It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Another book signing day off?

from Corky Sherman's column

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/ ... siness.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I knew this was coming.

Mac is off today! must have another book signing at the Indiana Trailer park!

Mac is sick today! That pussy, a little cold keeps out of work. He'd be all over Cutler if he was sick and didn't play!!

Mac took a vacation day today! What an asshole, he was just off earlier this week! He really must not care about his job, and thats why he sucks!

Mac isn't in today! At least he took Meatpants with him! Maybe they can do a parody song together about it hahaha!!!1

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:04 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Been clearing my head the last few days.

Christ man, you're gonna go blind!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Gloop, worry about your own not so great radio show.

I heard the 10 o'clock hour and I didn't care for it. I don't know who is driving this show and I think they are too much alike.

Last edited by Spaulding on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Spaulding wrote:
I don't wkow who is driving this show

Uh oh, DaMaNa got "blind chauffer" tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I don't wkow who is driving this show

Uh oh, DaMaNa got "blind chauffer" tickat...

:lol: Please don't stop these.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I like what I've heard so far, especially from Mullin.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 am 

Do Mac and Meat realize im on vacation today and tommorow? I was actually gonna listen. Anyway W & S pretty good. Mostly due to Silvy imo. Waddle just kinda says nothing and makes lame jokes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:24 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Waddle just kinda says nothing and makes lame jokes.

Waddle + Every CSFMB member = MATCH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 am 

I like Waddle & Silvy, when I get to hear them, and I really like when Giangreco is on with them.
The only thing about Waddle is, and I mentioned this in the pre-board fist fight, that he uses a lot of the same cliches too many times. But I'm a few credits shy of my radio degree so I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
Everyone is sick here... I was out yesterday too. There's no conspiracy, no suspensions, no book signings, no vacation days. Just the flu.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

spanky wrote:
But I'm a few credits shy of my radio degree so I may be wrong.

You're a few credits shy of a lot of degrees :P

But so am I

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am 

How many people need to get sick at this station for Jason Goff to get an on-air shift? I think we will be hearing Matt Rodewald filling in during drive time before Jason.

Jason, if you read this: Did Mitch catch you banging his sister? What gives?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:42 am 

Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Good call. Felt a little hypocritical typing that, but Waddle gets paid a lot more to host than I do to post here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Good call. Felt a little hypocritical typing that, but Waddle gets paid a lot more to host than I do to post here.

The day BigFan puts his best contributors here on the payroll, the board will actually be better than it was two years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Roger, you get paid to post here? We gotta talk to bigfan!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:57 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Roger, you get paid to post here? We gotta talk to bigfan!

Too late. I reached 7500 posts which automatically activates my option for two more years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:00 pm 

Mac wrote:
jimmypasta wrote: These guys have one job: Sportstalk! Small talk,guy talk,talking about the weather is OK in small quanities,but everyone is trying to be the "Stern of Sports".

Not trying to be anything other than who we are, jimmypasta. And the job is best defined as "guy talk." Period. Talking about sports, which we do 90 % of the time, is one way about attracting an adult male audience. Talking about almost shitting your pants is another way. Music, movies, entertainment, etc., all are done with the goal of getting as many adult men to listen as possible. We all get paid bonuses for succeeding at attracting adult men radio. It doesn't specify in anybody's contract WHY they listen, just that they listen.

Thank you, Darkside, for taking it upon yourself for the play-by-play of what you heard. Nice to have you back today. Too bad you missed the first hour, which had more Bulls at te top (I think I may have been the only guy in town who watched 'em until the end Tuesday night) and a 35-minute beatdown of the great Phil Simms, who hung himself in an appearance on the M&H show earlier in the morning.

who stated "the most important ratings period in chicago radio starts after 3 pm." thats why we get the shitfest at 9-1 called the mac and meatpants show,the last guy who talked to the male audience was North, how did that work out? by the way Mac you deserve a medal for watching the game,isn't that your job? i know i can PTFB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:16 pm 

My Dear First Time Caller.... you would be misguided if you suspected a "Northian" descent in ratings because of "guy talk" employed on my show. I've been doing it for the past five years. In case you haven't heard, it's been effective. And I wasn't seeking applause for noting I watched the Bulls. I was noting that nobody seemed to care about Tuesday's game against Sacramento. That's all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:18 pm 

I like the mask, by the way. Is that Bruins' netminder Gerry (or Gary) Cheevers?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:
My Dear First Time Caller.... you would be misguided if you suspected a "Northian" descent in ratings because of "guy talk" employed on my show. I've been doing it for the past five years. In case you haven't heard, it's been effective. And I wasn't seeking applause for noting I watched the Bulls. I was noting that nobody seemed to care about Tuesday's game against Sacramento. That's all.

Mac, seriously...how in the world did you ever think that Matt Spiegel was the right choice as your co-host??? Meat should be doing College radio in Iowa, not big time Chicago sports radio.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:

Mac, seriously...how in the world did you ever think that Matt Spiegel was the right choice as your co-host??? Meat should be doing College radio in Iowa, not big time Chicago sports radio.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Scorehead-

What is your big beef (no pun) with Meatpants? I just don't get the full on attack on some of the radio hosts in our city who have done nothing to people personally (unless there's something we don't know about). Have they invaded our personal lives and caused us strife? There are many enterntainment options to chose from. Don't like it, well, we know the rest.

Let's have Scorehead or others who are so easy to be so critical, get behind the mic and do a show. And don't say how about you, I've tried it and I know I really suck, so I don't throw stones in glass houses. I think that it's fine to have both postive and negative feedback, but some of these mean-spirited crusades border on ridiculous. :roll:

I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

Yep, it's worked so well you got fired. You are a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Scorehead-

What is your big beef (no pun) with Meatpants? I just don't get the full on attack on some of the radio hosts in our city who hatur done nothing to people personally (unless there's something we don't know about). Have they invaded our personal lives and caused us strife? There are many enterntainment options to chose from. Don't like it, well, we know the rest.

Let's have Scorehead or others who are so easy to be so critical, get behind the mic and do a show. And don't say how about you, I've tried it and I know I really suck, so I don't throw stones in glass houses. I think that it's fine to have both postive and negative feedback, but some of these mean-spirited crusades border on ridiculous. :roll:

:cheers: :salut: Mac is a big boy and can surely handle his own, but the guy comes here to talk/type sports & Dumb Kirk goes on the offensive with the same tired Meatpants thing how about from 9-1 turn to am1000 cut on your ipod or go to your garage cut on your car & leave the door down, if you are still around at 1pm then comeback and complain about Boers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:43 am 

Mac wrote:

Seriously Mac, you watch a game for alternate reasons {bookie}, a west coast late night game, get up and do an a.m. morning show, and you raise the question of who cares? Your show is predicated on what listeners might have seen on TV (as is much of what your radio concept is about) and the reality is that if you didn't watch it you really can't/won't be able to talk about it.

But give the rest of your listening audience the benefit of the doubt. Those that didn't see the contest tune in for you to share with your learned insight, and for those that did see the event you should at least recognize, or perhaps hope, that they're tuning in to your show for a measurement of the aforementioned. Or at least something more than the poorly veiled disdain at having to acknowledge a mechanism for your attempted ratings appeal.

Then again, as you've suggested before, PTFB radio can be just that. And when you come off declaring an overnight interest level based from where {basement}? Well, you've just made it PTFB for more than a few, maybe a few more than you really need.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:10 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
lamar hoyt's burrito wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Scorehead-

What is your big beef (no pun) with Meatpants? I just don't get the full on attack on some of the radio hosts in our city who hatur done nothing to people personally (unless there's something we don't know about). Have they invaded our personal lives and caused us strife? There are many enterntainment options to chose from. Don't like it, well, we know the rest.

:cheers: :salut: Mac is a big boy and can surely handle his own, but the guy comes here to talk/type sports & Dumb Kirk goes on the offensive with the same tired Meatpants thing how about from 9-1 turn to am1000 cut on your ipod or go to your garage cut on your car & leave the door down, if you are still around at 1pm then comeback and complain about Boers!

You Mac ALS'rs all have shit on your mouth... Eaglo, do you like Spiegel? Do you think he is helping or hurting Mac? Just because you admit that you suck on the radio doesn't mean everyone else must suck too. Here's a news flash for you...many WSCR listeners & CSFMB members think Meatpants sucks. Mac knows this from reading this message board, yet he still wont defend Spiegel. Perhaps Mac knows he fucked up in choosing Meat as his partner?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Scorehead wrote:
lamar hoyt's burrito wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Scorehead-

You Mac ALS'rs all have shit on your mouth... Eaglo, do you like Spiegel? Do you think he is helping or hurting Mac? Just because you admit that you suck on the radio doesn't mean everyone else must suck too. Here's a news flash for you...many WSCR listeners & CSFMB members think Meatpants sucks. Mac knows this from reading this message board, yet he still wont defend Spiegel. Perhaps Mac knows he fucked up in choosing Meat as his partner?

I listened to MJH for probably a total of a half hour due to the shitty reception downstate, so I'm a Mac newbie.

I like the show. Mac took a while to get used to but I like him. Spiegs is good. I'm not quite sure why you feel Spiegs is a bad as you say he is. He's pretty knowledgeable on all sports, except hockey which I think's he's admitted. Just like Mac says he's not a big NBA guy.

Granted I wasn't able to hear the greatness that was the Heavy Fuel Crew or MJH, but I'm not really sure what some were expecting. I think this is a good listen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:
Here's a news flash for you...many WSCR listeners & CSFMB members think Meatpants sucks. Mac knows this from reading this message board, yet he still wont defend Spiegel. Perhaps Mac knows he fucked up in choosing Meat as his partner?

Here's a news flash for you, JOHN KIRK. Everybody knows you hate meatpants. Nobody gives a shit. You continually post your asinine thoughts about him all the fucking time, regardless of what the topic really is. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and you think he sucks. Thats great. La-Di-Fuckin-Da. You do not have to and should not shove it down everybody's throat 15 times a week. I've said it before, put "I HATE MEATPANTS" in your sig, and then you will never have to post about it again. Everybody will see it with each and every waste of time post you make here.

The next worthwhile post you make here will be your first. So why don't you just change your name back to JOHN KIRK and shut the fuck up once and for all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:34 pm 

My Dear friends,
Meatpants is not very good. Mac knows that he is bad. You can tell by his non-response to many things. For instance, just before my shock therapy today, I heard Meatfuck say that he would like to talk about QB mechanics before speaking to their "expert" Jimbo Miller (who should be more suited to discussion of performance enhancing drugs than mechanics). Mac did not indulge Meat. Why? It should have been a valid conversation. Certainly better than hearing about certain digestive issues that My Dear Internet friend McNeil was suffering this week.
Mac + Meat < HFC or MJH by a wide margain.
This show is not as entertaining as those others were. However, it remains the best show on during the time I am in the bullpen awaiting my saline sponges.
I still love you so dearly, my internet amigo,
J.A.C.K.

All blistered and burnt, can't hide my disgrace.
Am I evil? Yes. I am.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next