It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Hello all. I know I don't come on here as much as I used to, but I wanted to plug this event that means a lot to my family. On May 15th, my wife and I will be walking in the 2010 Greater Chicago Epilepsy Walk on behalf of our son Alex (Team Alex) in Lincoln Park. For those of you that are rather new or don't know, Alex was diagnosed with epilepsy at age 4. He has gone through many hospitalizations and the doctors have tried countless medications. Nothing worked so my wife and I made the decision for Alex to undergo epilepsy brain surgery. Last February, he went through two surgeries (some of you may recall the updates I was giving). Unfortunately for Alex (and us), he is still not seizure free at age 7. We have decided to walk in this event to raise awareness and generate donations for a cause near and dear to our hearts.

I realize times are tough for many of us financially (believe me, going on over a year of unemployment), but if some of you could donate and sponsor Team Alex, we'd greatly appreciate it. Or, if you'd like, you can join our team and walk with us. To view our team page, you can follow this link: http://epilepsywalk2010.kintera.org/faf ... am=3723185
That should take you to our team page where you can join our team or make a donation. Thank you for taking the time to read about this event. Any questions, just PM me.

Darren

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:53 am 

I was already thinking of participating as I have a Godson with epilepsy.