It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I don't get it. You assume that Grid would send in 10 emails a day to MJH as different monikers. I doubt that was the case and once I found out who he was, I would listen for them. Grid and Mac are also actually friends....
You know...you could send in multiple emails and they would use or borrow your thoughts but not necessarily give you credit.

The guys that display fawning adoration and post on his facebook I can't defend. But, those guys are:
1. probably not on this board.
2. and have likely never met him.

shit...now, I'm defending the ALS'ers...
quick, someone steal another phrase from Terry and come with a witty response...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I'm getting a bit sick of a few terms right now....ALS, Oh Snap and Shake That. :x :roll:

Bob Collins wrote:
SHAKE THAT

Seriously, I know this is what we do here, but who the fuck cares about any of these labels?

Im a Van Peezy ALSer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
There is a collection of meaty white guys that seem to have an almost sexual-obsession with all things Mac. He develops man-crushes, for whatever reason. You know it when you see it...There aren't guys that develop multiple monikers so that they can talk to Mac more than once in a single show. There aren't people that are absolutely guaranteed to rush to defend him no matter the circumstances.

You should take into account some of the people are his actual friends. Not because they want to be seen with him or think he is "important" but because he is a decent human being. You should defend your friends even if you don't agree with them or like what they have done always. Say whatever you want in private but pubically you should be supporting them.
So basically you agree with Irish Boy, you just think it's not a big deal?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Jerry Taft wrote:
This is just silly, why don't we do something else.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So basically you agree with Irish Boy, you just think it's not a big deal?

No. There is a huge fundamental difference in our opinions. Do you really not see that or do you just like me to have to explain everything I say all the time?

Also his friends do not arbitrarily defend everything he does but if they wanted to I wouldn't have a problem with it. They come out mostly when Mac is being picked on by the same people.

Why do you guys not have a problem with the way Mac gets spoken here to a lot of the time by the same few posters and yet have a problem with the same few people that stick up for him?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
OK. Grown men that create multiple personas so that they can e-mail Mac more than once a day and get on the air isn't ALSish. Not at all.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

IB comin' out swinging today!

Your respone, GridBeef?

PTFB... Slick says to fuck off too btw. LOL...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:45 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
No. There is a huge fundamental difference in our opinions. Do you really not see that or do you just like me to have to explain everything I say all the time?
You said that there are a group of people who will blindly defend Mac because they are friends with him. All you added was a reason why they do it. You did basically say the same thing. "You should defend your friends even if you don't agree with them or like what they have done always." is basically admitting that they defend him no matter what. That's pretty much exactly what Irish Boy was talking about. The reason is irrelevant.
Spaulding wrote:
Also his friends do not arbitrarily defend everything he does but if they wanted to I wouldn't have a problem with it. They come out mostly when Mac is being picked on by the same people.
This is different than what you originally said. Go read what you originally wrote. You originally proclaimed that they should universally support him because he is a friend. Now you are saying that they don't universally support him and only respond to when he is "picked on". That's a different idea all together. Next time you want to "explain everything you say" how about not changing your entire point?
Spaulding wrote:
Why do you guys not have a problem with the way Mac gets spoken here to a lot of the time by the same few posters and yet have a problem with the same few people that stick up for him?
Mac gets praised here. Mac gets criticized here. Anyone who has a problem with either of those things really shouldn't throw stones at the other side. Mac dishes it out just fine. He's scolded this board before for his opinion on our behavior. There are even things that had nothing to do with him personally, such as our treatment of Linda S. which caused a huge uproar. He shot back pretty hard back at Darkside. He pronounced our board to be dying and said it wasn't as good as it used to be. Laurence Holmes hasn't posted here in years and he gets it much worse than Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm 

Exhibit A for Spauldings pity party about how people are mean to Mac.
Deacon Blues wrote:
spadaesq wrote:
I tried calling Chris Rongey and Lawrence Holmes show on the Score this evening to talk about the Sox outfield situation but was told I am not allowed on the air. I wonder who made that call? What is this person afraid of?

they realize that you really don't know much about sports. oh, and you are a raging asshole.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=760274#p760274

Why do you guys not have a problem with the way Spada gets spoken here to a lot of the time by the same few posters and yet have a problem with the same few people that attack Mac?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I can see how MAC draws the fire on here. Constant bragging about the good life he leads always filtered in his baseball & football talk. Overall though,I enjoy his show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
rogers park bryan wrote:
But who cares anyway? Im a Bruce Wolf ALSer

Whoa that thing there. You better clear that with Spmack. I heard it on the radio, that Spmack is the worlds biggest Bruce Wolf fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:49 pm 

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=757119#p757119
Why doesn't anyone have a problem with the Ranger getting attacked?
Scorehead wrote:
Ranger wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
For a guy in communications, you don't communicate very well.

I'd respond to that, but you didn't make a point.

Ok. I'll put it another way. You are a lousy communicator. Your responses to posts here read like they were written by a 12 year old. Get the point?

Is Ranger not a "decent human being" too?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=757119#p757119
Why doesn't anyone have a problem with the Ranger getting attacked?
Scorehead wrote:
Ranger wrote:

I'd respond to that, but you didn't make a point.

Ok. I'll put it another way. You are a lousy communicator. Your responses to posts here read like they were written by a 12 year old. Get the point?

Is Ranger not a "decent human being" too?

I do. I like Ranger. I think he does a fine job and he is very friendly in person.
I'm pretty sure he can stick up for himself though.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Im glad I could get everyone riled up about this again.

What I said earlier is true. I dont think that Mac should just use his facebook page as a way to find out what people want to hear or what people are talking about. With Facebook it's alot harder to be blunt with someone because they can track you down and kill you! :P :P On this message board I can just say mean stuff and not have to click back on that thread if I dont want to!!

Although Mac has said many many many times, if you don't like what he has to say PTFB. It hasn't come to that for me yet, as I do like the show still.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

OK.... back to your meatballian circle jerk.

Later,

Beef MultMore

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:04 pm 

^ I don't know whether to feel sick, disgusted, hungry, itchy, smokey, drinky, horny, gay, or sad. :?

Already experienced that after attending the B&B remote.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:11 pm 

I'm going to explain this as best as I can and hopefully that will be it because I really don't want to keep going down this road.

Most people would consider me an honest person, I don't have anything hide or an agenda, I have opinions, sometimes strong ones. They can be changed, I can be proved wrong and I don't have a problem with it. I get the feeling that you think I'm a complete ditz and seek out things you find "wrong" with my posts. I know you have said you read what is there and don't think about it much...I have a tendency to assume people know where I'm coming from and take background into account from what you already know about me.

I do believe that you should defend your friends even if you don't agree with them. When I said that I was thinking of the posters that attack Mac especially on a personal level or when they take a small thing and try to blow it up and make him out to be the worst person on earth. I think some take pretty big leaps about his character and his friends try to combat that because they know him.

I've disagreed with Mac on stuff, I don't like some of the things he has said or done, I don't like his current show. Nobody has evergotten pissy about it. His friends only speak up or come to his defense when somebody is being an asshole about it. They should...whether he is right or wrong. They do universally support him. There is a differnce when one of us comes on and gives an opinion with a train of thought and when somebody logs on and calls him a lazy asshole blah blah blah.

Linda S is Grid I'm pretty sure and when he said the board was dying I think Mac was having fun with us. Plus a lot of the posters that I enjoyed don't post as much. I didn't really post much this past week, people take breaks, maybe that's what he is doing. I don't think Darkside and Mac have kept ill will torward each other?

I feel bad for Sir Laurence and I like him and his show. He screws up quite a bit though and disagree that he gets it worse than Mac.

I do not like the way spada is treated and I admire him for coming back here and being pretty cordial. I don't know if the same people always set out to be asswipes to him though. I don't like what Deacon said but I think there is a difference if that was his first post and his 80th like that. Again I don't like when people crap on people just to crap on them.

As for Ranger, he seems okay, I don't know much about him. Scorehead is one of the grumpier people here but sometimes you give what you get, could be just talk, could be trying to improve his "status" here. I don't know. I think he takes shit here too.

I don't know if any of them have good friends here so the comparison to Mac isn't the same.

Please do not dissect this post sentence by sentence. If you have something to rail on me about try to condense it down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Spaulding wrote:
I don't think Darkside and Mac have kept ill will torward each other?

Not even remotely. Had spent a good hour or so with Mac at Double Door for one of Doug's kick ass shows. We talked for awhile, then Doug told him I was Darkside and we had a couple laughs about that crazy shit from the past.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Not even remotely. Had spent a good hour or so with Mac at Double Door for one of Doug's kick ass shows. We talked for awhile, then Doug told him I was Darkside and we had a couple laughs about that crazy shit from the past.

Did you dazzle him with any of your A-Team material?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Matches Malone wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Darko loves it when a plan comes together...

Last edited by Mr. Reason on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 pm 

Darkside wrote:

Good to hear. It doesn't fit either personality. You guys are goofs. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:

I told him I like camping, and I have big guns. He was sold after that. didn't need the A-team jokes. Or the Liam Neeson Hate. You didn't fall for it either... :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 pm 

Darkside wrote:
I have big guns.

but only 10% ammo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Or the Liam Neeson Hate.

Huh!? :? How could you not like his throat punches in "Taken"? I loved that movie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
This fuckin thread is all over the map :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Spaulding wrote:
Please do not dissect this post sentence by sentence. If you have something to rail on me about try to condense it down.

The necessary density of said railing would rival that of a 'black hole'.

... which is roughly 10^17kg/m^3 ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Or the Liam Neeson Hate.

Huh!? :? How could you not like his throat punches in "Taken"? I loved that movie.

Fuck Liam Neeson. You ever seen Darkman?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Or the Liam Neeson Hate.

Fuck Liam Neeson. You ever seen Darkman?

nope

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
nope

Well if you did you'd hate him too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
What about 'Next of Kin'? Liam can even play a Kentucky Hick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 pm 

WTF, why wasn't I provided a formal invitation to this cyber circle jerk?

And where the hell is Ed from Lisle?

No... that can't be....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next