It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wisconsinites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Noticing quite a larger caller base from Southern Wisconsin?

Post subject: Re: Wisconsinites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
bigfan wrote:

Lot's of fans up here BigFan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 am 

T-Bone wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Lot's of fats up here BigFan.

Fixed :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Lot's of fats up here BigFan.

Fixed :wink:

:twisted: Hey! I resemble that remark!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:09 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Whats funny is I never hesistate to make that joke because Wisconsinites seem to be realistic and largely ok with it.

Ive never heard anyone even slightly debate it :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I wonder if the sports radio hosts up there finally got sick of the dumb callers and told them to call down here. When I was working in Racine, Id listen to their sports talk on occasion just to laugh. You get the "Ya know, I dunno about da Packers. I like Aaron, ya know, seems like a good young boy, but I dont know how their gonna protect him. Ya know, the line is just not that good. I dunno why its not good. They need ta get better and ya know, I think they could be playoff team then...." and then they would ramble and ramble and ramble.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Whats funny is I never hesistate to make that joke because Wisconsinites seem to be realistic and largely ok with it.

Ive never heard anyone even slightly debate it :D

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/200 ... tate_N.htm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:16 am 

Honestly, there are fat people everywhere, but you are right as far
as people up here just letting it all hang out and being ok with it.
I am heavy but hitting the gym consistiently and working at it this
winter. I will say that Wisconsinites overall are pretty good sports
fans. A lot of them are Packers and Brewers meatballs, but if you
belly up to a bar anywhere over the border, most men and women alike
can talk to you about the Packers somewhat intelligently.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:19 am 

I find Wisconsinites to be incredibly knowledgeable about the Packers, not so much the rest of the league. I see Cardinal Fans the same way.

My brother lives in Milwaukee. One time I got into a friendly agrument debate over football with a guy. It ended him telling me

"Illinois sucks. How do you live down there? Flatlander! You guys come up here for vacation, spend all your money blah blah drunken rambling"

It was something to behold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I find Wisconsinites to be incredibly knowledgeable about the Packers, not so much the rest of the league. I see Cardinal Fans the same way.

My brother lives in Milwaukee. One time I got into a friendly agrument debate over football with a guy. It ended him telling me

"Illinois sucks. How do you live down there? Flatlander! You guys come up here for vacation, spend all your money blah blah drunken rambling"

Yeah, I lived in Milwaukee for almost 5 years after college. Great town and area in general
but when you run into the drunken guy who has barely left the borders of the great state of
Wisconsin, that is the kind of logic that eventually wins out. It's not easy being a Bears fan
up there or admitting you are from Illinois.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:24 am 

T-Bone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yeah, I lived in Milwaukee for almost 5 years after college. Great town and area in general
but when you run into the drunken guy who has barely left the borders of the great state of
Wisconsin, that is the kind of logic that eventually wins out. It's not easy being a Bears fan
up there or admitting you are from Illinois.

I always have a blast up there. My brother's friends and neighbors are really cool. Even the drunk guy is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:29 am 

I always said that I enjoyed living in Indiana except for all the people from Indiana. I have a feeling Wisconsin would be the same way.

Packers fans are incredibly knowledgeable about their own team.

The worst fans are Colts fans though. I'm pretty sure they think that the NFL started the day that Peyton Manning was drafted. I'm sure it will be an afterthought as soon as he retires too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:30 am 

There is an extremely weird complex going on with a lot of people from Wisconsin. I am baffled by the level of disdain for everything from the state of Illinois. And the level of hatred for Cubs fans in general simply does not make any sense.

I used to post frequently on a Wisco board, and the comments towards the Cubs were mind-blowing. Far beyond what you would expect. One of the biggest things that drives me crazy, is how they rip on the quality of Cubs fans... mostly because of their "party" attitude and things of that sort. What I find silly, is there is an extremely large portion of Badger fans who act the same exact way.

I think a lot of it has to do with FIBs bringing their boat up for the weekend. That absolutely drives them nuts. Honestly, I feel like that could be at the root of all their hatred for everything Illinois... but even after spending 4 years there, I still can't quite figure everything out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:41 am 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
One of the biggest things that drives me crazy, is how they rip on the quality of Cubs fans... mostly because of their "party" attitude and things of that sort. What I find silly, is there is an extremely large portion of Badger fans who act the same exact way.

I think a lot of it has to do with FIBs bringing their boat up for the weekend. That absolutely drives them nuts. Honestly, I feel like that could be at the root of all their hatred for everything Illinois... but even after spending 4 years there, I still can't quite figure everything out.

Yes, I have seen some ugly incidents at Brewers tailgating events that were anti-Illinois.
The Wisconsin people shouldn't blame Illinois partygoers, as the Wisconsinites can hold their
own against anyone and usually try to. You are right about them being ultra protective
about their lakes and land. They fail to grasp the idea of Illinois dollars simulating commerce
in small and rural areas. It's called tourism dollars, and they should be happy they are getting it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:46 am 

T-Bone wrote:
One of the biggest things that drives me crazy, is how they rip on the quality of Cubs fans... mostly because of their "party" attitude and things of that sort. What I find silly, is there is an extremely large portion of Badger fans who act the same exact way.

Yes, I have seen some ugly incidents at Brewers tailgating events that were anti-Illinois.
The Wisconsin people shouldn't blame Illinois partygoers, as the Wisconsinites can hold their
own against anyone and usually try to. You are right about them being ultra protective
about their lakes and land. They fail to grasp the idea of Illinois dollars simulating commerce
in small and rural areas. It's called tourism dollars, and they should be happy they are getting it.

Agreed. I've tried to have that conversation before, but it's rarely received positively. Probably doesn't help that a few times I was wearing my "Wisconsin is a suburb of Chicago t-shirt."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:32 am 
1000 CLUB

Puckhead wrote:
I wonder if the sports radio hosts up there finally got sick of the dumb callers and told them to call down here. When I was working in Racine, Id listen to their sports talk on occasion just to laugh. You get the "Ya know, I dunno about da Packers. I like Aaron, ya know, seems like a good young boy, but I dont know how their gonna protect him. Ya know, the line is just not that good. I dunno why its not good. They need ta get better and ya know, I think they could be playoff team then...." and then they would ramble and ramble and ramble.

Sounds a lot like the Bears fans that call in and some of the meatball hosts too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's

that just amuses me to no end especially where I grew up. Lake Geneva...really? c'mon. how many wisconsinites make the trip to the Chain every weekend?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:

They just got radio BF.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:29 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:

They just got radio BF.

Stay out of Wisconsin pal! :wink: