It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LoHo's open
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:19 am 

Just wondering if I'm the only one that thinks the song that LWH plays to open his show is so fucking gay. Just curious.

Post subject: Re: LoHo's open
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah it's pretty bad, but so easily eclipsed when the actual show starts. Check out my blog!!! And now for some boring updates on my personal fantasy football team!!! I'm sure the audience is fascinated that I need some guy to score 2 touchdowns for my team on Monday night football. Riveting Chicago sports radio talk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I heard it near the end of an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" that I had DVR'd. It was near the end of the Las Vegas tryouts, but I have no clue what that music is that LoHo uses to start his evening show...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Care to give us any LWH stories Cy? I've heard from people that he's an ass off the air too....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Positano's Pizza
spmack wrote:
Care to give us any LWH stories Cy? I've heard from people that he's an ass off the air too....

You better watch out there spmack. LoHo is known to throw a punch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
West46thStreet wrote:
spmack wrote:

You better watch out there spmack. LoHo is known to throw a punch.

The punch wouldn't hurt since it's coming from a limp wrist.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
urkel fights dirty :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
The opening sucked tonight, then the show only got worse from then on.

The two times I tuned in for a few minutes out in the car I heard literally the same soundbite of Kellen Davis talking to Laurence about adult autograph seekers. Memo to Laurence: if it isn't that interesting in the first place, then no need to play it again two hours later!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
What was Davis saying exactly? I've always thought there's nothing more pathetic than an adult autograph seeker.

This has to be someone's signature.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:20 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Time Traveling Bunny wrote:
What was Davis saying exactly? I've always thought there's nothing more pathetic than an adult autograph seeker.

Davis told a story about him and Matt Forte out on some Saturday night at a Chicago bowling alley when some random guy approached Forte with a handful of his pictures asking for autographs. Forte replied, "No," and the guy walked away. I think that was the gist of the story, that they were approached at a totally random time and place by a grown man who had all these Matt Forte pictures in hand, waiting to get them signed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:23 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Wow. Yeah, that is boring. I thought it might have been a rant about how crazy those people are.

This has to be someone's signature.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
I don't know what the hell happened to Loho. He used to be pretty good. Back in the day when him and Hood did a wrestling show, it was pretty entertaining. Maybe he is just better as part of a team instead of solo. He struggles when he is on his own.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
spmack wrote:

Don't be like that Spmack. Laurence was cool with us when we were there.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:27 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
spmack wrote:

Don't be like that Spmack. Laurence was cool with us when we were there.

True, remember I've been one of the few people on this board that like Laurence on air for the most part.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:32 am 

Yeah, I've really never gotten the Laurence hate and I still don't.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:34 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
DegenerateDave wrote:
Maybe he is just better as part of a team instead of solo. He struggles when he is on his own.

I disagree. I think he is better solo. He tends to take on the affectations of whoever he is working with as part of a team.

Solo he seems too exuberant and overly dramatic but he tones it down on the evening show. I like the evening show.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
spmack wrote:
True, remember I've been one of the few people on this board that like Laurence on air for the most part.

I also enjoy listening to his evening show. Just a very casual, easy listen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:54 am 

Sharp stick in the eye > Larry on the radio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza in Lisle
A few guys called in and said that the Bears' ownership structure has something to do with the dismal product on the field and LoHo went crazy. Then a few said that the Bears have no heart and Larry went nuts again. I think that it's pretty obvious that the Bears ownership structure has alot to do with the dismal product on the field. I also think the following Bears don't really play hard: Pace, Olsen, Bennett, Harris, Ogunleye (classic contract year guy).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 am 

LanceBriggs'Lambo wrote:
A few guys called in and said that the Bears' ownership structure has something to do with the dismal product on the field and LoHo went crazy.

No, the caller I heard said specifically that the Bears' upper-management doesn't care about winning. That's why Laurence reacted. You can't get on the radio and make a statement like that without anything to back it up. So Laurence responded by reading a statement from Ted Phillips from yesterday on the Bears website to refute the caller's point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 am 

LanceBriggs'Lambo wrote:
A few guys called in and said that the Bears' ownership structure has something to do with the dismal product on the field and LoHo went crazy.

No, the caller I heard said specifically that the Bears' upper-management doesn't care about winning. That's why Laurence reacted. You can't get on the radio and make a statement like that without anything to back it up.

At the risk of rehashing old internets fights, one could say that the Bear history of the past 50-60 years would provide a mountain of "proof" backing that up.

But then again, I've always felt that LoHo has kept plenty of ChapStick as not to chafe the organ-I-zation's collective ass. He goes on the strange little guy warpath against Lovie, but is frighteningly friendly to Bear players & oddly mute about the Bear higher ups.

I can have LoHo's show on in the background, but to actively listen quickly becomes PTFB radio for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:30 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
He goes on the strange little guy warpath against Lovie, but is frighteningly friendly to Bear players & oddly mute about the Bear higher ups.

Agreed.

Larry wants a Zack Zaidman type role with the Bears broadcasting team, and will lick as many balls as it takes to get there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Me and Z was good...he's a non-listen for me now, mainly because he apes whatever his co-host sez, especially Bernsie. I just want him to have his own thoughts and not preface them with bluster more in line with the delivery of the 10 commandments.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza in Lisle
LanceBriggs'Lambo wrote:

No, the caller I heard said specifically that the Bears' upper-management doesn't care about winning. That's why Laurence reacted. You can't get on the radio and make a statement like that without anything to back it up. So Laurence responded by reading a statement from Ted Phillips from yesterday on the Bears website to refute the caller's point.

Actually the statement was from Jerry Angelo and it was anything but reassuring. It probably doesn't make sense to read from the Bears' website to counter an anti-Bears ownership point. He screamed at the guy and then said "Please hang with us as I will be telling you a story about Kellen Davis' autograph signing". He should've gone with "Matt Forte: boxers or briefs?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:35 pm 

Cy wrote:
Just wondering if I'm the only one that thinks the song that LWH plays to open his show is so fucking gay. Just curious.

Hmm, interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
spmack wrote:
Cy wrote:

Hmm, interesting.

what's interesting, encyclopedia? SHAKE THAT was so much more than an intro song, a bumper, or anything of the sort. It transcended sports talk radio and compelled us hardcore LoHeads to stop what we were doing and SHAKE THAT. As someone who SHOOK THAT every damn day circa 6:02pm on the metra for a month or two, I can tell you that my proclivity to let laurence, via LMFAO, make my body rock and lose control, actually got me into countless impromptu conversations, oft times spreading the word about THE PEOPLE'S SHOW. one time SHAKING THAT resulted in a conversation which broke the ice to acquire a phone number, which in turn led to a date, which in another turn led to gloriously uninspired mediocre sex after a gloriously uninspired mediocre night out. has anyone ever managed this after listening to the intro to any other sports talk radio show/ I THINK NAUGHT!

this awesomeness only manifested because one sports talk show host dared to defy convention and challenged us to SHAKE THAT. had i not had the intestinal fortitude </gorillamonsoon> to SHAKE THAT that whole gloriously uninspired mediocre night of coupling would not have happened. i shall forever be grateful for laurence's contributions to my life/style. i have unsuccessfully tried to compel laurence to bring back SHAKE THAT, if even for a night, because dammit, I want the music to grip my soul and wiggle me until i've invented a new dance move. only one Man in our whole chicago sports talk radio landscape understands, and he's known to those closest to him simply as Lantern.

I need to start saying SHAKE THAT in latin so it sounds more official, which will make it befitting of being at the base of the statue of laurence holmes outside of the CBS radio studios someday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:thumleft:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
sinicalypse wrote:
I need to start saying SHAKE THAT in latin so it sounds more official

Google Translate says it's "emoliri," which sounds just like "Emo Leery."

"Emolir" is "ACCOMPLISH WITH GREAT EFFORT"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I was walking down 18th street last week and some dude in old beat up taurus had his radio on real loud..the song was fucking great..never heard it b4 in spanish..my name is mud but mellamo mud...if comp was faster I would download it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Been in deep thought about this for the past 3 years?