's qualified, will be the first.

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=35721

Can I guest host?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next