It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
As a product of the NW burbs, Elk Grove isn't really similar to Arlington Heights or Buffalo Grove.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Curious Hair wrote:
As a product of the NW burbs, Elk Grove isn't really similar to Arlington Heights or Buffalo Grove.

Having grown up in EGV, I will second that. There are two Elk Groves, the east and west side. The west side might as well be called South Schaumburg. The east side is 85% industrial park and can be referred to as the area around O'Hare. Elk Grove does not have a downtown area or a major shopping district and too me has a much newer feel, without any old houses. (pre 1950's) The same cannot be said about both AH and BG. If you wanted to amend your statement to the west side of EGV is similar to AH and BG, I would be more inclined to agree, but still with some major differences.

I would also say that housing prices in all three towns are a good deal higher than most places in Indiana. Doesnt make it better or worse, but definetely not the same.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:11 pm 

Just a little window into the day...my young kid was playing with his cousins. His cousins described one of their friends and said "he really likes to wear camoflage"....my kid isn't used to this kind of fashion statement so he thinks about it for a minute and says, with a straight face "well maybe he's a terrorist".

I'm sure it has lost something in the telling of the story but I thought it summed up my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
good dolphin wrote:
Just a little window into the day...my young kid was playing with his cousins. His cousins described one of their friends and said "he really likes to wear camoflage"....my kid isn't used to this kind of fashion statement so he thinks about it for a minute and says, with a straight face "well maybe he's a terrorist".

I'm sure it has lost something in the telling of the story but I thought it summed up my thoughts.

Sounds like you are bringing the kid up well. Just curious, but how old is he?

This story sums up why I stay to the west of the state line if at all possible.