It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: girordanos
First time post, and I suppose consider it constructive.

Mac,

When I heard you were coming back to the Score this year I was excited, I work in sales and I'm in my car most of the day. I listen to a LOT of sports/guy talk.

Financially I'm in a demo that your sponsors would love. I'm 37, love sports talk and have disposable income.

Loved the HFC, and while I tended to listen to B+B, I did listen to MJH also. With B+B, it's not so much for Terry, it's for Dan. So Terry isn't the missing ingredient in your show.

With MJH I would PTFB generally during the corney ass games, or when the talk just degenerated to high school humor.

I've been trying to like Meatpants and actually think he does a nice solo show on baseball talk etc. On your show I can't stand the fake giggle (that goes for both of you), and the constant effort by Matt to try to be "as cool as everyone else in the room".

I've been tuning in and out hoping for the show to gel, I don't know that it has.

That said, you lost me this week with the bathroom humor discussion on Wednesday, I really don't need to hear that you had to dump so badly that you let it fly in a parking garage. Really, I don't care, and it really wasn't funny. The ironic thing is that just earlier I believe you discussed how you don't like Jim Carrey slapstick humor stuff, much of which is bathroom humor. I believe that was the focus of your discussion on Jim Carrey. I could be wrong. Jim Carrey - not funny... DMCN... funny with bathroom humor?

Anyways Mac, I WANT to like the show, I want it to find flow. I'm tuning out for a while. Honestly, while I think Matt is an OK guy, and does an OK solo show it's just not working for me.

Frankly, when you worked with LH a few times I liked the show better.

I'll tune in again sometime I'm sure, too much idle time in the car but for now I'm back to S+W, Dan Patrick, or even the Herd in that timeslot for now.

Lose the bathroom humor, or at least tone in way back, and figure out things with your partner.

I'll sample again sometime, and I'm only one guy. I can't believe I'm the only one that feels this way. I want to like the show enough that I registered on this website just to post this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
the green giant is not JOLLY!

I would love to hear where the Greeen Giant drops a Deuce!
And I am not eating anymore of that corn, green beans or peas until I get a clear explanation!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere

Last edited by Mr. Hernandez on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

HO HO HO

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Positano's Pizza
greengiant wrote:

Frankly, when you worked with LH a few times I liked the show better.

This has to be a mult of the gone but not forgotten, Holmes4breakingstories.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:44 am 

I can't be all things to all people, Green Giant. I don't try to be. The story about a long commute nearly causing a George Brett situation was a seven or eight minute "chunk" of the week. I know it's not for everybody... but it certainly is for some. It's something almost everybody can relate to. And I'm a full disclosure guy, so if it happens to me... there's a good chance I'll talk about it if I think it might be something that will get a few laughs. If stuff like that disturbs you, you always can PTFB and try back in 20 minutes or the next day. Chances are excellent you won't hea bathroom talk often.

There are no fake giggles. Spiegs has a couple silly laughs... and so do I. They are genuine. You're not alone thinking they aren't real.... but... that's "show biz." Perhaps it's difficult for some to adjust to because the Score is primarily "serious" sports talk more often than not. I don't -- nor have I for several years now -- taken sports that seriously. As it turns out, most people embrace laughter. But... what's funny to some isn't funny to others. That's the way it goes.

Bottom line: we try to mix it up. Mostly sports (of that, mostly local) ... with smatterings of guy talk and real life stuff. I also like having LH sit in... but Matt is my partner and for all the right reasons. He will continue to be my partner. Hope you come back for a larger sampling. That's your choice. Give it a chance, with an open mind, and I'm bet you find something to like about it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Forward Unto Dawn Mess Hall
Mac wrote:
PTFB

You are an inspiration...

...check out the official CSFMB Modern Warfare 2 Clan Tag...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mac wrote:
I can't be all things to all people, Green Giant. I don't try to be. The story about a long commute nearly causing a George Brett situation was a seven or eight minute "chunk" of the week. I know it's not for everybody... but it certainly is for some. It's something almost everybody can relate to. And I'm a full disclosure guy, so if it happens to me... there's a good chance I'll talk about it if I think it might be something that will get a few laughs. If stuff like that disturbs you, you always can PTFB and try back in 20 minutes or the next day. Chances are excellent you won't hea bathroom talk often.

There are no fake giggles. Spiegs has a couple silly laughs... and so do I. They are genuine. You're not alone thinking they aren't real.... but... that's "show biz." Perhaps it's difficult for some to adjust to because the Score is primarily "serious" sports talk more often than not. I don't -- nor have I for several years now -- taken sports that seriously. As it turns out, most people embrace laughter. But... what's funny to some isn't funny to others. That's the way it goes.

Bottom line: we try to mix it up. Mostly sports (of that, mostly local) ... with smatterings of guy talk and real life stuff. I also like having LH sit in... but Matt is my partner and for all the right reasons. He will continue to be my partner. Hope you come back for a larger sampling. That's your choice. Give it a chance, with an open mind, and I'm bet you find something to like about it. Thanks.

DaMaNa got "let me explain something" tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
DaMaNa got "Clan Tag" tickat...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Home5licE wrote:
Mac wrote:
PTFB

You are an inspiration...

...check out the official CSFMB Modern Warfare 2 Clan Tag...

ok, now I'm jealous, that is fucking awesome... this is the first time ever I wished I had a 360 :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
I wonder how Mac can know that all of Spiegel's laughs are genuine. Maybe DaMaNa got mindreading tickat... (Yes, I'm stealing your comedy bits.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Jalapenos and More wrote:
(Yes, I'm stealing your comedy bits.)

I'm gonna make you disappear like George's Comedy Vault.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:34 pm 

Jalapenos and More wrote:
I wonder how Mac can know that all of Spiegel's laughs are genuine. Maybe DaMaNa got mindreading tickat... (Yes, I'm stealing your comedy bits.)

like OKC comedy bit not funny :P