It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: litterally
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:13 pm 

say it zack. just fuckin say it.

Post subject: Re: litterally
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
His voice still sounds like a guy squeezing his nut sack.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
jimmypasta wrote:
His voice still sounds like a guy squeezing his nut sack.

How do you know what that sounds like?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
What's he saying that's pissing you off? Keep in mind The SCORE is a little shorthanded with Laurence Holmes on DePaul basketball duty this weekend in the Virgin Islands...Besides, Brian "The Whipping Boy" Paruch is scheduled to be on before an NIU hoops game tonight at 6p on 670 The SCORE & 670thescore.com...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
The Bear Whisperer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Talking purely about pipes, I never found anything particularly unsettling about Z2's ... I guess I don't get all the venom towards the cat for his sound.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Talking purely about pipes, I never found anything particularly unsettling about Z2's ... I guess I don't get all the venom towards the cat for his sound.

I've got nothing against his voice. My problem is that he doesn't know a damn thing abut any sport besides football, yet he allowed to talk about other sports, while his so called expertise sucks ass anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm 

Jack Bauer wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I've got nothing against his voice. My problem is that he doesn't know a damn thing abut any sport besides football, yet he allowed to talk about other sports, while his so called expertise sucks ass anyway.

You might want to consider the list of people The Score has handed a mic to over the years ... Zach's not exactly cutting a new path on that front.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:03 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Jack Bauer wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

You might want to consider the list of people The Score has handed a mic to over the years ... Zach's not exactly cutting a new path on that front.

Not debating that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
what i caught of this show today was brutal

zack and cory talking about the NBA? almost rather hear mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
My issue is that Zach belongs in P.R., not sports journalism or sports entertainment. His vocal timbre is too weaselly to be stentorian or authoritative, too self-serious to be jocular. This predisposes me to dismiss his content, fair or not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:40 pm 

Jalapenos and More wrote:
My issue is that Zach belongs in P.R., not sports journalism or sports entertainment. His vocal timbre is too weaselly to be stentorian or authoritative, too self-serious to be jocular. This predisposes me to dismiss his content, fair or not.

I actually like his tone because it is different ... and he doesn't try to talk as fast as humanly possible to say as much shit in his 9 minute segment ... he's talking, on a talk show, without all the bells and whistles.

I'm not saying he's Milt Rosen, but his being (I guess we'll politely call it) quieter helps him stand out.

Whether he's intelligent on the topics is entirely another matter. I'm sure he has tangential knowledge that would expand if he wasn't on the Bears' beat all the time.

Essentially, I'm contradicting my original post by debating something I don't think needs debate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Zack was taken to the woodshed by Hub today over his comment that the Bears are as talented as the other NFC playoff contenders aside from NO and MN and that better play calling would have them in the playoffs, and it was priceless. Even the affable Corey McPherin wouldn't stand behind Zack's nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:37 pm 

CSFMB Guy wrote:
Zack was taken to the woodshed by Hub today over his comment that the Bears are as talented as the other NFC playoff contenders aside from NO and MN and that better play calling would have them in the playoffs, and it was priceless. Even the affable Corey McPherin wouldn't stand behind Zack's nonsense.

Zach also is sucking from the Bears' teat more or less - same as Hub was for years when he coddled the Bears during that time ... far more of a WYC than a demonstration of true admonishment.