It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
:lol:

Yeah...I get off on bashing you, Beardown. It's really the only reason why I come to this message board.
Actually, this entire board is one big set up to bash you!
Surprise!!!
It only took 6 years to set up. whew....we were all wondering when you were going to figure that out.
:P

I guess we can all leave now?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Beardown wrote:
You people hating me is "your thing".

What do you mean by "you people"?

What do you mean "you people"?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Yer stupid! :P
My boss signs my checks...just like every company I have ever worked for as he is the owner. One guy.
It's called management. :wink:

I have no idea who signs my checks, I get direct deposit. I know that it's not my boss though.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

I likes it. It has now gotten to the point where everything I say is "crazy" and "stupid" when some of it is just common sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

you should get a voided copy with a signature on it.

batshit crazy was for cubbiegirl...you can remove one of the back patting arms.
Beardown = too relevant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Agreed. Everybody drops my name in the most random posts. The big cry is about Drinky and Goff not talking to them. I think that's kind of weird, but whatever. I'm just here for the women and the free booze anyway.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I likes it. It has now gotten to the point where everything I say is "crazy" and "stupid" when some of it is just common sense.

the internet is a wonderful thing isnt it? if this were real life people would disregard you based on the way your face looks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
Beardown wrote:

the internet is a wonderful thing isnt it? if this were real life people would disregard you based on the way your face looks.

That's very well put, Ike.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Agreed. Everybody drops my name in the most random posts. The big cry is about Drinky and Goff not talking to them. I think that's kind of weird, but whatever. I'm just here for the women and the free booze anyway.

Everybody, eh?
Here is another question that you can ignore.
Why do you fail to believe what drinky tells you to be true?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's simple. Bernstein doesn't act like a boss. It's not specifically said that he's the boss. He just is. He treats them all like partners. He lets Goff talk and he lets D&G say "Fuck you" to him. That's cool. It seems he allows 1-6 to be like a "Frat House". That's great. I think they've all developed a good relationship. Most things probably run smoothly on the B&B show so there is nothing to yell about. They answer the phones, get some sound from players, Goff plays the drops, Bernstein does the rest and everybody goes home at 6pm. It's smooth and easy every day. They've done it long enough. Nothing to yell about. But Bernstein is the boss even if he doesn't have to act like one. He could and would if he needed to do so.

My point is that Drinky works for the show. It's Bernstein's show. If there was a dispute with any radio host and a producer, the producer goes. Talent has the bigger money deal and means more to the show. It's easier to replace a producer and costs less. Does everybody get it? Probably not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

he's not the boss, but he is the boss....o.k.

well, then Boers is Dan's boss....senority et al.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
MAST3R CHI3F wrote:
BOSS BOSS I AM UR BOSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Judith Light never acted like a boss to Tony even though she was. Mostly cuz she wanted to bang him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dvzR0jfxKk&feature=related

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm 

I assume every CBS employee received a thick book with one of the pages letting everybody know who he is accountable to.

There is nothing like waking up next to a woman who outranks you but until they make one a general I'll just have to stick to cold showers...or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 pm 

Bernstein should get the boys some these coffee cups so the understand the hierarchy. He can scratch out carpenter and replace it with sports talker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

drinky wrote:
Oh, and we ARE just glorified interns anyway...

I don't agree with that. Don't listen to the critics and haters. Screw them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:20 pm 

Beardown wrote:
It's simple. Bernstein doesn't act like a boss. It's not specifically said that he's the boss. He just is. He treats them all like partners. He lets Goff talk and he lets D&G say "Fuck you" to him. That's cool. It seems he allows 1-6 to be like a "Frat House". That's great. I think they've all developed a good relationship. Most things probably run smoothly on the B&B show so there is nothing to yell about. They answer the phones, get some sound from players, Goff plays the drops, Bernstein does the rest and everybody goes home at 6pm. It's smooth and easy every day. They've done it long enough. Nothing to yell about. But Bernstein is the boss even if he doesn't have to act like one. He could and would if he needed to do so.

My point is that Drinky works for the show. It's Bernstein's show. If there was a dispute with any radio host and a producer, the producer goes. Talent has the bigger money deal and means more to the show. It's easier to replace a producer and costs less. Does everybody get it? Probably not.

Bdown you are correct it is simple, Matt & Jason would know who they work for better than you or I. So that being said why don't you take the guys word for it when he says that Mitch Rosen is his boss?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree. Mitch Rosen is his boss along with Dan Bersntein.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Wow, what a meandering thread this has turned into. :roll:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
batshit crazy.

If Berns signs the checks...he's the boss. if he doesn't, then he's not the boss.
just like it is in the real world...

OK, that's one of the least-informed comments I've seen here. In my entire career, my boss has never once signed my paycheck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

If it makes everybody feel better, Drinky and Goff are the boss of the interns. The interns are the lowest on the Score chain of command.

CBS Corporate execs...Drew Hayes...Mitch Rosen...Talk Show Hosts, Reporters & Update people...Producers...Interns

I might be missing somone between Drew Hayes and "CBS corporate" but you get the idea. It's a chain of command like many companies. The interns answer to everybody. As you go up, you knock off a boss. Why is this a horrible thing to say? Why can't you people understand it? It's common sense. Why must i be killed for saying this? :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Abbatacola, you are nothing more than a glorified intern. You work for everyone at that station in the same way that a janitor works for everyone in the building. The fact that you are contesting it tells me you know the score. Plus, I'd rather have Bernsie as my boss, he is a lot smarter and more respectable than Rosen. You know everything I say is true...painful, but true. You know you're nothing more than a pissboy:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Good. Go after him everybody!!! Get him!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Magnus Buchan wrote:
Abbatacola, you are nothing more than a glorified intern. You work for everyone at that station in the same way that a janitor works for everyone in the building. The fact that you are contesting it tells me you know the score. Plus, I'd rather have Bernsie as my boss, he is a lot smarter and more respectable than Rosen. You know everything I say is true...painful, but true. You know you're nothing more than a pissboy:

Wait for the shake.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:39 pm 
Completely hypothetical since I have no idea what the real power structure is (though many here don't seem to believe what the guys who DO know what it is are saying LOL)

Beardown, even if Berns had a problem with Drinky, he still wouldn't have power to fire him. Would Berns have the authority go say "I don't want him working on my show anymore", I would assume the answer is yes. At that point Drinky would go back to working for Murph :-) But I would think that a decree of "you're fired" would come from Mitch. Hence, Mitch is D&G's boss.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Baby McNown wrote:
Completely hypothetical since I have no idea what the real power structure is (though many here don't seem to believe what the guys who DO know what it is are saying LOL)

Beardown, even if Berns had a problem with Drinky, he still wouldn't have power to fire him. Would Berns have the authority go say "I don't want him working on my show anymore", I would assume the answer is yes. At that point Drinky would go back to working for Murph :-) But I would think that a decree of "you're fired" would come from Mitch. Hence, Mitch is D&G's boss.

Correct. But you're agreeing with me. In a working relationship, the person with more value is the de facto boss. No, Bernstein couldn't say "you're fired" to a producer. But, like you said, he could make it happen. That's power. That's being the boss. A producer certainly couldn't say "I don't want to work with this host" and have him fired or removed from a show. We all know that. Mitch would laugh at him or her. This is hypothetical. We all know everybody on the B&B show loves and respects each other. Drinky told us that. This would never happen but Bernstein does have that power if he chooses to use it. I'm sure Drinky and Goff realize that even if they don't want to admit it. The B&B show works nice and easy. They could all do it in their sleep. There is no need for yelling by Bernstein so there are no conflicts. He allows them to needle him. Bernstein doesn't care. Many radio hosts wouldn't take shit from producers. I think Murph was one of those. He's gone through producers by using his power.

I've solved another crisis CSFMB. It's not curing cancer but it's close. :wink:

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Come on, that is semantics. If Bernsie says fire the guy and they fire him he is calling the shots....and thats how it works fellas. These guys like Drinky, Goff, and Rock are just rotable components and they serve at the behest of their masters...meaning the on-air talent they serve. Mitch just formalizes the actions. Anyone who doesn't understand that is naive. If so, here's something cute for you:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Buchan is saying what I'm saying but he's just more mean about it. Why don't you guys yell at him?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
This was a nice thread, ruined predictably.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next