It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: mac show is weak
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:28 am 
1000 CLUB

I'll admit I appreciate my healthy children a little more Mac. They are both now in College and you will never experience that with that particular child. I admire the fact that you've made a positive out a tremendous negative. Seems you couldnt love that kid more than you do and I bet he knows it. I sound extremely gay by saying this but I bet that kid brings you a lot of joy. You sound like a proud 'ol Dad when you mention him. Thats all that matters. Ask any parent worth a damn. Fuck the rest.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 am 

As a parent of a child that has special needs, but not autistic, I only see a part of what Mac does and it pisses me off. Makes you realize what judgemental assholes that uninformed people can be. Having a child be upset and not being able to comfort or calm them down is like a constant kick in the nuts. Mac is a good guy and one hell of a parent. Those that bust his balls for a radio show can do what they want, but these type of statements are beyond pathetic.
Eaglo I wont be 'listening to your show to see if apology is made'. But I do think that you need to reconsider a friendship with someone that would say these things. If not, the two of you should spend some time with some kids that he enjoys making fun of, then have him post some thoughts.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Vincent Antonelli wrote:
As a parent of a child that has special needs, but not autistic, I only see a part of what Mac does and it pisses me off. Makes you realize what judgemental assholes that uninformed people can be. Having a child be upset and not being able to comfort or calm them down is like a constant kick in the nuts. Mac is a good guy and one hell of a parent. Those that bust his balls for a radio show can do what they want, but these type of statements are beyond pathetic.
Eaglo I wont be 'listening to your show to see if apology is made'. But I do think that you need to reconsider a friendship with someone that would say these things. If not, the two of you should spend some time with some kids that he enjoys making fun of, then have him post some thoughts.

Couldn't have said it any better, couldn't agree any more. Nicely put Vinnie.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:25 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think Mac does a great job bringing awareness and support to this issue through his charity golf outings and events as well as discussions on-air.

I think it's great that he puts a face to this for many people who may not know what it's all about and get a more personal understanding of it. I hope he continues to do so and is not deterred by idiotic comments.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:29 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
as much as I hate the crap I'm anti moderators

Me too. Mac's right.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
Mr. Belvidere wrote:
I'll admit I appreciate my healthy children a little more Mac. They are both now in College and you will never experience that with that particular child. I admire the fact that you've made a positive out a tremendous negative. Seems you couldnt love that kid more than you do and I bet he knows it. I sound extremely gay by saying this but I bet that kid brings you a lot of joy. You sound like a proud 'ol Dad when you mention him. Thats all that matters. Ask any parent worth a damn. Fuck the rest.

Congrats on your children being in college. I hope that you are not paying for it as college is one of the biggest wastes of money in this country. Hopefully they are paying for it themselves or they have scholarships. Anyone who pays for their children's college education is just throwing money away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 pm 

Bud Dude wrote:
Mr. Belvidere wrote:

Congrats on your children being in college. I hope that you are not paying for it as college is one of the biggest wastes of money in this country. Hopefully they are paying for it themselves or they have scholarships. Anyone who pays for their children's college education is just throwing money away.

What? You can't be serious?

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
DegenerateDave wrote:

Read this article, Dave. Strictly from a monetary standpoint, on average, college is a bad investment.

http://www.aboutreef.org/is-college-worth-it.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:44 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Read this article, Dave. Strictly from a monetary standpoint, on average, college is a bad investment.

I'm reading it now and it's pretty compelling evidence, but I guess from a conventional standpoint I always just assumed that parents saved money for their kids to go to college from the time that they were young. I'm not as shocked that the wages don't differ greatly though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Vincent Antonelli wrote:

I am extremely upset over the commnets that were made and I have let him know that this is unacceptable! I haven't talked to him since I let him have it. I don't think he enjoys making fun of kids with special needs either. He was trolling and trying to get a rise out of the board (for what reason I don't know). I don't even know if it was actually him that made those comments as one of his friends created Stagecoach. He gave him the password for that night so one of two of them made it of course. I don't blame you for not listening to the show....it sucks anyway. I'm doing it for fun, but at this moment it's not fun to even think about. I have reconsidered my "friendship" with him. He has some other unethical things that he's been doing, which I don't even want to mention. I'm friends with Mac and would never even think of saying anything so ridiculous, so yeah...I'm really so upset abou this that I'm crying as I type this. As the saying goes, you're known by the company you keep. I really need to ponder some things right now. :(

I have a twin cousins and one of them has CP, so I totally understand what it's like for someone that has a child with special needs. Even if I didn't, I still don't know why anyone would say that what John or his friend did.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:09 pm 

Jeff,

You don't need to defend yourself to anyone on this board any further. I don't think there is anyone that doubts your credibility, as I said before. Take this as a positive, if there's a way to do that. Look at it this way - you could have spent even more time and resources on this (or these) tool(s) before you realized what kind of jags that they were.

You are a good guy and we have all been guilty by association by the company we have kept at some time or other. We have all learned from these situations and moved on. You will too.

Don't even offer any further responses to or about this guy or these guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Thanks Dave. I appreciate it. :)

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bud Dude wrote:
Mr. Belvidere wrote:

Yes I'm paying for it. My kids are pretty smart so its not all out of pocket but U of I in two years is a bit intimidating. I dont care what it costs because my kids will finish college. Its only money. What the fuck else will I do with it? (in a Ron Gleason Voice) "You cant take it wih you"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:12 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

That supposes, of course, that the only reason people go to college is for an increase in pay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

That supposes, of course, that the only reason people go to college is for an increase in pay.

Good counter point. I was the first person in my family to go to college and I paid my own way. I respected the classes and the work alot more because it was my own money. I want to be able to provide that experience to my daughter for monetary and educational reasons, but the experience as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:35 pm 

In addition to "wrong" ones, people go to college for any number of "right" reasons: a higher calling, a thirst for knowledge and expertise, the "experience," as you mentioned, i.e. learning social independence and autonomy. Nobody goes to college to lose money and, ultimately (and, again this is strictly in a material sense) enjoy a lesser quality of life, via diminished returns and/or long term indebtedness.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Quote:
a higher calling, a thirst for knowledge and expertise, the "experience," as you mentioned, i.e. learning social independence and autonomy.

I'm sorry, but this is such a huge fucking joke. One percent of the people in college go to college for that reason. No one is sitting around the library debating Plato or Spinoza. College is an extention of high school at this point, and the only reason anyone gets their undergraduate degree is because either they need it to go to professional school, or because it's now a job requirement for almost every non-physical job. Men also go for the huge increase in both the quantity and quality of poon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:44 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Quote:
a higher calling, a thirst for knowledge and expertise, the "experience," as you mentioned, i.e. learning social independence and autonomy.

I'm sorry, but this is such a huge fucking joke. One percent of the people in college go to college for that reason. No one is sitting around the library debating Plato or Spinoza. College is an extention of high school at this point, and the only reason anyone gets their undergraduate degree is because either they need it to go to professional school, or because it's now a job requirement for almost every non-physical job. Men also go for the huge increase in both the quantity and quality of poon.

Well that settles it - my kid is now not going to college for sure! She will not be "poon" to anyone damnit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Spaca Napoli
More recent data add a topical wrinkle of unemployment to the analysis:

http://www.bls.gov/emp/emptab7.htm

Based on this 2008 information, a high school graduate is twice as likely to be unemployed as someone with a bachelors degree, and earns on average 60% of the college graduate's weekly earnings.

Even more current data shows that current unemployment rate is 11.2% for high school graduates and 4.7% for those with a college degree or higher, so the differential is, in fact, growing.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t04.htm

While a large percentage of guys may well go to college for poon, that does not seem to have been amongst the answers given in this University of Colorado study.

http://www.colorado.edu/pba/surveys/ug/99/college.htm

Perhaps they should redo it...

:alien:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
What people say and how they act are two different things. Just because 18 year old kids say "yeah, this will make me a better person" doesn't mean they're going to take active steps to make themselves better thinkers.

And I'm sure that college grads do better than others. That's because society has decided that everyone must go to college, even those that are dreadfully unequipped to do so. Now, almost everyone goes to college, so by not going to college you're signaling laziness more than anything. That wasn't the case 30 or 40 years ago, when it was entirely common for intelligent people not to go to college. I think it was better back then, and I think that we'd be better served not forcing degrees, and debt, upon everyone. Not every job requires four years of pretending to care about important books.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Irish Boy wrote:
Quote:

I think that the percentage of people you speak of differ from school to school.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:13 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Quote:

I was trying to be diplomatic, ya potato-eatin' shyster.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I'm in favor of moderating this board. Not heavily, but I'm starting to think that some of the really beyond-the-pale comments should get zapped. Too many people getting too personal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
i agree with ib. I think i coulda done alright in college if i tried i was just lazy as hell. I'm cool with how stuff worked out tho

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Music Critics at Large with a message to Bud Dude wrote:
Congrats going to the Bryan Adams concert. I hope that you are not paying for it as Bryan Adams is one of the biggest posers and wastes of time in music. Anyone who pays for Bryan Adams concert tickets is just throwing money away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:21 am 

FavreFan wrote:
i agree with ib. I think i coulda done alright in college if i tried i was just lazy as hell. I'm cool with how stuff worked out tho

FF I was the same way when I was younger. I actually joined the Navy to get my life in line and learn a skill. Did you enlist as a resident of Illinois? Are you aware of the Illinois Veteran's Grant?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Barone wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FF I was the same way when I was younger. I actually joined the Navy to get my life in line and learn a skill. Did you enlist as a resident of Illinois? Are you aware of the Illinois Veteran's Grant?

yeah i heard about that after i joined. I plan on taking advantage of it

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:51 am 

It's a pretty good deal. I thought it expired after 10 years like the GI Bill, but it doesn't. You get 120 credit hours to use no matter how long it takes. Glad to see that they haven't taken that away with all of the other budget cuts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:03 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
That wasn't the case 30 or 40 years ago, when it was entirely common for intelligent people not to go to college. I think it was better back then, and I think that we'd be better served not forcing degrees, and debt, upon everyone. Not every job requires four years of pretending to care about important books.

going to college was better 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
EVERY post in this thread is stupid including mine.