It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Slow Day?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
I thought it was a pretty enjoyable show. I didn't PTFB once, which is kind of a rarity these days for me. They stuck to sports pretty much the entire day and touch on the bulls and blackhawks (although the Keith as the best of the Big three was retarded)...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
crosscheck wrote:
(although the Keith as the best of the Big three was retarded)...

Cross, you beat me to it. I was going to post a thread calling out mac for being hockey retarded. I nearly drove off the road when he said that. How stupid and ignorant can someone be, especially someone who claims be a hockey fan?

Keith is a great player, but to say he is better than Toews and Kane is quite possibly the dumbest hockey statement I've heard on the radio in years. I know there are some clowns who will try to discount Kane's ability and argue that Keith is better (he's not), but to say he is better than Toews is indefensable. You have to be completely ignorant to the game to even suggest that.

I would put that up there with Len Ziem's (or whatever his name is) article 10 games into the season where he said that Sharp was the best offensive player on the team because he led the team in scoring at the time. Only a moron could come away from watching even 10 minutes of the hawks this year and say that anyone other than Kane has been the best offensive player.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:14 pm 

So Ziehm is an idiot because he thinks Sharp is their best offensive player because he has the most points.... but it's okay for you to say Kane is their best player because he's their best OFFENSIVE player? WYC? Same logic. Ask guys who've played the game at the highest level and see what they think. Most of them I talk to favor Keith.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac, you know less about more things than anyone other than North. Congrats.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 pm 

Mac wrote:
So Ziehm is an idiot because he thinks Sharp is their best offensive player because he has the most points.... but it's okay for you to say Kane is their best player because he's their best OFFENSIVE player? WYC? Same logic. Ask guys who've played the game at the highest level and see what they think. Most of them I talk to favor Keith.

Same logic? Mac you're an idiot. You don't even know what logic is. Your idea of poor logic is any argument that isn't presented in the form of a list.

Saying Sharp is the best offensive player on the team because he leads the team in points is hockey retarded. Saying that ANY player on any team is the best offensive player simply because they lead that team in points is hockey retarded.

Saying that Kane is the best player on the team is based on the logic that, based on this season, Kane IS the best player on the team.

You saying that Kane being the best offensive player on the team means he can't be the best player on the team is once again hockey retarded. It would be like someone saying that Ovechkin isn't the best guy on Washington.

If you don't recognize that Kane has been CLEARLY the best player on the ice this season then you are either not watching the games or are just a dumbfuck. Probably a little of pile A and a little of pile B.

And don't give me this shit about you talking to high level hockey people. Like you would even be able to comprehend such a conversation. The only conversation you give a shit about all day is the one you have with your bookie. Actually you probably have about 20 conversations with your bookie on a daily basis.

Last edited by shakes on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
shakes wrote:
Mac wrote:

Same logic? Mac you're an idiot. You don't even know what logic is. You're idea of poor logic is any argument that isn't presented in the form of a list.

Saying Sharp is the best offensive player on the team because he leads the team in points is hockey retarded. Saying that ANY player on any team is the best offensive player simply because they lead that team in points is hockey retarded.

Saying that Kane is the best player on the team is based on the logic that, based on this season, Kane IS the best player on the team.

You saying that Kane being the best offensive player on the team means he can't be the best player on the team is once again hockey retarded. It would be like someone saying that Ovechkin isn't the best guy on Washington.

If you don't recognize that Kane has been CLEARLY the best player on the ice this season then you are either not watching the games or are just a dumbfuck. Probably a little of pile A and a little of pile B.

And don't give me this shit about you talking to high level hockey people. Like you would even be able to comprehend such a conversation. The only conversation you give a shit about all day is the one you have with your bookie. Actually you probably have about 20 conversations with your bookie on a daily basis.

wow...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 pm 

i'll pray for your recovery, shakes. usually those with the affliction are the last to recognize it, so good luck finding your way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm 

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Mac wrote:
i'll pray for your recovery, shakes. usually those with the affliction are the last to recognize it, so good luck finding your way.

RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

You ought to know a LOT about recovery methods.

Drugs, booze and next -gambling. Shakes is right on most but I think it is a lot more of pile B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I thought Mac's defense about the Keith selection was based on plus-minus.
This season, Keith is third on the team in that category (+5), 78th overall.
Seabrook is 11th overall at +9, while Toews is 18th overall at +8.
Career-wise, Keith is at + 57 overall (+33 last year and + 30 the year before). Kane is at -2 and Toews is +31.
Seabrook is at +44, Sharp +21 and Versteeg +17.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

I wish Sharp could remain a Blackhawk, and Dustin also... but because John McHendry overpaid for Campbell and Hossa, some of the lunch pale guys are gonna have to be jetisoned due to salary cap issues in the coming years.

From a financial standpoint: Campbell + Hossa are to the Blackhawks what Soriano and Zambrano are to the Cubs.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:46 am 

Beef Rockmore wrote:
I wish Sharp could remain a Blackhawk, and Dustin also... but because John McHendry overpaid for Campbell and Hossa, some of the lunch pale guys are gonna have to be jetisoned due to salary cap issues in the coming years.

From a financial standpoint: Campbell + Hossa are to the Blackhawks what Soriano and Zambrano are to the Cubs.

Campbell yes, Hossa no. Anyone would love to have someone like Hossa and his production for only a 5.2 million cap hit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:59 am 

crosscheck wrote:
Beef Rockmore wrote:

Campbell yes, Hossa no. Anyone would love to have someone like Hossa and his production for only a 5.2 million cap hit.

Actually I take that back, even Campbell is very useful, he is just over paid. But someone like him who can set up the power play and clear the blueline is going to be paid high because there are very few of them in the league. The pp has improved with him on the team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Is there a chance they could/would get rid of Campbell?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Is there a chance they could/would get rid of Campbell?

Absolutely, but I doubt it. It sounds like they are going to sign Toews and Kane to 5 year extensions, so they can be resigned when Campbells deal is up. So they could trade him, but something is telling me that they might hold on to him, perhaps not by choice, but because cap space is tight all around the league.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mac wrote:

DaMaNa got anger-diffusion tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Shit. He's good and I hope somebody takes him. To me it would be better to lose 1 good player than 3 good players. From what I can gather their depth is a large part of their success.

Beef, I don't think Sharp is going anywhere but that is more desire on my part.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:

Nice Mackey. Let's not have any kind of intelligent argument, let's just head straight to the sophmoric name calling.

At least the ALS remains entertained.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Shit. He's good and I hope somebody takes him. To me it would be better to lose 1 good player than 3 good players. From what I can gather their depth is a large part of their success.

I don't know, in a few years you are going to have build around the Big three with cheap young talent. I have absolute faith in the new GM and his dad to evaluate young talent. I think that they are going to get some good players for Barker and for Versteeg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:41 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Beef Rockmore wrote:

Actually I take that back, even Campbell is very useful, he is just over paid. But someone like him who can set up the power play and clear the blueline is going to be paid high because there are very few of them in the league. The pp has improved with him on the team.

campbell sucks on the power play, makes horrible decisions, poor passes and weak dump ins. And you can't say the pp has improved with him on the team because until about a week ago, Q wasn't even using him on the pp. Seabrook/Barker we're the number one point unit for the PP for the past year and a half.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:43 pm 

Beef Rockmore wrote:

Wtf? Calling Hossa overpaid = DUMBEST. COMMENT. EVER.