It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meatball Mac
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:17 am 

Is it just me or is Mac a bigger meatball this NFL season than in years past?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject: Re: Meatball Mac
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
RFDC wrote:
Is it just me or is Mac a bigger meatball this NFL season than in years past?

Back with MJH, mac was the driver of a three man show, and had less opportunity to give his opinions, now that he is only driving meatpants, he has more opportunity to give his insight, so maybe he's always been this way, but the audience just didn't have the chance to hear it. And sitting next to harry is going to make any meatball sound less meatballish...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:08 pm 

Garrett Wolfe love. . .

Calling Cutler to start screaming at his teammates. . .

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
It can't hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
bigfan wrote:
It can't hurt.

Wolfe or the Screaming?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:45 pm 

It is pretty funny hearing meatpants saying people should be held accountable for how bad they suck. . .

Look in the mirror big man.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Mac should give Cutler the same latitude he gave himself and his crappy show for the past 5 months. Maybe Cutler is treating the first half of the schedule as warm ups and a getting to know you period like Mac has been saying about his own show since June?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: McDonald's
I'm going live on ustream with a call to Lil Wayne, how the best rapper that don't rap is the only one without the new mixtape<---this is me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
DaMaNa got lowest common denominator tickat...

That's really played out. I should stop doing it. I won't stop...but I should.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 am 

Another meatball moment:

Sydney Rice as the WR with the best skill set this year in the NFL.

Seriously Mac? :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Mac has been in serious "throw shit against the wall and see what sticks" mode as of late.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
RFDC wrote:
Another meatball moment:

That has to be taken out of context. Right? Like Sidney Rice is a really skilled juggler or clarinet player or something?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:59 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Another meatball moment:

That has to be taken out of context. Right? Like Sidney Rice is a really skilled juggler or clarinet player or something?

Sadly, no it wasn't taken out of context. Mac said that of all the WRs he has watched this year, Rice has the best skill set. Meatpants said he would still take Andre Johnson and Mac said he was a nice player, but he would take Rice.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:04 pm 

Quote:
Meatpants said he would still take Andre Johnson and Mac said he was a nice player, but he would take Rice.

That's like saying "sure Michael Jordan is nice, but give me John Stockton".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
DaMaNa got lowest common denominator tickat...

That's really played out. I should stop doing it. I won't stop...but I should.

No, really. You should. Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
CSFMB Guy wrote:
Mac has been in serious "throw shit against the wall and see what sticks" mode as of late.

Or maybe he says things just to see Bernsie's oversized head spin.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:56 am 

Chus wrote:
CSFMB Guy wrote:

If we were only talking about stuff said during transition then maybe you would have a point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
CSFMB Guy wrote:

If we were only talking about stuff said during transition then maybe you would have a point.

Bernsie and Mac both address things the other has said on a previous show.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:37 am 

Chus wrote:
Bernsie and Mac both address things the other has said on a previous show.

The recent statements of Mac have not been in a context of anything Bernsie has said.

Have you listened to the show lately or you just throwing stuff out there too? 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:50 pm 

I misspoke on Rice. Meant to say he's the best young receiver in the game. I'll stand by the guy.

As for "meatball".... standing by my Bears/NFL commentaries, too. I've been on this Angelo/Smith thing for several years and everything I've said is coming home to roost. When everybody was doing cartwheels over the Cutler trade, I had only my weekly sawbucks forum to express my thoughts. My angle, in case you've forgotten, was about Ron Turner and his wingmen not possessing the ability to develop him. And that the Bears lacked in several other critical areas where a quarterback needs help. Looks like I was ahead of the curve there, too. Not bad for a meatball.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:
I misspoke on Rice. Meant to say he's the best young receiver in the game. I'll stand by the guy.

As for "meatball".... standing by my Bears/NFL commentaries, too. I've been on this Angelo/Smith thing for several years and everything I've said is coming home to roost. When everybody was doing cartwheels over the Cutler trade, I had only my weekly sawbucks forum to express my thoughts. My angle, in case you've forgotten, was about Ron Turner and his wingmen not possessing the ability to develop him. And that the Bears lacked in several other critical areas where a quarterback needs help. Looks like I was ahead of the curve there, too. Not bad for a meatball.

You are right on the money Mac. The Bears organization is in the same shape now as it was near the end of the Wanny & Jauron regimes. Maybe someday the Bears will learn that hiring tier two first time head coaches is a risky proposition.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:03 pm 

Mac wrote:

Mac, you are one of my favorite Chicago Radio guys around, and I appreciate you replying to my thread on here, but I gotta call BS on this. If you meant "best young receiver in the game", then why when Meatpants said he would go with Andre Johnson, did you stick with Rice???

Thanks for responding. Oh and by the way, please consider replacing meatpants with Oak Park Vandy or Jason Goff. :)

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So Calvin Johnson isn't a young WR? Rice looks like he could be turning into a great WR, but thats just silly Mac. I would think with your five 72'' plasma screen tvs on every Sunday you'd get to see more of the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:17 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
So Calvin Johnson isn't a young WR? Rice looks like he could be turning into a great WR, but thats just silly Mac. I would think with your five 72'' plasma screen tvs on every Sunday you'd get to see more of the league.

First of all...what he said.

Mac wrote:
everything I've said is coming home to roost. When everybody was doing cartwheels over the Cutler trade, I had only my weekly sawbucks forum to express my thoughts. My angle, in case you've forgotten, was about Ron Turner and his wingmen not possessing the ability to develop him. And that the Bears lacked in several other critical areas where a quarterback needs help. Looks like I was ahead of the curve there, too.

Secondly, "the hell you say"... you had several other "angles" on this as well and backed them up with inaccurate stats. Plus I really wouldn't say 7 games really prove your claims... but maybe I need a bigger TV.

The problem with with your critique is that your issues with Cutler were false and/or trivial IMO. Every other problem was with the coaching staff or something that wasn't Cutler. The reason for everyone being so happy was because we got Cutler...not because we got Cutler AND still have Turner/Smith. I'm pretty sure nobody's counting on the current coaching staff outlasting Cutler; probably counting on / hoping for the opposite. Would you rather have waited for the next opportunity to pick up a franchise QB after we bring in the next regime?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:18 pm 

One thing I find impressive is how quickly the common wisdom swung around to Andre Johnson being the best WR in the league. Last year in the playoffs I made the point that it was him and not Larry Johnson and I didn't find any takers. By the time the season started (even before the games began) it seemed like things swung towards Andre and away from Larry.

Yes, Calvin Johnson FTW. Dwayne Bowe, Eddie Royal, and DeSean Jackson are all better as well. And it's early, but the first impression from Michael Crabtree has been very impressive. Brandon Marshall and Marques Colston were drafted one year before Rice. These are just the unarguable, "they are clearly better" players. I haven't mentioned a bunch of guys you could debate about.

Devin Hester (not a WR! Ask Hub!) had more catches last year than Rice had in 2007 and 2008, Rice's first two seasons in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:22 pm 

To be fair, what Rice is doing this year is on par or better with some of the other names you have mentioned IB. We'll obviously need a larger sampler size going forward. Also, playing with a HoF QB who's best asset might be his ability to make the rest of the offensive personell around him better.

Colston and Marshall are clearly better. Not sure about Bowe, Royal, or Jackson though. Bowe almost surely is, just hard to tell with the pathetic situation he's trapped in.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
To be fair, what Rice is doing this year is on par or better with some of the other names you have mentioned IB. We'll obviously need a larger sampler size going forward. Also, playing with a HoF QB who's best asset might be his ability to make the rest of the offensive personell around him better.

Colston and Marshall are clearly better. Not sure about Bowe, Royal, or Jackson though. Bowe almost surely is, just hard to tell with the pathetic situation he's trapped in.

Jackson is, though he's a dope. Bowe is. Royal I'll grant there might be an argument. Hester had some QB excuses in 2007 and 2008 as well. And he was learning the position. Rice gets the benefit on AP in the backfield.

Now that I cogitate a bit more, here's what aggravates me the most about that statement. Imagine that Sidney Rice was a Bear. Imagine he was a high draft pick and had fewer than 50 catches in his first two years in the league. Then imagine he had a very good start to his third year. I can imagine Mac (or other hosts) saying a lot of positive things ("It looks like Sidney Rice to getting things together" or some such.) I cannot imagine, in a million years, any of them saying "this is the best young WR in the league". He'd never do it after half a season when the first two seasons sucked so much. Because the person plays for a different team it frees him up to make that claim though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:30 pm 

I agree with all of that. My point with Rice is that although he's had a horrible first two years, maybe he got his shit together this year, along with getting a real QB. WR usually has one of the longest learning curves. I'm not ready to say Jackson is a better WR, although he's probably a more valuable player overall. Rice has looked really damn good all year long.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:35 pm 

Agreed. He could be a very nice player. But 1.) the "best" observation is crazy, 2.) The "best young" observation is still crazy, and 3.) at least let him compile a track record before making a crazy statement.