It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: sit down

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hey NearDumbfromSessra, Millen is doing the game tonight....that's pretty relevant in my opinion...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:44 am 

Just because the NFL network has low standards doesn't mean the Macky Dan Show should follow suit. Jeez.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:48 am 

How many of Millen's 1st round draft picks still play for the Lions? How many are even still in the NFL?

Millen took this guy 2nd OVERALL in the draft:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4481072

Defending Matt Millen's football acumen? not a good look.

Worse is giving Millen any sort of media outlet to puke up his garbage.

You don't create an 0-16 team overnight. It took years and years of Millen's handiwork to craft the worst team in NFL history.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:56 am 

Erik Estrada wrote:
]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/nocres/ErikEstrada.jpg

:lol: Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This section fucking sucks. I'm glad Mac doesn't post here as much anymore.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This section was much better two years ago.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: ***
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It's funny how, in your opinion, the quality of the section is directly proportional to the adulation for Mac.

Anyway, I don't see how Millen's record as a GM has anything to do with his ability to call a game. After all, he was a pretty good commentator before he got the GM position.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Irish Boy wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It's funny how, in your opinion, the quality of the section is directly proportional to the adulation for Mac.

Anyway, I don't see how Millen's record as a GM has anything to do with his ability to call a game. After all, he was a pretty good commentator before he got the GM position.

+1 He's a good listen on ESPN college football and Monday Night Countdown too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

The ALS'ers can make this section a horrendous read too, but its the Glooplans, Hussras, John Kirks, and the lot that really make this board, and even more so this section, a waste of time*.

*says the man closing in on 20K posts...

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
Anyway, I don't see how Millen's record as a GM has anything to do with his ability to call a game.

True. If that were the case, Hawk Harrelson would never call a game.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
Anyway, I don't see how Millen's record as a GM has anything to do with his ability to call a game.

True. If that were the case, Hawk Harrelson would never call a game.

Can 'o corn...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:06 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The ALS'ers can make this section a horrendous read too, but its the Glooplans, Hussras, John Kirks, and the lot that really make this board, and even more so this section, a waste of time*.

So, tell us, O great sage, who should post here? If you like something too much or dislike something too much, it's a waste of time, so maybe we should only allow excessively neutral, vanilla posts. That would be nice.

Or, if posts by people who are passionate about sports radio are just too much of a "horrendous read," maybe we could all curl up by the fire with an egg nog and a Bing Crosby record on and post a favorite Christmas memory from our childhood.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Every Frank Costanza post is gold, Jerry. Gold!!!

I hang on every word.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:33 pm 

Matt Millen was a ferocious NFL player. He understands the nuances of offensive and defensive line play as well as any analyst in the game. Complete failure as an executive. Big deal. He's A GAME ANALYST. And I look forward to re-connecting with my buddy now that he's out of the bunker.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
So, tell us, O great sage, who should post here? If you like something too much or dislike something too much, it's a waste of time, so maybe we should only allow excessively neutral, vanilla posts. That would be nice.

Or, if posts by people who are passionate about sports radio are just too much of a "horrendous read," maybe we could all curl up by the fire with an egg nog and a Bing Crosby record on and post a favorite Christmas memory from our childhood.

I stand corrected. I guess a dozen threads a week about how much Meatpants sucks, or how bad Mac's book is entertains a hellava more than I thought it did. Can't say I'm surprised.

I guess with a name like "Pappy's Crappy", I should expect posts that do nothing less than ooze with passion. :roll:

Keep it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:14 pm 

Mac wrote:
Matt Millen was a ferocious NFL player. He understands the nuances of offensive and defensive line play as well as any analyst in the game. Complete failure as an executive. Big deal. He's A GAME ANALYST. And I look forward to re-connecting with my buddy now that he's out of the bunker.

Give him a nice sweaty man hug for us too Mackey.

Maybe do an ass cup reach around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac wrote:

Give him a nice sweaty man hug for us too Mackey.

Maybe do an ass cup reach around.

Weird.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 pm 

Not to get all SHARK here, but when Millen was an announce before the Lions debacle, he was considered one of the best in the business. The interview today showed he knows football and is an interesting listen.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:05 pm 

He was oh and sixteen, oh and sixteen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANDbq0N0MzU

Marv Albert's a great announcer, but even he had to take a few seasons off after committing a much lesser offense than Millen's Lions GM tenure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
He was oh and sixteen, oh and sixteen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANDbq0N0MzU

Marv Albert's a great announcer, but even he had to take a few seasons off after committing a much lesser offense than Millen's Lions GM tenure.

Ummm, did I miss where Millen was accused of and arrested for either forcible sodomy or some other felonious act? I don't think this is a rational comparison.

Matt was good at football and calling a game on TV. He was bad as a GM. No reason why he cannot go back to calling a game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:16 pm 

I thought Albert's conviction was thrown out because it turned out the chick dug that scene and she was just mad that Marv stopped calling her for sexy fun time.

Lions fans didn't ask Millen to bugger their team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:17 pm 

Sorry Lions fans. You got stuck with a bad GM. The guy can still call a game and is going to get paid well for his services.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:32 pm 

Beni Hanna, you are right with what you said, that Millen is a bad GM, but can call a game.

Vincent Antonnelli- You will get alot of people that will agree with you that people say he is the best at calling games.

I just think with Millen is that he made the Lions a mess and it seems like he is getting a pass for it. Does it affect how he can call a game no, but I think it's more, does he deserve to be doing college football, Monday Night pregame, and the NFL Network Thursday night game. I think it was bad that NBC had him on last year for the playoffs, not that he shouldn't be there, but he should have been given more time away from television.

I think he shouldn't have been on t.v. last year and maybe not this year, but networks wanted him and now he does 3 things.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
It's hard to take a poster seriously who uses a "Home Movies" avatar. That show is the Matt Millen GM of Adult Swim. It's even worse than "Tom Goes to the Mayor". Brutal! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:37 pm 

To me it's more abouot credibility.

Before the Lions, he was one of the better announcers. But given his lousy record with the Lions, how can he call himself a football expert?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:38 pm 

reents wrote:
Beni Hanna, you are right with what you said, that Millen is a bad GM, but can call a game.

Vincent Antonnelli- You will get alot of people that will agree with you that people say he is the best at calling games.

I just think with Millen is that he made the Lions a mess and it seems like he is getting a pass for it. Does it affect how he can call a game no, but I think it's more, does he deserve to be doing college football, Monday Night pregame, and the NFL Network Thursday night game. I think it was bad that NBC had him on last year for the playoffs, not that he shouldn't be there, but he should have been given more time away from television.

I think he shouldn't have been on t.v. last year and maybe not this year, but networks wanted him and now he does 3 things.

I get the point and appreciate it, but I look at this from the other side. He never should have been given a GM job. The Lions and Ford were idiots for hiring, and then keeping him. Shame on them.

I thought he was the best game caller when he went to the Lions. For my own selfish viewing pleasure I want him on that mic as soon as I can get him. The fact he failed at some other job in the industry means nothing to me. Don't punish beni consumer for the Lions being foolish.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Not to get all SHARK here, but when Millen was an announce before the Lions debacle, he was considered one of the best in the business. The interview today showed he knows football and is an interesting listen.

Vince, even though he ruined the Detroit Lions as Team President and kept drafting wide receivers like the Chicago Bulls kept drafting power forward stiffs back in the day, I think when it came to analyzing NFL football, Matt was one of the best analysts in the biz. It's easily forgotten that Millen was the #2 analyst behind John Madden in the final years of CBS Sports broadcasting the NFC until 1993 and when FOX Sports got in the game in 1994. Let's check him out tonight on NFL Network when he & Bob Papa provide the national call of this eve's game to find out if he still knows his stuff overall...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Once a head coach fails at his position, he shouldn't be hired as a coordinator?
How's Mike Nolan doing in Denver?
Millen is staying in the sport. He's just doing a job that is more suited to his talents.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Once a head coach fails at his position, he shouldn't be hired as a coordinator?
How's Mike Nolan doing in Denver?
Millen is staying in the sport. He's just doing a job that is more suited to his talents.

Point well taken, Brian...