It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 9/21 Show
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 pm 

How about a Fresca...and a bag of dicks

I could have, and I believe did, predict a low scoring game, ugly game won by the Bears, as did many others.

Did you think the Bears would go in and run the ball on the Steelers, while shutting down a very nicely emerging passing game?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
I have had to mute the sound for a few minutes here and there (it is work and all), but I have been pretty impressed with the callers today. No one is sounding like the typical meatball idiot that I would have expected.

Come to think of it, I was pretty impressed last week after the loss too. What's happening?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:20 pm 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
I have had to mute the sound for a few minutes here and there (it is work and all), but I have been pretty impressed with the callers today. No one is sounding like the typical meatball idiot that I would have expected.

Come to think of it, I was pretty impressed last week after the loss too. What's happening?

They sleep til noon. Wake up re apply the face paint and pick up the phone at 1pm

And yes they DO paint their faces daily and Especially when making the Zorich Call. Or saying this Knox reminds me of a young Jerry Rice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Northside_Dan wrote:
They do need to stop these extended convo's with Kerry. I think possibly one time she's added anything of value to the show

If the Jenny Jones-looking Kerry Sayers has anything of substance to add to the "Mac Show", Northside, I have no problem with Mac & Spiegs chatting for a few minutes with her. It's kinda like all those times Murph (remember him?) chatted with his update anchor for a few minutes during his show. It didn't matter if it was George Ofman, Mark "Moose" Vasco, Brian "The Whipping Boy" Paruch, the John Clayton-sounding Matt Rodewald, Joe Bartosch, Mark Grote...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
SHARK wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
They do need to stop these extended convo's with Kerry. I think possibly one time she's added anything of value to the show

If the Jenny Jones-looking Kerry Sayers has anything of substance to add to the "Mac Show", Northside, I have no problem with Mac & Spiegs chatting for a few minutes with her. It's kinda like all those times Murph (remember him?) chatted with his update anchor for a few minutes during his show. It didn't matter if it was George Ofman, Mark "Moose" Vasco, Brian "The Whipping Boy" Paruch, the John Clayton-sounding Matt Rodewald, Joe Bartosch, Mark Grote...

I agree SHARK, I like hearing differing voices/opinions as I'm sure most people do. When all Kerry had to offer was she was at a bar with Steeler's fans and left early so missed both of Jeff Reed's FG's..what's the point?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Northside_Dan wrote:
all Kerry had to offer was she was at a bar with Steeler's fans and left early so missed both of Jeff Reed's FG's..what's the point?

Jeff missed both his FG's as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Northside_Dan wrote:

Holy shit, thank you good sir! that bitch is beyond annoying, they usually don't converse with the other update people (thank god) so why give her special treatment? Maybe if it was tv, but on radio it makes me PTFB...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Slap Shot ED wrote:
Not an act guys ..... As he's not a big fan of the organization and Lovie in particular as he wasn't over the top with the win yesterday as we were stuffing our faces with cookies , Fresca and chicken. My stomach is killing me today.

Somehow "My health feels good" after victory beer, chicken and cookies and then a night of rainy races and power outages at Balmoral. Thanks again SSE for the Iggle hemlet. My wife is already rolling her eyes after I put it atop the entertainment center.

As for the Bears/Steelers...."Next!" A win is a win. There are some glaring weaknesses and they did get a bit lucky, but who would've actually picked the Bears to beat the Steelers when the schedule came out?

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Sounds riveting...

Nothing like football season to get you guys rolling, eh Mac?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:11 pm 

I think the boys have been kicking ass since pigskin season started.