It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

again by Silvy and Waddle. Otherwise the ALS and mac would be here beating their small chests about his ratings. This show is gone after one year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I remember when you insisted the Score was going all hispanic!

Granted it would have been hysterical to hear Mike North try and say Jaromir Jagr in spanish!

SID, we gonna see you at some bowling?????

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:01 pm 

October ratings: S&W (9a - 1p) had a 6.1, which was 3rd among men 25-54. DMS had a 5.3, which was 6th, m25-54. S&W were the most listened to (adult men) in time slot on AM band. TDMS was second most listened to on AM band.

October of '08, Score posted a 3.7, so we've raised it considerably. Also lifted numbers radically from Sept. of '09, from a 3.7.

S&W have a solid show. I always have said that. We're pleased to be on their asses in only our fourth full month together. For the record, it took MJH three years to get any traction.

Sportsradio is VERY healthy on both outlets right now. M&M were first among adult men, with M&H right on their ass at No.2. M&H are posting morning numbers NEVER posted before by the Score's bevy of morning teams. In afternoons, B&B are nippin' at CJH's heels also.

I'm not in the game for only a few ratings months... or for the next year or two. I'm in it for the long haul and am not going anywhere anytime soon. Giggle, if you like, over TDMS not being No.1 yet. It will get there. Habits change slowly. I know that. The pick-up truck with Indiana plates didn't drop me off downtown for the first time this past summer. Very pleased with the quick growth and all of us on the show know it's headed in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
CJH has gotten better. Harry still is Harry, but overall the show has improved. It was a trainwreck when it first started.

Keep up the effort, Mac. I'm sure with this Bears D doing what it does best, and dumbfuck Tommie Harris, the shows will be interesting tomorrow.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:
October ratings: S&W (9a - 1p) had a 6.1, which was 3rd among men 25-54. DMS had a 5.3, which was 6th, m25-54. S&W were the most listened to (adult men) in time slot on AM band. TDMS was second most listened to on AM band.

October of '08, Score posted a 3.7, so we've raised it considerably. Also lifted numbers radically from Sept. of '09, from a 3.7.

S&W have a solid show. I always have said that. We're pleased to be on their asses in only our fourth full month together. For the record, it took MJH three years to get any traction.

Sportsradio is VERY healthy on both outlets right now. M&M were first among adult men, with M&H right on their ass at No.2. M&H are posting morning numbers NEVER posted before by the Score's bevy of morning teams. In afternoons, B&B are nippin' at CJH's heels also.

I'm not in the game for only a few ratings months... or for the next year or two. I'm in it for the long haul and am not going anywhere anytime soon. Giggle, if you like, over TDMS not being No.1 yet. It will get there. Habits change slowly. I know that. The pick-up truck with Indiana plates didn't drop me off downtown for the first time this past summer. Very pleased with the quick growth and all of us on the show know it's headed in the right direction.

Mac, I know you can't & won't discuss this publicly, but I know that you know that sooner or later you must address your partner. He is draggin' you down big time.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Wait a second Kirk, since when do you not like Spiegel?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Miss a little. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:01 pm 

A7X wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I actually miss Murph & would gladly listen to him in mid-days again.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:21 pm 
Scorehead wrote:

And that's why we assume you live in the Elgin Loonie Bin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The one thing I like about Mac is he tells it like he feels, and he feels Lovie SUCKS and he does! That was a bad loss like all loses are bad,like all wins are good. Mac won't kiss ass like the rest of em give him hell Dan :wink:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:

Mac, I know you can't & won't discuss this publicly, but I know that you know that sooner or later you must address your partner. He is draggin' you down big time.

Same was said about Harry for all those years and is still said today. MJH was a fantastic show despite this boards loathing of Harry and a few here seem to have the same thoughts on Mr. Meatpants but the show had made leaps and bounds over the months and the ratings show it. I do listen to both shows and yes, S&W have a better over all show at this point and many have credited to how the show is produced and I would agree with that statement.

Congrats Mac and slowly but surely you are shutting these clowns up here and its fun to see.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
The one thing I like about Mac is he tells it like he feels, and he feels Lovie SUCKS and he does! That was a bad loss like all loses are bad,like all wins are good. Mac won't kiss ass like the rest of em give him hell Dan :wink:

Yeah it should be intresting on tommorow's show, with the performance today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:51 pm 

THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:

Same was said about Harry for all those years and is still said today. MJH was a fantastic show despite this boards loathing of Harry and a few here seem to have the same thoughts on Mr. Meatpants but the show had made leaps and bounds over the months and the ratings show it. I do listen to both shows and yes, S&W have a better over all show at this point and many have credited to how the show is produced and I would agree with that statement.

Congrats Mac and slowly but surely you are shutting these clowns up here and its fun to see.

So let me get this straight. S&W have the better show, but you congratulate Mac?
What do you think about Meatpants? Does he help or hurt Mac?
If Mac was either solo or with anyone else, he would be #1 in his timeslot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:01 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
="Scorehead let me get this straight. S&W have the better show, but you congratulate Mac?
If Mac was either solo or with anyone else, he would be #1 in his timeslot

I guess I'll have to hold your hand and walk you through this one Potsie. Mac stated the ratings are up in the slot he took over and the show has gotten better over time so to pass along kudos is wrong? Can't help you there pal if you don't understand that one.

I have no issues with Matt at all. He stands up to Mac and say's what's on his mind and is not afraid to tell Boers and Bernstein to pound sand during transition. He is Very insightful with his baseball and football acumen and has a very good sense of humor and does add a side to the show I like. Im not supposed to like him because negative creeps on a message board say we shouldn't?? Barking up the wrong tree there fella.

I have said for a long time that the meatball callers bring down all the shows on the Score because they are meatballs and really don't have a clue what they are saying most day's and that relects on the hosts in my mind on a daily basis. I don't remember Dan taking stupid calls from people to often on his last show and let me say his last show was very well produced and was a work in progress for sometime.

Having said all that , you guys can have your likes and dislikes but I give Dan credit for taking what is said here with a grain of salt because at the end of the day he still has a better job than most of us and is doing what he loves to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hey Windsock,
I have been called MEATBALL,but I agree with you. I like Mac & Meat. Your dead-on about Meat. He does not bow to B&B during transition. I respect him for that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Scorehead wrote:
A7X wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

North, Murph, Shaer, Memolo.............Tom Webb and The Bull have passed on.......

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Beating Murph's numbers is quite an accomplishment. Great job, Mackeyfish.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Mac, the only thing the show is missing is more Wildcat love!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
The Danny Mac Show: More Cawk, More Talk, More Cawk-Talk.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Mac wrote:

I love how Mac has gone from "wait till football season" to "wait till a couple years from now" regarding when his show is going to stop sucking.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
S'funny. Ed Sherman says Mully & Hanley abused M&M this period, too. Whatever :-) Hurray, everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:47 am 
1000 CLUB

THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Quote:
="Scorehead let me get this straight. S&W have the better show, but you congratulate Mac?
If Mac was either solo or with anyone else, he would be #1 in his timeslot

I guess I'll have to hold your hand and walk you through this one Potsie. Mac stated the ratings are up in the slot he took over and the show has gotten better over time so to pass along kudos is wrong? Can't help you there pal if you don't understand that one.

I have no issues with Matt at all. He stands up to Mac and say's what's on his mind and is not afraid to tell Boers and Bernstein to pound sand during transition. He is Very insightful with his baseball and football acumen and has a very good sense of humor and does add a side to the show I like. Im not supposed to like him because negative creeps on a message board say we shouldn't?? Barking up the wrong tree there fella.

I have said for a long time that the meatball callers bring down all the shows on the Score because they are meatballs and really don't have a clue what they are saying most day's and that relects on the hosts in my mind on a daily basis. I don't remember Dan taking stupid calls from people to often on his last show and let me say his last show was very well produced and was a work in progress for sometime.

Having said all that , you guys can have your likes and dislikes but I give Dan credit for taking what is said here with a grain of salt because at the end of the day he still has a better job than most of us and is doing what he loves to do.

Right on!

Mac forgot the Webio ratings. How'd they do?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I make no bones about the fact that I am a fan of Murph, but without being paired with someone, he can be a rough listen. His baseball points are usually a little out there, like when he insisted that Fontenot was an everyday second baseman. His cubbie love can get annoying at times. Mac and Spiegel dont do enough to keep me hooked to them, but at no point have I ever listened to them and thought it would be better if I was listening to just Murphy. I can almost bet that most people feel the same way and the only reason they would say they want Murph in the afternoons over this show have a personal vendetta.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
DaMaNa got "blind optimism" tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

You people are hilarious. The show makes a significant jump in the ratings, but the show "still sucks." What excuse are you people going to make when Mac hits #1 for his timeslot again?

And for the record, before anybody accuses me of being an ALS'er, I have been listening to more Waddle Silvy than Mac over the past few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You people are hilarious. The show makes a significant jump in the ratings, but the show "still sucks." What excuse are you people going to make when Mac hits #1 for his timeslot again?.

If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with Mac in the MJH days and has always happened with Murph. The facts never seem to mesh with the opinions I read regarding either of them on this board.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
i'd be interested to know how the overall ratings (all day) have changed since mac left 1000 and came to the score.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

I gave this show a listen just about everyday when it first started. After the initial, "Hey Mac is back on air again!", I went to am1000 because frankly this show was not very entertaining to me. Gave it another shot a few weeks after that, and it was better. It continues to get better, and the ratings are reflecting that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You people are hilarious. The show makes a significant jump in the ratings, but the show "still sucks." What excuse are you people going to make when Mac hits #1 for his timeslot again?.

If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with Mac in the MJH days and has always happened with Murph. The facts never seem to mesh with the opinions I read regarding either of them on this board.

The changing of the ratings measurement system has been an incredible boon to sports talk, and a kick in the ass to WGN.

In the old days, ratings were calculated by people filling out a weekly diary that was a log of their radio listening habits.

Quick question. How many men do you know keep a diary?

The people meters collect info electronically much like the Nielsen TV ratings. The sample is more accurate than the diary. Dahl and others like him would come to mind, out of habit, when you would fill out the diary at the end of the week. ( It should have been done daily) WGN was often rewarded for the same reason. They have both taken a tremendous beating. (And words you thought that you would NEVER read. Doesn't Spike O'dell look like a genius. For retiring when he did.)

Mac should be commended for the job his show did in the last book.