It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:04 am 

Wha happen?

Aug 9 was when you last checked in.

Posting here can only help you as a host and as a person. Ask Mac he'll tell ya.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Take this for what it's worth... but if it were me, I probably wouldn't post here much either. Considering the things some say on here, I'm not sure chiming in would have any positive benefit. More than likely, it would only make things worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:29 am 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
Take this for what it's worth... but if it were me, I probably wouldn't post here much either. Considering the things some say on here, I'm not sure chiming in would have any positive benefit. More than likely, it would only make things worse.

So if youre not getting your ass kissed youd rather not engage?

I find that disturbing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: home run inn
rogers park bryan wrote:

I find that disturbing.

he can't come out to play till daddy i mean maccy says it is safe and ok....

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
Meatpants is so good, he's driving the conversation on this here sports fan message board without even lifting his mouse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

I find that disturbing.

No. I'm saying, if you're getting ripped to shreds, sometimes it's better to simply not engage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
rogers park bryan wrote:

I find that disturbing.

the advice that comes out of this place is limited at best, there really isn't an upside to posting here...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:59 am 

crosscheck wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I find that disturbing.

the advice that comes out of this place is limited at best, there really isn't an upside to posting here...

I disagree. The suggestions and comments here ARE helpful. Mac, Grobber, and Goff dont seem to have a problem with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
rogers park bryan wrote:
I disagree. The suggestions and comments here ARE helpful. Mac, Grobber, and Goff dont seem to have a problem with it.

some of them are, but for every good suggestion you have 30 complaints that don't say much more than :"this guy is retarded"

Him posting here isn't going to increase the good suggestions, only the useless ones. I'm sure he reads the boards, and/or mac relays the good suggestions to him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
crosscheck wrote:
... and/or mac relays the good suggestions to him.

That's 12 seconds of the Monday morning pre-production meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Why should he post at a board where a member says in all seriousness that he should quit his job because he's Jewish? You can't kick his ass and then make him come back for more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Meatpants shows up here, he would be bringing a butter knife to a gunfight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:27 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Why should he post at a board where a member says in all seriousness that he should quit his job because he's Jewish? You can't kick his ass and then make him come back for more.

I missed that comment. Thats way too far.

I think there is value in hosts coming here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I missed that comment. Thats way too far.

I think there is value in hosts coming here.

There is value and that's how I've always seen it, plus it always makes things more interesting around here. But I wouldn't be surprised if they just all went back to lurking after reading that crap above. I've been shocked Mac has stuck around this long after some of the constant badgering despite the fact that there is a lot of good constructive criticism in there. I know I wouldn't choose to continue subjecting myself to that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Who made that Jewish comment? Thats crazy.

Just because the host(s) may not post here, doesn't mean they aren't reading and/or taking the suggestions and critques into the production meetings.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Curious Hair wrote:

:shock: who said that? Ikesouth?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:08 pm 

Maybe Im not in the position so I cant speak honestly but I would think it would be easy enough to disregard the ridiculous comments and just focusing on the others.

Actually if I were a host, Id create a different username and post thru it. I wonder if there are hosts among us?

There are for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
I wonder if there are hosts among us?

JHood = elmhurst steve? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Curious Hair wrote:

someone really said that? And meant it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Actually if I were a host, Id create a different username and post thru it. I wonder if there are hosts among us?

Maybe you could but I doubt most of us would. With some of the stupid arguments and escalated fights between just members of the board after a rude posts, I imagine being a host and having an entire board section devoted to talking shit good and bad about me it would be really weird. Hell, look at Larry Johnson. He couldn't keep his mouth shut on Twitter last night and now he's in a world of hurt with his team and likely the NFL. Mac can come here and tell us all to fuck our mothers and he woudn't get in any trouble. Yet he still usually stays above the fray and responding somewhat calmly which perplexes me. I'd be a complete dick to eveyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
It was something about how he was going to miss so much work due to Jewish holidays that it wouldn't be worth keeping him on. I forgot who said it. It wasn't Ike, because it was written in English.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:56 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
It was something about how he was going to miss so much work due to Jewish holidays that it wouldn't be worth keeping him on. I forgot who said it. It wasn't Ike, because it was written in English.

No youre right I think it was Frontman. But it wasnt as evil as you presented it. The post was more about him taking time off for his band.

Im not saying his comments are ok but It sounded way worse the way you made it sound

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Curious Hair wrote:
It wasn't Ike, because it was written in English.

:lol: :lol: I needed that laugh...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:35 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

No youre right I think it was Frontman. But it wasnt as evil as you presented it. The post was more about him taking time off for his band.

Im not saying his comments are ok but It sounded way worse the way you made it sound

No, my comments were not ok. They didn't come across anywhere near the way I meant them; and I did apologize soon after I realized that. If that kept Matt from posting here? Again, a thousand apologies Matt Spiegel.

People say stupid stuff and sometimes say the worst. I don't put my comments in the most vile ever printed here; but they were up there as far as being move offensive than on target.

And never once did I say that he should quit due to his religion. The words quit was never in my post, ever. It was about the time off (and the time he spends focusing on) his band more than his radio job.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
More often than not I don't like when the hosts post here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I wonder if there are hosts among us?

JHood = elmhurst steve? :shock:

No.....I wouldn't be surprised if Matt was turned off to the board with the predominantly negative feedback he would have found here. If it was constructive, he might have continued to read it, but a lot of it was just "Meatpants sucks, Mac needs to change partners." I wouldn't blame him if didn't bother with it. I do think that a thick skinned radio host can derive real benefit, from reading things posted here about how they perform in their job. But I think many people overestimate that value.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Nobody's gonna buy that and you shouldn't be selling it steve. You suck and should change partners, but we still have your ass hanging around posting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:39 am 

Meatpants would get positive feedback if he did something positive for the show. From day one; he's been a distraction and more of a bother. But Mac likes the "good old boys/frat house" feel of a show; so he's not going to do anything to upset that mid-day party that he gets paid for.

Occasionally Mac and Matt will get around to sports; but Silvy and Waddle are clearly a better ran and better focused show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
and S&W are higher-rated than M&M for all those reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Frontman wrote:
Meatpants would get positive feedback if he did something positive for the show. From day one; he's been a distraction and more of a bother. But Mac likes the "good old boys/frat house" feel of a show; so he's not going to do anything to upset that mid-day party that he gets paid for.

Occasionally Mac and Matt will get around to sports; but Silvy and Waddle are clearly a better ran and better focused show.

Frontman,
Your posts on this board puts you on the upper echelon of posters. Key word is FOCUS!
It's a sports show first and foremost. Keep the obscure movie references and steak cooking,cigar affcianado BS to a low level.