It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Mac wrote:
We've talked about doing ALL FOUR OF US for an eight-hour shift.

bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: *
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its a free country here, guys. Goff and/or Drinky are feel to seek airtime on another station you know.

Or become Firemen

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Why can't Mat & Goff do 12:30-2:00pm every day?

Also,thanks to MAC for a look behind the curtain!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 am 

Panther,
Same thoughts I have had about Dan's back & forth on the air with Goff. It haas gotten a little prickly!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Panther pislA wrote:
I am not presuming anything. Got it directly from the horse's fingers.

Oh yeah, just like you said Leslie Frasier would be the head man up at Halas Hall next year. Either you are full of shit or your sources are full of shit. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 am 

first of all, this isnt some great literature piece on the war of the worlds... it got you hard? gimme a perverted break

as for terry keeping himself away from having close friends because he doesnt want to go through that loss again, i can relate. i really dont have anything to say about it either, a outside person would probably say its always better to have friends and lose them then to never have them to begin with, but some things just aren't right and losing a best friend at too young of an age is hell.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I could see it. It's his way of exerting his power. It's still his right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Good stuff Mac.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 am 

kujoe_7 wrote:
B and B know drinky and goff got screwed more than once by the powers that be @ the score. they should have their own show by now @ least on the weekends insteed of the retreads they give us....

i would LOVE to have matt and jason fill the weekends. it would be awesome, i wouldnt have to look for other stations 2 out of 7 days a week.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
this isnt some great litterateur piece

:lol: I'll say.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am 

I have one word for Terry. It starts with 'r', ends with 't' and has 'etiremen' in the middle. He must have a lot of money stashed away from his gambling winnings, given how he knows everything before it happens and is surprised by nothing.

For someone in the business he's in (and his business is largely ripping other people when you get right down to it) to have such a thin skin that he's whining and acting like a little baby over the choice of a FILL-IN host on ANOTHER show because of something written years ago is pretty pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am 

RFDC wrote:
Mac wrote:
Very presumptuous suggesting Berns hasn't gone to bat for Jason and Matt I don't know if he has or hasn't, but it's really not fair to Berns assuming that about him.

Exactly.

Im not saying Panther's right. But he's not assuming. He's saying he has it in text from Bernstein

BTW...Beardwon was right, again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

I read a text message that a spaceship is going to land at Daley Plaza and melt the Picasso down to beer.

I could still be told that and be full of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:33 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I read a text message that a spaceship is going to land at Daley Plaza and melt the Picasso down to beer.

What?

If Bernstein sent him a text insinuating he wouldnt go to bat for Matt/Drinky...thats not close to the spaceship one.

If you think Panther is lying thats fine.

All Im saying is Panther isnt assuming or just saying "he thinks"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Just thought it was odd Terry went the way of transition to air his hurt feelings about his peeps not being stroked by Mac and his management team .

I don't know Mac , If I were you I might of been a little pissed at Terry and raised a stink about telling you who should be shinning your chair with their ass. I find it ballsy he's telling you not have Teddy G in his studio.

Pretty much of what comes out of his mouth is bullshit then if he is taking a stand like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:34 am 

Thanks Mac for posting. Glad to hear you and Terry are still close, well for him at least.
Mitch keeps Drinky on the bench because he sucks, he had his shot and blew it. He doesnt have the experience or the brains to have the attitude he does, so he disappeared. Goff gets his shots and his role seems to be growing again.
IMHO a little friction during transition isnt a bad thing, especially between Mac and Terry.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Panther pislA wrote:
Mac wrote:
Very presumptuous suggesting Berns hasn't gone to bat for Jason and Matt I don't know if he has or hasn't, but it's really not fair to Berns assuming that about him.

I am not presuming anything. Got it directly from the horse's fingers. I do not remember verbatim what he wrote in response to a few of my texts back, oh, about 6-8 mo ago, but I definitely did not misinterpret the message - i.e. that he does not believe that his studio is a "team" atmosphere and that it is indeed "every man for himself". He pretty much out and out said that he would not go to bat for Matt or Jason, and he got snippy about the suggestion that an outside observer would assume that a "team" atmosphere should exist.

I interpreted his gist as either (a) "Workplace Loyalty is too 'Meatball-y', so I do not support such loyalty"; or (b) he has some kind of grudge vs. one or both of them for some on or off air comments or positions. I have heard them many times say some really disrespectful things to Dan and talk to and about him in a manner nobody else has. It seems like Dan has a thick skin, but how thick?

That is a whole bunch of interpretation PP. This is a corporate run business. It is not a boys club. B/B has a drop where Bernsie states "I do whatever Mitch Rosen tells me". That is pretty sound advice if you want to keep your job. It is not Bernstein's job to determine who gets air time. The Score's corporate structure means it is apparently Mitch's job. Let Mitch make that call. The B/B show from 1 - 6 has 4 people that are graded as a unit, but also separately on how they perform. That is not Bernstein's job. It is Mitch's job. Bernstein can offer opinions if he is asked, but he has no power (and my guess is does not want it) to determine who gets what shifts. If he has any sway he may choose not to use it as he is then playing favors for someone at the Score and offending someone else at the Score.

In another post Mac answered a question from Kujoe that he does not feel guilty in any way for taking shifts from Jason or Matt. Mac is right. Mac needs to put food on the table. So does Bernstein. They are not the same person and will handle internal issues differently, but I am not going to judge either of them for how they or anyone else choose to comport themselves at work so they can feed a family.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Panther pislA wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I'm not happy about Teddy filling in but I'm not mad at you. It's none of my business, it's not Terry's either. This is stupid.

Beardown needs to start the thread about Goff/Matt vs Mitch. Maybe they should be looking into firefighting.

I think the bigger concern is how Dan B. willfully withdraws himself from going to bat for Matt and Jason. I have had heated exchanges with Dan on text and he came off as nothing but a "Cover My Ass" sissy. Not willing to stick his neck out at all for his crew. If Matt and jason could have seen some of the texts Bernstein sent me they would be very disappointed and/or angry.

Bernstein is a company man plain and simple. A good example of this is his, "I do what Mitch Rosen tells me" line from a few years ago. Matt and Jason even busted his balls for it by putting it in the Friday show open. I'm pretty sure Matty and Jason know they'll never get any support from Danny.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am 

Panther, maybe Bernsie went to bat for them once but wont any more because the powers that be made their decision. They had their shots, mgmt doesnt think they can do it, what else can bernsie do? Why be a prick to his bosses over something they tried and didnt work?

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Panther pislA wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank, please. That is not warranted.

Why would Bernstein be texting you about his feelings on any subject? He seems to be a very close to the vest type of guy and unless your a pal of his I wouldn't see him texting some pants around the ankles message board cretin.

Just one guys opinion ..No offense PP just calling you out on this one .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 am 

Ho Hum! This thread Boers me! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 am 

I try not to get pissed so much anymore, Sockage. Just find a solution. We did. Solved. No need for teeth gnashing or name calling. If it wouldn't have been settled amicably, then I would have needed to work harder to not get pissed. At the onset, I thought it was kind of funny that some othersould want to be programming the show. My record doing it without assistance from other hosts is pretty solid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
If Terry is truly upset about Drinky and Goff, imagine how he felt when he heard Meatpants was getting a full time gig.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Transition should be interesting today...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Jack Bauer wrote:

Does Terry even know how to use the internet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
SomeGuy wrote:
Jack Bauer wrote:

His guy will call him and leave a message that he won't receive until he gets home later...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Jack Bauer wrote:

His guy will call him and leave a message that he won't receive until he gets home later...

Terry will get the scoop on us all. Two weeks ago he picked the U.S. to defeat Japan in World War II.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:45 pm 

Jason gets shifts now - he's a 'regular' on the weekends. As for radio time, Matt has been absent for quite a while - I might guess something like 6 months. My total throwing shit to the wall is that He and Mitch have discussed the situation and couldn't come to any type of agreement so Matt requested to take no shifts - thus, pushing Joe O/Rock into regular duty as well as Mark Grote/Steve Rosenbloom.

I'm just tossing shit in the wind, but something must have occurred between Matt and Mitch at some point in time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next